No announcement yet.

Spotted in the wild: x88 King x922

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

raruba Google play store doesn't seem to recognize the device so I tried to register it using a weblink I found for registering devices that are using custom roms and so on but it didn't give me any results. (I have cleared cache/storage used a new gmail account - nothing worked still unable to get many games and apps.)

So I figured it was time for alternatives - I tried aptoide but most of the time apps failed to run as well. APK mirror gave me some success with getting a few apps but mostly failed on games,

I then downloaded the amazon app store to my phone, and copied over the apk to the box, I am able to install without issues from it.

So far. So finally have a workaround for the game issue until they fix the playstore.

Comment

Originally posted by greenstone View Post
      raruba Google play store doesn't seem to recognize the device so I tried to register it using a weblink I found for registering devices that are using custom roms and so on but it didn't give me any results. (I have cleared cache/storage used a new gmail account - nothing worked still unable to get many games and apps.)

So I figured it was time for alternatives - I tried aptoide but most of the time apps failed to run as well. APK mirror gave me some success with getting a few apps but mostly failed on games,

I then downloaded the amazon app store to my phone, and copied over the apk to the box, I am able to install without issues from it.

So far. So finally have a workaround for the game issue until they fix the playstore.
      Wow, good for you, if your willing to research things there's always a way to get around things in these boxes.Glad to hear u got it working. Hopefully they come out with new ROM soon, I must say though mine is running real good.

Comment

There's a new update for the box, just updated mine....just wanted to let you know. 2019/12/11

Comment

Hi all. I bricked my device trying to make tasker see notifications. I'd installed the firmware from https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%...126D253EA3A2B2 (Wechipbox) and fails at 86% with computer metod. With sdcard dont work. Any way to bring it to life again or someone can link me a verified firmware that works?

Comment

Juasser If you have the x88 king box (make sure) then earlier in the series of posts I linked the rom I found on a russian web forum, and I also found the wechipbox rom. Both were the same when I downloaded them.

First make sure you have a complete download of the rom, then try the procedure again also before you do that make sure the cable you are using is not giving you problems. If anything switch to another cable.

Comment

As far as google play its still giving me massive issues with getting apps from it. Not sure why I reset the cache / clear the memory on play store and framework and services, even installed newer versions of each, created a new e-mail account just for the box too and still not working properly nothing I have done as made it fully recognize the box.

Comment

Juasser If you have the x88 king box (make sure) then earlier in the series of posts I linked the rom I found on a russian web forum, and I also found the wechipbox rom. Both were the same when I downloaded them.

First make sure you have a complete download of the rom, then try the procedure again also before you do that make sure the cable you are using is not giving you problems. If anything switch to another cable.
                Thanks for the help. This is what i tried and give me problems so its no valid firmware. I'd tried with 2 usb cables too with the same result so this firmware its no valid. I'd ask to the vendor for a valid firmware and Im waiting for a reply. Can someone make a .img of his firmware and upload? Searching ill found tools to do this, but my device is brick.

Comment

Juasser Here are the two links I have both seem to work and both give me the same size file.

Wechip:
                  Store photos and docs online. Access them from any PC, Mac or phone. Create and work together on Word, Excel or PowerPoint documents.

x88king_20191031_r1.img 1.67 GB - Oct 31

AndroidPC:

x88king_S922x_20191031_r1_AndroidPC.zip
                  964.7 MB

Download them directly to your PC - NOT a flash usb drive during the initial download since if you get lag or get a problem with the transfer the flash drive might add errors to the file. Once you have the complete file on you pc hard drive then copy to wherever you want. However if you continue to have the problem with burning something on that PC if you have another laptop or whatever then try that.

This link explains the amlogic burning tool - you can download the newest version of the tool from the forums:
                  Best free data recovery software:https://bit.ly/3ivHRr2Here we have a fully revised and updated tutorial for recovering Am-logic android TV boxes using Amlog...

Comment

I haven't been able to find a working notification addon either...

Comment

Juasser Here are the two links I have both seem to work and both give me the same size file.

Wechip:
                      Store photos and docs online. Access them from any PC, Mac or phone. Create and work together on Word, Excel or PowerPoint documents.

x88king_20191031_r1.img 1.67 GB - Oct 31

AndroidPC:

x88king_S922x_20191031_r1_AndroidPC.zip
                      964.7 MB

Download them directly to your PC - NOT a flash usb drive during the initial download since if you get lag or get a problem with the transfer the flash drive might add errors to the file. Once you have the complete file on you pc hard drive then copy to wherever you want. However if you continue to have the problem with burning something on that PC if you have another laptop or whatever then try that.

This link explains the amlogic burning tool - you can download the newest version of the tool from the forums:
                      Best free data recovery software:https://bit.ly/3ivHRr2Here we have a fully revised and updated tutorial for recovering Am-logic android TV boxes using Amlog...
                      Thanks again. Finally with AndroidPC firmware i can bring it to life.

For notifications access seems be a common trouble with android boxes and Android 9

Comment

I haven't been able to find a working notification addon either...
                        I was trying:
                        adb shell cmd notification allow_listener com.mypackage.app/com.mypackage.app.mylistener found in this post with tasker, but no luck, maybe I was doing something wrong...

Comment

Originally posted by raruba View Post

Anybody know how I might go about rooting this BOX....the dam firmware isn't rooted and I can't find the stock firmware anywhere. I was able to get TWRP installed on it.
                          Can U explain the procedure and link to valid TWRP? Im interested to see if sytemizer module from magisk can set any notification access app works.

Comment

Juasser and raruba Any chance you two can upload your build.prop files I want to see what is different from the machine I have compared to your own.

My playstore keeps failing and I can not get it to work properly since it doesn't recognize my device.
                            However if I get the build.prop of a box that has a working playstore (not getting incompatible issues with things like hearthstone) then I can probably fix the issue.

Comment

My playstore fails too. Maybe if we can install and make work Magisk we can use addons like this to repair playstore.
                              [Magisk][Module] Play Store Visa - Get your device certified with custom ROMs Magisk

Comment

Juasser I think you hit the nail on the head I read through that and it explains that there is an authority called SafetyNet that Google uses to get certified status on the devices, if the fingerprint of the device is not in the list, or if it is using xposed or any root it may not give it a pass which in turn would cause playstore to fail.

So as a test I will turn off root and redo my clean cache on the Gapps and try to see if that fixes the playstore.

If not then the next step would be to contact my vendor and see if they can address the issue of the fingerprint registration to the manufacturer.
                                Since we know what the issue specifically meaning the device has not been registered and certified as safe.

Magisk is another solution but from what I read that module requires a valid fingerprint that would work with our boxes and I do not know if there are any, maybe the beelink gt king fingerprint would but basically we would be spoofing our box to become a beelink gtking just for playstore.

Basically it needs to be play protect certified.

This is the video explaination of everything I have tried except for the magisk module fix.

Auf YouTube findest du die angesagtesten Videos und Tracks. Außerdem kannst du eigene Inhalte hochladen und mit Freunden oder gleich der ganzen Welt teilen.
                                Last edited by greenstone; 12-19-2019, 14:54.

Comment

Working...
                                X