Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by raruba View Post

Is that test on the original firmware?
    Test was done with the original software from manufacturer after the firmware upgrades. I did make some changes to the build.prop but those are mostly small tweaks that wouldn't really effect the results.

Comment

Originally posted by greenstone View Post

Test was done with the original software from manufacturer after the firmware upgrades. I did make some changes to the build.prop but those are mostly small tweaks that wouldn't really effect the results.
      Cool, yeah my box since the update...I think its 12-11-2019 is running real good. No problems for me.

Comment

What I would like to get is a way to get playstore working properly - I tried spoofing it but like I have read but that didnt seem to work for me, and using magisk in recovery mode seems tedious not sure if it would even fix the problem. So workaround seem to be the best solutions.

As far as Antutu 8.1.1 - I got the software from upanddown appstore - I got aida64 from google playstore.

I upgraded kodi by using the preinstalled version 8.1 (pie 318), then going to kodi.tv and downloading the newest one.
        The amazon appstore you can get directly through e-mail from amazon by "purchasing" it but its free. They send you an e-mail with the link.
        This is the upanddown appstore link: https://en.uptodown.com/android
        You can also get aptoide, and fdroid appstores.
        Last edited by greenstone; 01-03-2020, 12:06.

Comment

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 5 photos.

Comment

Nothing new yet but I did find a link to the most recent stock firmware that someone got on a russian forum.

Share your pictures, send large videos, exchange music or transfer big files. No registration required. Unlimited upload/download speed.

Comment

Nothing new yet but I did find a link to the most recent stock firmware that someone got on a russian forum.

https://dropmefiles.com/mKSwa
              But its just the link to the stock firmware that will be updated if you are on stock firmware. I already had the update, so having the img file is kinda pointless. I know there are developers that can make ROMS, but unless we get the souce I do not see anything improving with this device, unless one of those developers decides to buy the device and develop for it. The kernel seems to be the problem. They actually have Armbian running on the X88 King, but because they do not have the kernel source they cannot get the USB ports working, and are having the same problems. Armbian is working on it, but nobody else seems to be interested. I am thinking this is gonna be one of those devices that looks good on paper, but never gets enough developers interested to fix the problems it has. This will be the second device I have bought this year that has problems, but there is nobody there to fix them. So I have 2 brand new android boxes still in their box, cause they are basically useless wihout a good firmware to flash. One of those devices is an s905x2 device, and has been in its box for over 6 months, and probably has not been used for more than 2 hours since I bought it. Buying these Chinese boxes is a crapshoot, cause some may get lots of attention from developers, and some never get any real attention. I think if nothing gets done with the X88 King in the next few months I may just use it as an emulation device, cause that is about all it seems to be good for at this point. I guess I will stick wth my x96 Max till someone fixes the X88 King or I get something new, but the odds of getting a good rom for the X88 King is very slim. I thougt for sure developers would jump on the X88 King based on price and specs, but I was wrong. Me stupidly thinking it would be a hit with developers is what made me buy it, but I guess I will chalk it up to a lesson learned. Realistically I do not see this device improving. After I bought it and before I ever received it I already knew I made a mistake buying it, simply based on the lack of interest I was seeing on the forums. Its not the first and will not be the last time I buy a Chinese box with problems that never get solved.

Comment

What I would like to get is a way to get playstore working properly - I tried spoofing it but like I have read but that didnt seem to work for me, and using magisk in recovery mode seems tedious not sure if it would even fix the problem. So workaround seem to be the best solutions.

As far as Antutu 8.1.1 - I got the software from upanddown appstore - I got aida64 from google playstore.

I upgraded kodi by using the preinstalled version 8.1 (pie 318), then going to kodi.tv and downloading the newest one.
                The amazon appstore you can get directly through e-mail from amazon by "purchasing" it but its free. They send you an e-mail with the link.
                This is the upanddown appstore link: https://en.uptodown.com/android
                You can also get aptoide, and fdroid appstores.
                I tried AnTuTu 8.2 and it says box is not compatible. Thats on the 12/11/2019 firmware. By the way its running real good with this firmware.

Comment

Originally posted by raruba View Post

I tried AnTuTu 8.2 and it says box is not compatible. Thats on the 12/11/2019 firmware. By the way its running real good with this firmware.
                  I got 123'000, but like I said, the box only seems good for emulators at the moment. I mostly use my android boxes for streaming, but this box would be perfect for playing retro games all the way up to the PSP.

Comment

Originally posted by Porkie View Post

I got 123'000, but like I said, the box only seems good for emulators at the moment. I mostly use my android boxes for streaming, but this box would be perfect for playing retro games all the way up to the PSP.
                    Dont you have ramdomly resets? Im using savlad ROM and have a lot of resets for day

Comment

I have not really used the box at all. I turned it on updated it, fixed a couple minor things, ran antutu, ran a couple apps just to see what the performance would be, and maybe had it on for a total of 2 hours. I realized it would just be a headache ring to use the box, so I will just wait till a sable ROM or firmware comes along before I use it. Hopefully the issues get worked out.

Comment

Originally posted by Juasser View Post

Dont you have ramdomly resets? Im using savlad ROM and have a lot of resets for day
                        The new stock rom runs good for me 12/11/2019. But still can't run antutu for it, says not compatible for this box.

Comment

I am using the stock updated rom - the biggest problem I have is the play store not being certified - then not having a status or notification bar - I tried the russian rom but it had too many problems so I went back to the original which runs fine but has the above issues.

So far I can stream fine I have:disney+, hbo go, showtime go, kodi, #animania, amazon prime video, hulu, and a bunch of other smaller streaming apps tubi, xumo,so on, I can make a full list if anyone wants it.
                          (I haven't used IPTV but lots of people say the same thing that it causes the box to reboot after a while..)

Games however I haven't found anything that I really want to play - I can play hearthstone and lots of card games without issues - but driving games and the like I don't have a android controller that works well yet so haven't really played anything.

I will try and get the antutu 8.2.2 see if I can get a score.

I did make changes to the build.prop but only stuff I have seen on the forums that actually might work.

Comment

I tried to use the Amlogic Customization tool to unpack a few roms and do comparisons between them but I can not find the Customization tool/unpacker that doesn't give errors for android 9 pie - so for example if I unpack alvatech's rom it gives me an error when I do it - same for the official rom for x88 king - I can see the files but due to the error I can not repack if I try to modify something. Which sucks.

Comment

I tried to use the Amlogic Customization tool to unpack a few roms and do comparisons between them but I can not find the Customization tool/unpacker that doesn't give errors for android 9 pie - so for example if I unpack alvatech's rom it gives me an error when I do it - same for the official rom for x88 king - I can see the files but due to the error I can not repack if I try to modify something. Which sucks.
                              Pie roms are not supported. You hav to use a program called AMLOGIC Unpacker for pie roms. You can find it on XDA

Comment

Just seen a new s922x box called the Magicsee N6 Plus, and it also as 128GB of storage. I am willing to bet the firmware is interchangable, but will still have the same exact problems that the X88 King has. The good part is if the firmware is interchagable and the source gets released for the N6 Plus we wil be able to fix our device based on the changes done to that device. A lot of these boxes use interchangable firmware, so lets hope the firmware for the N6 Plus intechanges with the X88 King.

Comment

• mo123
                                  mo123 commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  Magicsee devices are far worse than WeChip devices, also with zero support.
                                  So don't hold up your breath for firmware updates for it to save the X88.
                              Working...
                              X