Spotted in the wild: x88 King x922

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spotted in the wild: x88 King x922

X88 King Android 9.0 TV BOX S922X Hexa-core Mali-G52 MP6 LPDDR4 4GB 128GB Set Top Box Dual Wifi Bluetooth 5.0 1000M LAN Player

Last edited by trebor; 10-16-2019, 00:57.
    treboR
    Please consider
    Donating to Freaktab

Device looks like it will be having sale price around $110 or lower to try and undercut the Beelink GT-King. What worries me about these devices is if it has a decent quality 128 GB eMMC 5.0+ installed then what cost savings measures where taken in the rest of the hardware to being selling it for less than a GT-King?

Comment

Originally posted by RiCkLaR_atvX View Post
      Device looks like it will be having sale price around $110 or lower to try and undercut the Beelink GT-King. What worries me about these devices is if it has a decent quality 128 GB eMMC 5.0+ installed then what cost savings measures where taken in the rest of the hardware to being selling it for less than a GT-King?
      There's going to be a lot of cost cutting and zero firmware updates like all previous X88 devices.
      The cheapest 128GB emmc already cost $67, excluding the RAM that is another $25-30.
      Why on earth do they use 128GB emmc, just for marketing hype?
      If they want to use that kind of storage space, they could have made it compatible with NVME SSD's like other S922x or RK3399 devices so users could at least use a 250GB SSD and get 10 times the read/write speeds.

Comment

Agreed, NVMe slot integrated into the compact tvbox would be the cool thing to do or even just add a Sata 2.5" expansion bay to mount a standard SSD.

Comment

X88 King Amlogic S922X Android 9.0 TV BOX 4GB/128GB eMMC 2.4G+5G WIFI Bluetooth 5.0 USB3.0 Gigabit LAN Optical

GeekBuying
          $94.99 after coupon: 1111GKB05
          treboR
          Please consider
          Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Guest_atvX
            "....What worries me about these devices is if it has a decent quality 128 GB eMMC 5.0+ installed then what cost savings measures where taken in the rest of the hardware to being selling it for less than a GT-King? "

++1
            ?? WHERE THE HEEELLLLL!! .....is the comment "LIKE" BUTTON?!
            ....Firmware?
            Kris....don't forget my boxes! Okay?

Comment

This model have a sealed plastic case ?

Comment

Originally posted by ClarkKent View Post
                Guest_atvX
                "....What worries me about these devices is if it has a decent quality 128 GB eMMC 5.0+ installed then what cost savings measures where taken in the rest of the hardware to being selling it for less than a GT-King? "

++1
                ....Firmware?
                Zero firmware updates forever.
                But if users are drawn to 128GB storage which they will never reach and if they don't care about firmware updates or video playback then buy it.

Just read the product description on GB.
                'The Beelink GT-King tv box'; 'Brand: MECOOL'
                So you are getting a 3-in-1 device, a GT-King + Mecool KM9 Pro + X88 King
                Seems to good to be true
                If the manufacturer just copy and paste other manufacturers info and sends it to GB and other stores, just imagine the quality control for the hardware and software, disaster 101.

Comment

Guest_atvX

++1
                  ....Firmware?
                  Anybody know how I might go about rooting this BOX....the dam firmware isn't rooted and I can't find the stock firmware anywhere.

Comment

Guest_atvX

++1
                    ....Firmware?
                    Anybody know how I might go about rooting this BOX....the dam firmware isn't rooted and I can't find the stock firmware anywhere. I was able to get TWRP installed on it.

Comment

Originally posted by raruba View Post

Anybody know how I might go about rooting this BOX....the dam firmware isn't rooted and I can't find the stock firmware anywhere. I was able to get TWRP installed on it.
                      Did you try simply flashing supersu.zip with twrp?

Official SuperSu-2.82

Note: But first don't forget to take backup with twrp.

Comment

Originally posted by darkstar View Post

Did you try simply flashing supersu.zip with twrp?

Official SuperSu-2.82

Note: But first don't forget to take backup with twrp.
                        I already backed it up.....going to give your new SuperSu a try......thanks....will let you know if it works or not....thanks again....I was trying Magisk and it wouldn't work.
                        UPDATE: Didn't work...looked like it worked when I installed it in TWRP.....but when it booted up NO ROOT.
                        Thanks for the try though.
                        Last edited by raruba; 11-29-2019, 14:07.

Comment

I bought this box around a week ago after messing with it for a bit I can tell you it has lots of problems.

First it doesn't have root so running any application which requires root is basically dead in the water.
                          Second the manufacturer doesn't have a support/web page anywhere on its information package, so it won't be easy to find firmware in the future.
                          It does come with OTA firmware update tool and for some reason if you type "π318" in the calendar it will install a hidden version of kodi they include.

So far after trying tons of apps I normally use I can tell you many are not working.

It comes with netflix built in but amazon prime doesn't work, disney plus doesn't work, hell even old games like Angry Birds and Sonic are not working.

After running around and looking for support sources I found one site that says they will get a upgraded firmware for it by/around Dec 15.
                          (This was on a discussion thread on a youtube video so not sure if its accurate or not.)

I found one link in another thread with a copy of the firmware that is currently implemented.

https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%...126D253EA3A2B2

Someone suggested trying a gt king firmware with it but I doubt a gt king firmware would work with it though since the boxes do not have the same memory.

Comment

Originally posted by greenstone View Post
                            I bought this box around a week ago after messing with it for a bit I can tell you it has lots of problems.

First it doesn't have root so running any application which requires root is basically dead in the water.
                            Second the manufacturer doesn't have a support/web page anywhere on its information package, so it won't be easy to find firmware in the future.
                            It does come with OTA firmware update tool and for some reason if you type "π318" in the calendar it will install a hidden version of kodi they include.

So far after trying tons of apps I normally use I can tell you many are not working.

It comes with netflix built in but amazon prime doesn't work, disney plus doesn't work, hell even old games like Angry Birds and Sonic are not working.

After running around and looking for support sources I found one site that says they will get a upgraded firmware for it by/around Dec 15.
                            (This was on a discussion thread on a youtube video so not sure if its accurate or not.)

I found one link in another thread with a copy of the firmware that is currently implemented.

https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%...126D253EA3A2B2

Someone suggested trying a gt king firmware with it but I doubt a gt king firmware would work with it though since the boxes do not have the same memory.
                            The firmware issues will never get fixed since it's a ship and forget device.
                            If you look at the Ugoos AM6 S922x, it already got 25 ota firmware updates in 4 months.
                            So you get what you pay for.

Disney+ on the other hand requires Widevine L1 and strict security and only works on the FireTV, Roku, Nvidia Shield and Xiaomi Mi tv boxes.

Comment

Working twrp is great, you can try several methods to root your device.

If you want you can try Sasvlads patched supersu from topic below or ask Sasvlad to share patched supersu.zip for S922.

https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-...rs-android-8-1

Regards,
                              Last edited by darkstar; 12-02-2019, 14:26.

Comment

Working...
                              X