No announcement yet.

Spotted in the wild: x88 King x922

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UPDATE: ver 8 for the X88 King and X3 Boxes works very good, so far all apps work and the firmware is very fast....I have tried on H96 Max and the X96 Max+. GREAT work SlimBox.....and thanks.

Comment

Does anyone have the most current original rom for the x88 king?

I try to update over the air but its not working at all.
      Had to revert to the original rom.

original rom: x88king_20191031_r1.img
      updated rom: x88king_s922x_4d32_ap6256_x88king_20191211_r1.img

Anyone have the X88King_20200424-0910 updated firmware?

Comment

Wow, can't get to any of the SlimBox sites anymore....anybody know whats going on?

Comment

Small word fighting between slimbox and vortex due to using work of other.

Comment

Originally posted by raruba View Post
            ...can't get to any of the SlimBox sites anymore...
            Telegram: @SlimRomBot

Comment

Originally posted by greenstone View Post
              Does anyone have the most current original rom for the x88 king?

I try to update over the air but its not working at all.
              Had to revert to the original rom.

original rom: x88king_20191031_r1.img
              updated rom: x88king_s922x_4d32_ap6256_x88king_20191211_r1.img

Anyone have the X88King_20200424-0910 updated firmware?
              After rename of this file (delete of chinesse sign) is going install also from sd card maker this firmware X88King_20200711-1349:
              https://mega.nz/file/R2YERQzJ#u5UP0g...Ynopwt9PmIgZtg

Comment

So I have slimbox v8.3.2 installed now works fine, still not seen as secure by google play or safety.net but at least its picking up most of the games and apps now.
                Still can't install disney plus directly through google play but can always get it from other playstores.

Anyway I was seeing someone in another thread who was talking about getting safety.net and magisk to work.

So the instructions were:
                a. First remove SuperSU/SU - if there is one: go into TWRP - flash from TWRP the file: UPDATE-unSU-signed.zip - don't reboot.
                b. Next install with TWRP - the boot file: boot_Magisk.img - don't reboot.
                c. Next flash with TWRP - the file Magisk-v20.3.zip
                d. Reboot

From what I understand though we need to make the boot_magisk.img from a boot.img we get through TWRP.
                I think they mean a backup of the untouched boot.img and apply a magisk patch to it.
                The only version of TWRP I have is: TWRP_AML_SlimHouse_3.4.0_3 (it came up in russian.)
                Where do we get the patcher for boot_Magisk? (Magisk maanager?)

Ok did some youtube research and found to change twrp to english:

Explains how to change the language from chinese to english. Basically follow the links he touched and you can go set yours to english.
                Last edited by greenstone; 10-08-2020, 08:45.

Comment

Just tried version 9 of slimbox for pie and x88king - basically crashes on the load up screen for me - so going back to 8.3.2.

Comment

So the instructions were:
                    a. First remove SuperSU/SU - if there is one: go into TWRP - flash from TWRP the file: UPDATE-unSU-signed.zip - don't reboot.
                    b. Next install with TWRP - the boot file: boot_Magisk.img - don't reboot.
                    c. Next flash with TWRP - the file Magisk-v20.3.zip
                    d. Reboot

From what I understand though we need to make the boot_magisk.img from a boot.img we get through TWRP.
                    If starting with a TVbox that has ROOT or can turn ROOT "ON" -- then you install the Magisk Manager APK, then also to make things easy also install an old version of the official TWRP app (version 2.19 or older) this is to easily extract the boot.img

With TWRP.apk you allow all permissons and grant ROOT, then make a boot.img (backup), where the boot.img backup button is located the twrp-app auto types the name as recovery.img on the text-input-line, just be sure to type/rename it boot.img so you can easily find it in /sdcard/

I think they mean a backup of the untouched boot.img and apply a magisk patch to it.
                    The only version of TWRP I have is: TWRP_AML_SlimHouse_3.4.0_3 (it came up in russian.)
                    Where do we get the patcher for boot_Magisk? (Magisk maanager?)
                    Now that you have both apps installed and made the boot.img - you can open Magisk-Manager and click Magisk->INSTALL,
                    then Options -> NEXT
                    then Method -> SELECT and PATCH a FILE
                    here is where you will locate that backup of your original BOOT.img to Patch-It while you are in a running device and save it to the internal storage = /sdcard/
                    now you can Reboot to TWRP.recovery.img -and hopefully you are using TWRP.zip mounted from an Micro-SDcard
                    then proceed with origianl steps, with exception that you need the latest Magisk-v20.4.zip saved to your internal storage or saved to you Micro-SDcard
                    if Magisk.zip installs without ERRORs, then you WIPE cache and dalvik, then Reboot SYSTEM
                    check if you have ROOT installed with a ROOT checker app, you shouldn't because the ROOTED-boot.img is stored in Recovery-PARTITION
                    so can then remove microSDcard or usb that had the TWRP.zip from device,
                    then REBOOT to Recovery by going through a Terminal App by typing: reboot recovery --press enter
                    SYSTEM should reboot to a ROOTED-System with the ROOT-boot.img initializing and Magisk will be recognized as occupying the ROOT binary

Those are the basic Amlogic steps above, because SLIMBOX uses Ugoos Rom as the base it may be slightly different, like the initramfs may already be adjusted to receive an update to Magisk and the extra step to Reboot-Recovery may not be needed.

Comment

Just tried version 9 of slimbox for pie and x88king - basically crashes on the load up screen for me - so going back to 8.3.2.
                      Where did you find SlimBox 9.0 for X88 King???

Comment

Does anyone know which SlimBox X3 rom work on the T95Q Box??? Well really its X2 Rom.

Comment

I am using 8.3.2 slimbox now.

(I installed the wrong v9 due to a download location error they fixed it.)

The URL where I am getting the roms from is the project slimbox URL:

Below each picture is the correct download location now.
                          If it takes you the location and says old files then there isn't a new firmware for your box yet.

Comment

Here is another download link to the 8.3,2 version:

Comment

Found the problem why SlimBox X3 firmware won't load on X99 Max+, there are 2 different X99 Max+, one has the 100m internet sp6330 and the sp 6255....I got the sp6330 and slimbox firmware will not load on it....wish he could fix that because I LOVE his firmware.

Comment

Slimbox V.10.2

New changes:
                                • Fixed crash settings in power and splash screen
                                • Fixed application rights
                                • Setting the choice of applications where the PRA will work
                                • Sound settings for receivers
                                • The package of wallpapers has been improved
                                • New logo and loading animation
                                • Fixed the work of live wallpapers
                                • System amendments

More info.

Download:
                                https://telegra.ph/Skachat-proshivku...firmware-09-11
                                or
                                gDrive Mirror

Comment

Working...
                                X