Spotted in the wild: x88 King x922

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by greenstone View Post

Thanks for the link I will try it and see how it works.

Edit: Downloaded the file but the image doesn't seem to want to work with USB Burning tool. Is there another link that works with it?
    Edit: Going to try again may have been a bad download.
    try with UBT 2.1.6.5

Comment

Originally posted by kos25k View Post
      try with UBT 2.1.6.5
      I downloaded it again and it installed properly however magisk is not a straight out thing.

I had to turn on the magisk module let it reboot... install magisk hide... and even then it did not fix the issue with CTS profile failed.

No idea how to fix it now. I tried downloading a module that claims to fix it from:
      To Fix CTS Profile Match Fail issue and to fix "Play Integrity", use the Magisk Module mentioned in this article. This Magisk module will help to get...

But magisk does not recognize the zip file as a module it can install.
      So I am basically at the same point I was before.

Comment

I downloaded it again and it installed properly however magisk is not a straight out thing.

I had to turn on the magisk module let it reboot... install magisk hide... and even then it did not fix the issue with CTS profile failed.

No idea how to fix it now. I tried downloading a module that claims to fix it from:
        https://droidholic.com/safetynet-cts...le-failed-fix/

There is no need to install any other zip file or any fix at all.
        1. Just "update" the magisk app (although it actually doesn't need to do this) and let it reboot.
        2. Enable "Hide" (actually you do not "install" hide, but just enable it). In "Hide" select all options in Google (deselect and select again all of them, just to be sure). Reboot.
        Try now again CTS.

*** If you still have problems do the following:
        a. Download and install Magisk Module "MagiskHideProps Config". Let it reboot.
        b. Through this module change your fingerprint to let's say Mi Box S. There are plenty of instructions how you can do this (i.e. use terminal emulator for the required commands).
        After doing this all Safety Net options will be "blue".

Comment

So I reverted to the 10.7 Slimbox the vortex installer rom wouldn't give me audio with hbomax and disney plus and the magisk never worked out.
          Spent a good hour messing with it trying to figure out what could be wrong but I rather wait until a better fix comes along.
          I can get Aurora store to install disney plus and hbo max and still get sound from the 10.7 slimbox installer.

How to install Disney Plus:
          1. Install fdroid.
          2. Look for Aurora Store.
          3. Install Aurora Store.

Accept all the dialogs and use anonymously.

You can now install any app easily.

Comment

Just took my beloved king from the electrician.(Burned HDMI output or HDMI chip) He said me,only if i find the electrical diagram of the box,maybe he will be able to replace the chip.Does anyone kindfull enough can try to find the diagram please so i can bring back to life this fantastic box?

Comment

To Fix CTS Profile Match Fail issue and to fix "Play Integrity", use the Magisk Module mentioned in this article. This Magisk module will help to get...

Don't use magisk, use SU it works great....v0.4.0 Xvortex I tried Magisk and it doesn't let a lot of my apps even open.

Comment

Originally posted by raruba View Post

Don't use magisk, use SU it works great....v0.4.0 Xvortex I tried Magisk and it doesn't let a lot of my apps even open.
                All you have to do with magisk is to pass the "SafetyNet".If you do that I think you will have no problem to use any application, even those that require you to be unrooted.
                I gave a hint how to do this.

Comment

Been working on this for a couple of hours no success yet.

I reinstalled the vortex 0.4 rom.

Trying to get magisk to work.

I select: Magisk enable with root for the ugos settings, let it reboot.
                  I enable the Check SafteyNet - and check safety and everything is failled.
                  I go to the Magisk settings and turn on MagiskHide and reboot.
                  Check safteynet status - failed.
                  I go into the Superuser setting and click on MagiskHide arrow which lets me select each app/system program individually. I look for all google apps and system apps and turn on the hide for everything in them.
                  I reboot.
                  I check safetynet and still have a everything is failed.
                  I try to install Magisk Hide Config and succeed however there is no UI configuration for magisk hide config available.
                  So far I have had little to no success doing this.

Here are some screenshots:
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	magiskcheck.jpg
Views:	342
Size:	49.1 KB
ID:	822283Click image for larger version

Name:	magiskhideon.jpg
Views:	348
Size:	112.8 KB
ID:	822284Click image for larger version

Name:	magiskhidelist.jpg
Views:	331
Size:	62.9 KB
ID:	822285Click image for larger version

Name:	magiskhideprops.jpg
Views:	338
Size:	88.3 KB
ID:	822286

Like I said no luck so far not sure what I did wrong.

Comment

So...

As I said nothing would work with the Magisk alone and there was no UI for the Magisk Hide Config,.

So rereading your message let me get an idea what to do with the Magisk hide Config,
                    I went here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/m...5-4-0.3789228/

After installing android terminal I ran props as they said, and was given a long list.
                    I chose a Samsung Tablet testing it now - and ws given a complete success screen.
                    Going to see if the apps will install properly or if I have to change it to a phone.

Comment

Been working on this for a couple of hours no success yet.

I reinstalled the vortex 0.4 rom.

Trying to get magisk to work.

I select: Magisk enable with root for the ugos settings, let it reboot.
                      I enable the Check SafteyNet - and check safety and everything is failled.
                      I go to the Magisk settings and turn on MagiskHide and reboot.
                      Check safteynet status - failed.
                      I go into the Superuser setting and click on MagiskHide arrow which lets me select each app/system program individually. I look for all google apps and system apps and turn on the hide for everything in them.
                      I reboot.
                      I check safetynet and still have a everything is failed.
                      I try to install Magisk Hide Config and succeed however there is no UI configuration for magisk hide config available.
                      So far I have had little to no success doing this.

Here are some screenshots:
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	magiskcheck.jpg
Views:	342
Size:	49.1 KB
ID:	822283Click image for larger version

Name:	magiskhideon.jpg
Views:	348
Size:	112.8 KB
ID:	822284Click image for larger version

Name:	magiskhidelist.jpg
Views:	331
Size:	62.9 KB
ID:	822285Click image for larger version

Name:	magiskhideprops.jpg
Views:	338
Size:	88.3 KB
ID:	822286

Like I said no luck so far not sure what I did wrong.
                      You have done nothing wrong !!!!
                      But to pass SafetyNet you may have to do some additional steps.
                      I have made a Help file for magisk/SafetyNet and for my custom firmware for H96 max X3,HK1 Box and clones https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-...268#post822268.
                      The same way I have done it in my X88 King and 0.4.0.
                      I don't think I should post it publicly, but in Private Messages (for obvious reasons).
                      If you want to try it please send me a PM.
                      If it is OK for what you want to do, please keep it in a Private Message basis afterwards

Comment

greenstone I forgot that I virtually posted ALL the steps required !!!
                        So here are the Full instructions :https://mega.nz/file/VolBHaBQ#hZNIjD...A5AECpITmd-te8
                        Enjoy

Comment

So I got it working with Samsung Tab A (9.0 os)

Couple of issues:

1. Sometimes when I reboot it loses the Magisk's settings forcing me to restart again.
                          2. Disney+ and HBO Max have tons of audio issues with any box it seems, the audio settings never seem to work the first try so I have to reset the audio a few times.
                          (While I was having a similar problem with Slimbox I was always able to set the audio settings easily by just resetting the switch this time though it seems its random.)
                          3. I also noticed the time on the box is set to military time all the time while the internal time is set to 12 hour.

According to slimbox users the last version that didnt have a clock issue was 10.6.

Any idea what could be forcing the clock to military time?

Comment

So I got it working with Samsung Tab A (9.0 os)

Couple of issues:

1. Sometimes when I reboot it loses the Magisk's settings forcing me to restart again.
                            2. Disney+ and HBO Max have tons of audio issues with any box it seems, the audio settings never seem to work the first try so I have to reset the audio a few times.
                            (While I was having a similar problem with Slimbox I was always able to set the audio settings easily by just resetting the switch this time though it seems its random.)
                            3. I also noticed the time on the box is set to military time all the time while the internal time is set to 12 hour.

According to slimbox users the last version that didnt have a clock issue was 10.6.

Any idea what could be forcing the clock to military time?
                            Yeah, Slimbox is having a lot of problems, I installed v11 on my X96 Max+ and everything was real big, 5 things get fixed and 10 things stop working it seems

Comment

I am using Xvortex 0.4, and I have no real problems, but I have noticed the light on top of the box no longer works. Is this happpening to anybody else? I actually prefer for the light to not work, just wondering if it was caused by the firmware. I think the top cover lighting up is useless, so I would prefer it did not work, just making sure it is meant to not work and is not a problem caused by something I did or by bad hardware.

Comment

• mo123
                                mo123 commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Xvortex 0.4 is pirated Ugoos AM6 firmware.
                                Users can get into trouble for sharing links to it or creating such mods.

Originally posted by Porkie View Post
                              I am using Xvortex 0.4, and I have no real problems, but I have noticed the light on top of the box no longer works. Is this happpening to anybody else? I actually prefer for the light to not work, just wondering if it was caused by the firmware. I think the top cover lighting up is useless, so I would prefer it did not work, just making sure it is meant to not work and is not a problem caused by something I did or by bad hardware.
                              Obviously you have the Black version of X88. And Yes the top light is not working in this version. And Yes most users are OK with it (some also find this light bothering!!!). You have done nothing wrong

Comment

Working...
                              X