No announcement yet.

Spotted in the wild: x88 King x922

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attached below is the Wildvine CDM status of the X88 King box.
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

More DRM info - clear key is set to google 1.1

Comment

• mo123
        mo123 commented
        Editing a comment
        No HDR support, that is bad.

Current Android Version for the x88king.

Comment

• mo123
        mo123 commented
        Editing a comment
        They better upgrade that old Android security, it's a hackers dream to break into something like that.

Agree the whole firmware stinks if by middle of Dec there is no firmware upgrade I will probably send it back to Amazon for a full refund - since its basically a dead weight right now.  My old android 4 box can play more apps than it currently can.

The one thing I did find out it can do is play Disney Plus through Chrome - although if you use any other browser it fails - im supposing you can do the same with Amazon prime and Netflix - but having to open a browser to get to these services doesn't make a lot of sense.

Again it comes with a version of kodi - but you have to do a trick with the calculator to get it to self install - find that rather strange.

Comment

Originally posted by greenstone View Post
        Agree the whole firmware stinks if by middle of Dec there is no firmware upgrade I will probably send it back to Amazon for a full refund - since its basically a dead weight right now.? My old android 4 box can play more apps than it currently can.

The one thing I did find out it can do is play Disney Plus through Chrome - although if you use any other browser it fails - im supposing you can do the same with Amazon prime and Netflix - but having to open a browser to get to these services doesn't make a lot of sense.

Again it comes with a version of kodi - but you have to do a trick with the calculator to get it to self install - find that rather strange.
        Just uninstall the ver. of Kodi and reinstall 18.5 from the Kodi web page.

Comment

raruba How did you get TWRP on the box and what firmware instructions did you use to replace the firmware when you were testing the gt-king rom?  Also did you ever get supersu to work?

Comment

Originally posted by greenstone View Post
            raruba How did you get TWRP on the box and what firmware instructions did you use to replace the firmware when you were testing the gt-king rom?? Also did you ever get supersu to work?
            twrp-9.0-w400-3.3.1-0-signed.zip...just google search it, Put TWRP on SD card and install from recovery. And no nothing has been able to ROOT the box...have tried everything. Don't try BeeLink GT King, nothing works, (USB's, remote, etc.) plus you lose your display on the front panel.

Comment

darkstar with Amlogic and Android PIE none of the standard ways to root a device will work using TWRP. Everything has to be done manually, either you decompile the stock firmware .IMG and manually insert the required root binaries into .IMG and then burn the .IMG file with PC, or you have to manually do a bunch of commands through adb to pull, edit, and then push the required root files into place.

Comment

Originally posted by RiCkLaR_atvX View Post
                darkstar with Amlogic and Android PIE none of the standard ways to root a device will work using TWRP. Everything has to be done manually, either you decompile the stock firmware .IMG and manually insert the required root binaries into .IMG and then burn the .IMG file with PC, or you have to manually do a bunch of commands through adb to pull, edit, and then push the required root files into place.
                Thanks, yeah because nothing I have tried has worked, thats for sure

Comment

Got a reply to my e-mail to the vendor of the box I bought said they would contact me in a few days after they have spoken with the manufacturer... lets see...

Comment

I tried reapplying the firmware using the burning tool, worked however same issues.  No Amazon prime, no disney plus, no world of tanks or hearthstone, no angry birds list goes on and on... Security issue with the box still exists as well.  No firmware upgrade available so far.

Going to give it two more weeks if this box still doesn't get an update will return it to Amazon.

Comment

After looking around and some moaning and bitching I got one of the vendors to actually put up a link to the box on their site.
                      But its still the older firmware with all the bugs.

Look for the x88-king listed below they have the firmware in a download folder.

Comment

Not sure you'all would be okay without L1 widevine, but I think the Ugoos am6 Would Be... money far Better Spent.
                        ~ just say'n.
                        Kris....don't forget my boxes! Okay?

Comment

Originally posted by ClarkKent View Post
                          Not sure you'all would be okay without L1 widevine, but I think the Ugoos am6 Would Be... money far Better Spent.
                          ~ just say'n.
                          Best money spent is on a device with S922X is the Odroid-N2, can flash a LineageOS firmware and then it is Android heaven for your TV, and of course CoreELEC has firmware especially made for the N2 if you'd rather have the best Kodi software for an Amlogic chipset. $80 Kit (not counting shipping/taxes) for the Odroid-N2/CoreELEC with 4GB ram.

~ just say'n

Comment

Originally posted by RiCkLaR_atvX View Post

Best money spent is on a device with S922X is the Odroid-N2, can flash a LineageOS firmware and then it is Android heaven for your TV, and of course CoreELEC has firmware especially made for the N2 if you'd rather have the best Kodi software for an Amlogic chipset. $80 Kit (not counting shipping/taxes) for the Odroid-N2/CoreELEC with 4GB ram.

~ just say'n
                            Yea , most probably be my next. I like the polished work from ugoss when staying with stb format. But "horsepower" without software quality is the shits, read: rk3399 w/ crap-hack 7.1. Most of these folks here know far more than me, and would be better serve by any one of the leading SBCs.
                            I haven't heard a complaint, yet, from a N2 owner...granted!

​​​
                            Kris....don't forget my boxes! Okay?

Comment

Working...
                            X