Spotted in the wild: x88 King x922

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Porkie View Post

You shoud've actually read my post, cause I said to change the ro.config.low_ram to false, not high_ram. Change the low_ram to false and it will bring back all of your special settings, and it does not break anything at all
    Thank You.

To clarify I did read your post, but I had made those changes before you posted anything - I had found a forum discussing Android Go settings and it was explaining those two variables/settings. When I made the changes the error happened. In any case I appreciate your trying to help me. Again it happened before you posted.

BTW here are more settings from that same article which says make android go work better:

ro.lmk.critical_upgrade=true
    ro.lmk.upgrade_pressure=40
    ro.lmk.downgrade_pressure=60
    ro.lmk.kill_heaviest_task=false
    pm.dexopt.downgrade_after_inactive_days=10
    pm.dexopt.shared=quicken
    dalvik.vm.systemservercompilerfilter=speed-profile
    dalvik.vm.heapgrowthlimit=128m.

I basically looked for them in our build.prop but they are not active in it so we don't have to remove them and the dalvik settings are already different.

Last edited by greenstone; 01-14-2020, 06:38.

Comment

Things I have noticed with the stock firmware - bugs I am trying to tweak:

1. Google Play - still not working.
      2. When using ES file explorer, total commander, file browser - sometimes you come across an issue with not being able to write to the system/vendor directories even though you have root.
      Normally I reboot when this occurs and it goes away but its almost like its losing the rights to storage. I have tried toggling it on a per app basis but it doesn't always work. And the older android setting where you could specify a specific directory for these apps to have access to doesn't seem to pop up.
      3. Sometimes open recent apps seems to freeze and fail to show anything even though I opened a few apps, again a reboot or cache clearing seems to fix that.
      4. Disney+ and HBOGo both seem to have the same issue with sound forcing me to toggle the sound setting when I first start the machine and the apps.
      5. I have updated the busybox using the app on the playstore without issue but noticed that certain apps won't update at all, for example a new version of cartoon network was available but when I upgraded it just wouldn't recognize the app - it would run from app settings but no icon would be created and it would crash if I tried to login with my provider.

Comment

You're not using ES File Explorer correctly. Click on 'root explorer' then 'mount r/w' then simply mount the folder to r/w. It will give you 2 choices, r/o and r/w, choose r/w because it lets you read and write files. R/O is for read only, which is why you are having problems. If you do not change any folder to r/w that is maked as r/o in ES File Explorer, you wll get errors when you try to add, delete or edit files within that folder. For example, if your system folder is marked r/o, you have to change it to r/w under the root explorer inside of ES File Exporer before you can make changes to the system folder. So when you click on root explorer and mount r/w, it will give you all the firmware directories like '/' 'system' 'vendor' etc, and just switch them to r/w, and you won't have the problem again.

Comment

Originally posted by Porkie View Post
          You're not using ES File Explorer correctly. Click on 'root explorer' then 'mount r/w' then simply mount the folder to r/w. It will give you 2 choices, r/o and r/w, choose r/w because it lets you read and write files. R/O is for read only, which is why you are having problems. If you do not change any folder to r/w that is maked as r/o in ES File Explorer, you wll get errors when you try to add, delete or edit files within that folder. For example, if your system folder is marked r/o, you have to change it to r/w under the root explorer inside of ES File Exporer before you can make changes to the system folder. So when you click on root explorer and mount r/w, it will give you all the firmware directories like '/' 'system' 'vendor' etc, and just switch them to r/w, and you won't have the problem again.
          Good to know. Thanks.

Comment

From another site I am following I read that another firmware update will be happening soon - I am wondering what they will be fixing - maybe its something we aren't aware of yet.

EDIT: Just checked new update to the firmware was released today. So do you your download.

X88King_20200113-1030
            Last edited by greenstone; 01-14-2020, 21:12.

Comment

at the beginning I apologize for my language but I use a translator does Netflix support max 480p due to lack of security?

PS I follow the topic from the beginning and I look forward to maybe some new ROM greenstone have you been to this site? https://forum.armbian.com/topic/1200...x-for-armbian/

Comment

No never been there sorry I am doing the Antutu 8.1.9 test again with the new update - the changes to my build.prop reverted so gives me a clean slate to see what the score will be - then I will paste in my changes to see if it improves.

Hmm came out a bit lower than my previous one 118989 but still near the original score.

Comment

OK just finished the Antutu test with my build.prop edits look like its giving me a higher score now, 120617.

Also with the addition of the navbar addon + head's up notifications basically I have the two things that seemed to be missing from this device.
                  NavBar:
                  https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...v.bar&hl=en_US

Head's Up Notifications:
                  https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...tions&hl=en_US

Added my edited vendor.build.prop (Remember to rename to build.prop and place in vendor directory.)
                  Attached Files
                  You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by artpaw View Post
                    at the beginning I apologize for my language but I use a translator does Netflix support max 480p due to lack of security?
                    Not sure of Netflix since I do not have an active account at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by greenstone View Post
                      No never been there sorry I am doing the Antutu 8.1.9 test again with the new update - the changes to my build.prop reverted so gives me a clean slate to see what the score will be - then I will paste in my changes to see if it improves.

Hmm came out a bit lower than my previous one 118989 but still near the original score.
                      Just installed new firmware...Antutu went from 118957 to 119818.....not a whole lot of improvement but it did go UP.....thats great

Comment

OK just finished the Antutu test with my build.prop edits look like its giving me a higher score now, 120617.

Also with the addition of the navbar addon + head's up notifications basically I have the two things that seemed to be missing from this device.
                        NavBar:
                        https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...v.bar&hl=en_US

Head's Up Notifications:
                        https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...tions&hl=en_US

Added my edited vendor.build.prop (Remember to rename to build.prop and place in vendor directory.)
                        Your heads up notification, can you clear it?

Comment

Originally posted by raruba View Post

Your heads up notification, can you clear it?
                          Yes you can configure it so you can hit the X and close the window - otherwise you would have to swipe at it to close it which is hard to do with a mouse/keypad combo - just enable the close button.

BTW I found a copy of the update on a russian forum: (Don't think its a full image just the update. If you go to the OTA update app and hit the up arrow you get the ability to select a drive you might be able to use this file with that.)

https://ete365-my.sharepoint.com/:u:...N9Wbw?e=k2vtf6
                          Last edited by greenstone; 01-15-2020, 00:46.

Comment

Has anybody tried Coreelec with this box?

I'd be interested to know whether an existing DTB will allow the box to work with CE.
                            R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Yes you can configure it so you can hit the X and close the window - otherwise you would have to swipe at it to close it which is hard to do with a mouse/keypad combo - just enable the close button.

BTW I found a copy of the update on a russian forum: (Don't think its a full image just the update. If you go to the OTA update app and hit the up arrow you get the ability to select a drive you might be able to use this file with that.)

https://ete365-my.sharepoint.com/:u:...N9Wbw?e=k2vtf6
                              Yeah thats the same one for the auto update, and your right thats an OTA update(good to have, Thanks)....just put it on an SD Card.
                              Do you gotta have your build.prop installed for heads-up to work?

Comment

Originally posted by raruba View Post

Yeah thats the same one for the auto update, and your right thats an OTA update(good to have, Thanks)....just put it on an SD Card.
                                Do you gotta have your build.prop installed for heads-up to work?
                                You don't have to use my build.prop, but yes it needs to be edited, you can edit the one already in the vendor directory and change:

ro.config.low_ram=true

to

ro.config.low_ram=false

Reboot after you double check everything, also make sure you keep a copy of the original if you are going to add more changes.

This will allow you to activate notifications like normal.

The reason why I posted my build.prop is that I also added some other tweaks like changing the way previous apps are presented in a grid rather than a rolodex.

Comment

Working...
                                X