Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by miziou View Post

Thanks for the reply!

USB Burning Tool use is clear, but would it work to flash this rom via Burn Card Maker?

Situation is I don't have physical access to the box and I would like to help a friend flashing his box for the very first time.
    Yesterday we wanted to go with the procedure over the phone, but he didn't have a male-male usb cable, so I thought I'd ask here about Burn Card Maker and guide him with the process
    My gut tells me to go only with USB Burning Tool, but now I just wanted to know out of curiosity

Cheers!
    Well I don't know, never used the Burn card maker for this box....sorry

Comment

Originally posted by miziou View Post
      ... USB Burning Tool use is clear, but would it work to flash this rom via Burn Card Maker? ...
      It should work, but if the Burn Card Maker method fails, you will need to get usb cable and use USB Burning Tool anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by mAtvXk View Post
        It should work, but if the Burn Card Maker method fails, you will need to get usb cable and use USB Burning Tool anyway.
        Thanks - I wouldn't even ask if it was my case, I'd just do it to find out - but guiding someone who has never done it before and could brick his box that I have no physical access to I wanted to double check.
        Cheers!

eidt: Of course, I mixed two versions of this rom - obviously I was to ask about 4.3 version which is in .img file.
        5.1 version is a .zip to be flashed via recovery.
        Last edited by miziou; 07-02-2020, 20:13.

Comment

good morning my kind, I need your help What is the exact order of uploading slimbox to x88 king ?
          I uploaded SLIMBOX-x88king_atv-UBT-ver4.3 via UBT and then enter TWRP, I upgraded to SLIMBOX-system-ATV-ver5.1 and then cleaned dalvik, cache and data. The system does not get up and enters TWRP after restart.

znajdzie si? kto? kto napisze krok po kroku ci i jak wgra?

Comment

Originally posted by artpaw View Post
            ... I uploaded SLIMBOX-x88king_atv-UBT-ver4.3 via UBT ..
            This is the latest "quoted" version of SlimBox FW for your box, ver. 5.1 is not (made yet) meant for x88 King. Reflash box with UBT as said in the flashing instructions.
            Last edited by Guest; 07-03-2020, 20:45.

Comment

This is the latest version of SlimBox FW for your box, ver. 5.1 is not meant for x88 Pro. Reflash box with UBT as said in the flashing instructions.
              Neither 5.1 or X88 pro was mentioned by artpaw, so I cannot fathom what he is meant to get from your response.

Having followed the thread over time, it is clear that what slimbox and other have done for this this is remarkable.

However, in terms of what artpaw is asking, I can very much empathise with what has is asking for because even with my experience I have found myself scratching my had at times when it comes to how to get the firmware installed because there is no clearly written, step by step guide on how it should be done. What we have is quite a mess really, so if somebody that owns a box with working firmware, I'm sure that a recipe style, ABC style guide will be of use for prospective users and make Freaktab an even more attractive place to come to for support. Win/Win.

R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post
                ...Neither 5.1 or X88 pro was mentioned by artpaw, so I cannot fathom what he is meant to get from your response...
                Sorry for typing error, i meant x88 King and mentioned (not made yet for that box) ver 5.1 image was installed wrongly by OP.

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post
                ...ABC style guide will be of use for prospective users...
                That was already posted #84 (YT video) in the SLIMBOX firmware thread, and on 4PDA you will find more information.

Comment

Anyone know why smart youtube can't change to english on Slimbox aosp v4.3?

I've changed all language settings I can find, edited the build.prop and found the settings in the app but when I select english and confirm, it restarts and goes right back to russian.

Comment

Uninstall old and install latest SmartYoutube app.

Comment

Yes, I did do that. I also tried the beta. Same.

I figured it out. If anyone else has this problem, you can change language on the very first screen with the pro, lite options etc. It stays english setting it there. Google translate helps lol.

Comment

Sorry for typing error, i meant x88 King and mentioned (not made yet for that box) ver 5.1 image was installed wrongly by OP.

That was already posted #84 (YT video) in the SLIMBOX firmware thread, and on 4PDA you will find more information.

I will not agree because the links lead to the general instructions and not to the specific X88 king model

Comment

...links lead to the general instructions and not to the specific X88 king model...
                          Flashing insrructions are basicly the same for all Amlogic devices and are no different for your device.
                          So what's bothering you ?

Comment

I don't mind, but I didn't find an entry for example that the slimbox 5.1 version is not for x88 king

Comment

I don't mind, but I didn't find an entry for example that the slimbox 5.1 version is not for x88 king
                              Doesn't matter the v5.1 does not run near as good as the v4.4, at least for me it doesn't

Comment

good morning my kind, I need your help What is the exact order of uploading slimbox to x88 king ?
                                I uploaded SLIMBOX-x88king_atv-UBT-ver4.3 via UBT and then enter TWRP, I upgraded to SLIMBOX-system-ATV-ver5.1 and then cleaned dalvik, cache and data. The system does not get up and enters TWRP after restart.

znajdzie si? kto? kto napisze krok po kroku ci i jak wgra?
                                I had the same issue. I had slimbox4.3 and updated to slimbox 5.1 from the TWRP that came with slimbox version 4.3. After update and cleaning cache and dalvik, system was restarting to TWRP every time.
                                to solve the issue I downloaded TWRP 3.3.1 and installed it. After install system rebooted to the rom...no more going to TWRP.
                                BTW, version 5.1 runs very good....no issues at all.

Comment

Working...
                                X