No announcement yet.

Spotted in the wild: x88 King x922

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its all from the same ripoff manufacturer, they all have Calculator codes for debug "?214" can it open the debug app?

Comment

Originally posted by raruba View Post

OK thanks XVortex, so you will not be able to tell if the box is ON of OFF?.....wow
      Who cares whether it's on or off? Can't imagine a single reason to turn it off at all

Comment

Originally posted by Patkino View Post

Who cares whether it's on or off? Can't imagine a single reason to turn it off at all
        Maybe to save some power?, maybe to keep it from doing updates while you play online?

Comment

Originally posted by Silver View Post

Maybe to save some power?, maybe to keep it from doing updates while you play online?
          Agree, never so TRUE

Comment

Well guys, if you're so hungry for megabytes and amperage - attach a USB led light)

Comment

Well guys, if you're so hungry for megabytes and amperage - attach a USB led light)
              correct :-). I´ve using Xvortex firmware for a while now and its really NEARLY perfect as dayly driver ! Thanks ! NO VFD Display is something we could tolerate ;-).
              This Box is now no longer useless. Firmware from manufacturer was terrible in my eyes !

If someone could "extract" a dtb,img to enable e.g. booting Armbian (including USB support...it´s already booting with Odroid N2 DTB, but WITHOUT USB support), then the Box will be "perfect" at Linux too !.

Coreelec does boot and run with HDMI-CEC support, but also NO USB (and no manufacturer remote control support)....also using Odroid N2 DTB to boot it...no special X88 King DTB which could enable USB (in Linux) too.

Anything else...on Android ALTERNATIVE Firmware is working so far...and I could really recoomend to give it a try !

Comment

Looks like coreelec team guys made the working dtb

Comment

Looks like coreelec team guys made the working dtb
                  really ? where did you get this information ?
                  I´ve followed the posting at https://discourse.coreelec.org/t/s922x-x88-king/7633/46

they had (intemidiate) a dtb where usb working, but Ethernet did no longer working....

sad part,in my case usb working would be enough for me :-) .but there were no link to the intermideate dtb.. I would add a usb 3.0 Hub and GB Lan adapter rather than having NONE Usb Port available but onboard ethernet....onboard ethernet can be replaced easy...no usb means no external devices like remotes,keyboard,mouse or something else :-(.

So I keep my fingers crossed they will go on....

Comment

Originally posted by arel View Post
                    I would add a usb 3.0 Hub and GB Lan adapter rather

That's exactly what's happening with their current dtb right now. I'm sure they'll figure it out in a couple hours

Comment

So what is the best custom firmware in your opinion? I might give it a try

Comment

I see the Russian have many, x88king_pie9-Sasvlad firmware_vtx_v1, x88king_atv9-SuperCeleron firmware_vtx_v3, x88king_atv9-Sasvlad firmware_vtx_v1, x88king_atv9-Alvatech firmware_vtx_v2, x88king_pie9_vtx_v1.1, and x88king_atv9_vtx_v1.1.

Comment

Originally posted by raruba View Post

So what is the best custom firmware in your opinion? I might give it a try
                          Ones, based on Superceleron. As well as in their author's opinion

Comment

Ones, based on Superceleron. As well as in their author's opinion
                            custom roms not always better, if base code is shit custom rom cant fix the bugs

Comment

that's why I use the base code from SuperCeleron (gt-king). So my custom ROM definitely fix the bugs

Comment

XVortex maybe Silver dont have that device i just make order for one

Comment

Working...
                                X