Spotted in the wild: x88 King x922

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by raruba View Post

I know. I have the X88 King and the BeeLink GT-King, and I will tell you I think the X88 King have it all over the GT-King. And yeah wish someone would put as much effort in the X88 King as they are on the BeeLink GT- King.....the Antutu is much higher on the X88,...at least mine it is, and it has twice the memory. At least the X88 firmware has been updated 4 times OTA.....thats a good start.
    It does not really matter how many developers get invovlved, cause without the kernel source the real problems will remain. There is only 2 options, either get the kernel source, or wait for the fix in an update. Neither seems likely. You can see the difference in how fixes go based on popularity, cause if a box sells well the makers will put more effort into it, but if it doesn't they just won't put much effort into it. The lack of interest in this box is a very bad sign, and we will be very lucky if this box ever gets fixed. Hopefully it gets fixed, but I would not count on it. I will wait a few months, and if its not fixed I am just gonna turn it into a retro game machine.

Comment

Originally posted by Porkie View Post

It does not really matter how many developers get invovlved, cause without the kernel source the real problems will remain. There is only 2 options, either get the kernel source, or wait for the fix in an update. Neither seems likely. You can see the difference in how fixes go based on popularity, cause if a box sells well the makers will put more effort into it, but if it doesn't they just won't put much effort into it. The lack of interest in this box is a very bad sign, and we will be very lucky if this box ever gets fixed. Hopefully it gets fixed, but I would not count on it. I will wait a few months, and if its not fixed I am just gonna turn it into a retro game machine.
      Yeah I hear ya. Well the Russians seem to be working on it pretty regularly, (already made a kernel for it) and hopefully they can fix it....mine is running really good but I only use it for movies and TV shows....never ever had it to reboot yet.

Comment

Originally posted by raruba View Post

Yeah I hear ya. Well the Russians seem to be working on it pretty regularly, (already made a kernel for it) and hopefully they can fix it....mine is running really good but I only use it for movies and TV shows....never ever had it to reboot yet.
        Of course there is a custom kernel, but that means nothing. There is still no access to the stock kernel source which means there is no way to fix the kernel or replace drivers etc. For example, if we had access to the kernel source we could make a kernel to use a GT King rom that has working USB ports. Like I said, the only way to fix this is for the makers of the software to fix it or for them to relaese the kernel source. So it will either get fixed through an update, by getting hekernel source, or not get fixed at all. The least likely outcome is getting the kernel source, which leaves getting fixed by an update or not getting fixed at all, and I am starting to think that the likely outcome is not getting the X88 King fixed at all. It sucks to say, but that has been the outcome of many of these Chinese boxes. I said in an earlier post that the X88 King is the second box I bought in a year that is basically useless, and one of those boxes I have had for 8 months and it still has not been fixed to where it is totally usable. The last box I personally bought that everything work on is the X96 Max, and that is the box I use. I have several android boxes that I bought and never used because they never got a usable firmware update. Shit I still have a very old Mediatek dongle running Froyo that has never been used, cause the firmware never got fixed. There is nothing that can be done to fix this box unless the makers of the box fix it, or they release the kernel source.

Comment

• mo123
          mo123 commented
          Editing a comment
          The kernel source won't help with anything. You need the whole Android SDK that is over 100GB. Even that will have problems if the manufacturer doesn't update it on a monthly basis to include all of Amlogic's fixes for the S922x chipset.

Originally posted by Porkie View Post

Of course there is a custom kernel, but that means nothing. There is still no access to the stock kernel source which means there is no way to fix the kernel or replace drivers etc. For example, if we had access to the kernel source we could make a kernel to use a GT King rom that has working USB ports. Like I said, the only way to fix this is for the makers of the software to fix it or for them to relaese the kernel source. So it will either get fixed through an update, by getting hekernel source, or not get fixed at all. The least likely outcome is getting the kernel source, which leaves getting fixed by an update or not getting fixed at all, and I am starting to think that the likely outcome is not getting the X88 King fixed at all. It sucks to say, but that has been the outcome of many of these Chinese boxes. I said in an earlier post that the X88 King is the second box I bought in a year that is basically useless, and one of those boxes I have had for 8 months and it still has not been fixed to where it is totally usable. The last box I personally bought that everything work on is the X96 Max, and that is the box I use. I have several android boxes that I bought and never used because they never got a usable firmware update. Shit I still have a very old Mediatek dongle running Froyo that has never been used, cause the firmware never got fixed. There is nothing that can be done to fix this box unless the makers of the box fix it, or they release the kernel source.
        Well the X96 is not fixed, it doesn't even update Google Play Store, unless u use lucky patcher.

Comment

Hmm I am having the same problem a lot of people are having with Disney+ basically the first time you turn on the box and try to use Disney+ for the day no audio will come out if you don't go to the audio settings and toggle them manually. I have tried a bunch of combinations just to get it to work without having to toggle but nothing seems to fix it. Even added a line about audio output to the build.prop but still the problem persists.

Its just a hassle to have to toggle the audio every time I restart the box and want to use Disney+ or Hbo go (since it has the same problem) - wondering if anyone has found a fix for it.

Comment

So I got a nice notification app that works better now than the previous one I was using its called "bottom quick settings, notification customization."

Basically it lets me see the notifications just like a phone and can even turn on a bar if I want one. Gives me little app buttons that can toggle different settings too. I did try a few others like power shade and pop up notifications but they wouldn't work right. Every time I opened power shade it would move positions which annoyed me and there was not setting to fixate it that I could find, and the pop up notifications app was missing notifications. So after a while I settled on this one. It also shows persistant notifications if you want it but you can turn that off.

I also got octopus to work for me for my bluetooth controller takes a bit to configure non-controller games but it can be done.

Here are some screen shots:
            You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 3 photos.

Comment

So still trying to get the google play to work properly - trying to spoof the box while using magisk.

So I downloaded the Canary Magisk Manager, and created a Magisk Recovery.img file.
              Then I booted the box into recovery mode with the magisk recovery in my sdcard.

The first thing I noticed is that root is given through Magisk, when I check the Safteynet it tells me the device failed, like always.
              I tried to spoof the device to another device using the Magisk hide module but it did not work, Safteynet still failed.

Since I did not upload/patch with anything I didn't have to rebuild the box from scratch this time.
              This is a easy way to test different spoof build.prop values without rebuilding everything each time.

Comment

WOW, this forum went DEAD....nothing really to talk about, I guess...lol

Comment

Hi.

Please help me.

I just bought a x88 king but the remote control is not working as it should, and sometimes not at all.

What to do?

Comment

Originally posted by Eric35 View Post
                    Hi.

Please help me.

I just bought a x88 king but the remote control is not working as it should, and sometimes not at all.

What to do?
                    It works much better with a wireless mouse anyway. Try it
                    Last edited by raruba; 02-17-2020, 14:14.

Comment

it looks like the topic has died

Comment

Originally posted by artpaw View Post
                        it looks like the topic has died
                        Yeah I agree.....the new firmware is running real good for me....everything is running good

Comment

I think some updates have come to me. Playdalej store does not work as it should be and actually it is even worse. What is the latest version of the update?

level of security is still Widevine L3 and thus the lack of many applications in google play min NETFLIX
                          Last edited by artpaw; 02-28-2020, 21:07.

Comment

Originally posted by artpaw View Post
                            I think some updates have come to me. Playdalej store does not work as it should be and actually it is even worse. What is the latest version of the update?

level of security is still Widevine L3 and thus the lack of many applications in google play min NETFLIX
                            01_13_2020 is the newest and yeah google play store is still old does not update but you can use Lucky Patcher to update it

Comment

I installed the lucky patcher but I don't know what to do next? could you explain it to me somehow?

someone will tell you how to do it? https://www.google.com/android/uncertified/

I tried to embrace this Google Play update myself but it turned out that only 13% did it and I still can't update netflix, Kodi etc.
                              Last edited by artpaw; 02-29-2020, 22:31.

Comment

Working...
                              X