Spotted in the wild: x88 King x922

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Juasser View Post
    Hey Juasser, THANKS.....will give it try when I get a chance, tomorrow I hope. Looks like its got license and all in it.

Comment

Originally posted by greenstone View Post

Not sure.
      I am learning a lot right now and my experience is more about being able to get games/video streaming working properly.
      I have seen a forum where they are working on getting Coreelec working when I did a google search.
      I suppose they are probably building a version of it that won't overwrite the box but will run off a sdcard.
      You gonna try the Russian patch????

Comment

Originally posted by raruba View Post

You gonna try the Russian patch????
        Isn't that patch specifically for his version of the rom he made for the box?
        I tried his rom and it was all in Russian - when I switched the OS to English - the notifications still came up in Russian, and I lost the time on the front of the box. With the changes we made to the build.prop the only thing we have that is broken is still the gapps, I think its not worth switching to his rom if there is a loss of functionality.

Comment

I tried his rom and it was all in Russian - when I switched the OS to English - the notifications still came up in Russian, and I lost the time on the front of the box. With the changes we made to the build.prop the only thing we have that is broken is still the gapps, I think its not worth switching to his rom if there is a loss of functionality.
          Yes its for the Sasvlad ROM. Some apps are in russian but hoy get better play store with more apps Andrés navigation and notificatiins bar

Comment

I tried his rom and it was all in Russian - when I switched the OS to English - the notifications still came up in Russian, and I lost the time on the front of the box.
            With the changes we made to the build.prop the only thing we have that is broken is still the gapps, I think its not worth switching to his rom if there is a loss of functionality.
            Isn't it super funny that you were rude to me when I tried to suggest how to fix the clock, and said 'I do not care about the clock', and you even ran and told a moderator simply because I said there was no reason to be rude?Since then you have mentioned the clock, so you must care that it does not work. You even asked how to fix the clock after being rude when I suggested a fix. Maybe take this as a lesson to not be rude with people that are trying to help.

As for his custom ROM, he purposely made the language half and half, cause he wanted donations. He only made the ROM after tellng people he would make it if he got a certan amount of donatons, then said the same thing when peope asked him to fix the language. The half Russiian language is an easy fix, but he uses the fact that people need help to make money. He reminds me of those people that make custom ROMS but then say they will only release it if a bounty gets paid. The people making Iphone jailbreaks have made millions doing that, cause they will show videos of it working, then say they will only release it when they get a certain amount of donations. I guess its fair, but that really is why the language is messed up, cause he wanted paid to fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by Juasser View Post

Yes its for the Sasvlad ROM. Some apps are in russian but hoy get better play store with more apps Andrés navigation and notificatiins bar
              Yeah I won't be trying it unless he makes a complete english version and the front panel isn't broken. I was able to get a navbar working for the current rom and notifications and the shade coming down I can do as well so the only thing that is missing is the working gapps... wonder how he pulled that off...

Comment

Originally posted by Porkie View Post

Isn't it super funny that you were rude to me when I tried to suggest how to fix the clock, and said 'I do not care about the clock', and you even ran and told a moderator simply because I said there was no reason to be rude?Since then you have mentioned the clock, so you must care that it does not work. You even asked how to fix the clock after being rude when I suggested a fix. Maybe take this as a lesson to not be rude with people that are trying to help.

As for his custom ROM, he purposely made the language half and half, cause he wanted donations. He only made the ROM after tellng people he would make it if he got a certan amount of donatons, then said the same thing when peope asked him to fix the language. The half Russiian language is an easy fix, but he uses the fact that people need help to make money. He reminds me of those people that make custom ROMS but then say they will only release it if a bounty gets paid. The people making Iphone jailbreaks have made millions doing that, cause they will show videos of it working, then say they will only release it when they get a certain amount of donations. I guess its fair, but that really is why the language is messed up, cause he wanted paid to fix it.
                Porkie I was never rude to you, you misunderstood everything about that, I was concerned about a different subject at the time and you interjected something and I just responded I wasn't interested in it. You understood it as me being rude. You then insulted me in multiple responses and when someone insults me on a forum I will go to administrators and have them deal with it. Anyway lets drop the subject since I had thought we had moved along basically you will never win this argument you have in your head so why bring it up again.

As far as the Russian Rom Juasser and raruba I think the author is using a beelink firmware that he modded but not sure, from what I gather they were still having trouble with IPTV rebooting until recently. So that is why they wanted the new firmware patch to replace the one in Sasvlad rom.

Comment

Yeah I won't be trying it unless he makes a complete english version and the front panel isn't broken. I was able to get a navbar working for the current rom and notifications and the shade coming down I can do as well so the only thing that is missing is the working gapps... wonder how he pulled that off...

I already won. I won the second you ran to tell a moderator. The won again when you complained about the clock not working after saying you did not care about it.

I would not use his ROM either. I am not even using the box till we can get a stable ROM.Theres really only 2 possible ways to fix this box, either the manufacture releases firmware with fixes, or thhey release the kernel source. The good thing is they seem to be at least trying to improve the firmware, so maybe they will get everything fixed. The GT King had the same exact problems for over 6 months.The GT King also had no bars, notification access etc for a long time, till they finally fixed it.

Comment

Use Official TWRP App_v1.21 to install. ....unzip TWRP 9.0-w400-3.3.1-0-signed.zip and use the recovery.img file from it. Flash the recovery.img file with Official TWRP App_v1.21.apk then install Power Menu_v1.6.apk to reboot in recovery. Hope that makes since.

Since your ROOTED you will be able to use Official TWRP App_v1.21.apk to flash the img file from the zip.
                    I tried this and the box locked up had to reinstall everything.
                    I will try it again over the weekend. Right now the box is giving me 120K antutu scores so I am happy with it.

Found a app that lets me tweak some settings called L-Speed on upanddown app store works well.

This is the announcement thread for L Speed stable versions. Main usage of it is checking release notes(changelog per release).

Comment

From what I'm reading its a PATCH for the new stock X88-King firmware. read from page 20 to page 22 http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=971547&st=400

Comment

From what I'm reading its a PATCH for the new stock X88-King firmware. read from page 20 to page 22 http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=971547&st=400
                        Well from the google translate I can only pickup that some of them are using the original firmware and are still having the google play problem. So there is no simple solution yet. I have been trying to use the aurora playstore which claims it can spoof another device and get apps that are missing from the google playstore but its not listing everything either. I have been relying on four different playstores, aurora, upanddown,.aptoide, amazon other than google playstore. I also have fdroid. Still not happy I have to go through all these loops.

I have been trying to find a good configuration app that lets me use my bluetooth controller with games that are meant to be played on a phone screen, so far only have found octopus app that works - still trying to figure it out. There are a few others that claim to work but they seem not to work properly on the box.

Comment

I connected the pad from psx3 after apk Sixaxis enabler. It worked rather well

Comment

Well from the google translate I can only pickup that some of them are using the original firmware and are still having the google play problem. So there is no simple solution yet. I have been trying to use the aurora playstore which claims it can spoof another device and get apps that are missing from the google playstore but its not listing everything either. I have been relying on four different playstores, aurora, upanddown,.aptoide, amazon other than google playstore. I also have fdroid. Still not happy I have to go through all these loops.

I have been trying to find a good configuration app that lets me use my bluetooth controller with games that are meant to be played on a phone screen, so far only have found octopus app that works - still trying to figure it out. There are a few others that claim to work but they seem not to work properly on the box.
                            Yeah I agree, hopefully the Chinese will figure it out and have another update.....because it does seem the Russians are having the same problems after installing Sasvlad's kernel on the newest Chinese firmware.

Comment

Yeah I agree, hopefully the Chinese will figure it out and have another update.....because it does seem the Russians are having the same problems after installing Sasvlad's kernel on the newest Chinese firmware.
                              They might get it fixed, but it will likely take a while. Since Android 6 these boxes have had lots of problems. Even the well supported boxes sometimes have lots of trouble. the GT King is the most supported s922x box around, and it took around 6 months to fix it. You just never know with these Chinese boxes, cause some never get fixed and always have problems. I am not surprised this box has problems, I am surprised it has not gained much attention. There seems to be very little interest in the X88 King, which could spell doom for it ever getting fixed. If they do not sell enough then they will lose interest and stop trying to fix the problems it has.

Comment

Originally posted by Porkie View Post

They might get it fixed, but it will likely take a while. Since Android 6 these boxes have had lots of problems. Even the well supported boxes sometimes have lots of trouble. the GT King is the most supported s922x box around, and it took around 6 months to fix it. You just never know with these Chinese boxes, cause some never get fixed and always have problems. I am not surprised this box has problems, I am surprised it has not gained much attention. There seems to be very little interest in the X88 King, which could spell doom for it ever getting fixed. If they do not sell enough then they will lose interest and stop trying to fix the problems it has.
                                I know. I have the X88 King and the BeeLink GT-King, and I will tell you I think the X88 King have it all over the GT-King. And yeah wish someone would put as much effort in the X88 King as they are on the BeeLink GT- King.....the Antutu is much higher on the X88,...at least mine it is, and it has twice the memory. At least the X88 firmware has been updated 4 times OTA.....thats a good start.

Comment

Working...
                                X