Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PROMO Beelink GT-King Pro

Hello everybody..
    I'm looking to change the box for my tv and for home cinema use.
    I still hesitate between beelink gt-king pro, Odroid N2, or Ugoos N6 pro
    And now I see this offer valid for this weekend. Do you think you should take advantage of this offer ?

Hong Kong-1 Stock | Buy Beelink GT-King Pro Amlogic S922X-H Android 9.0 Dual System Hi-Fi Lossless Sound 4K TV Box 4GB/64GB ROM Dolby DTS Google Assistant Voice Remote Control Bluetooth WiFi6 1000M LAN USB3.0 online at unbeatable prices. ✓Free Shipping ✓Limited Time Sale ✓Local Warehouses.

Thanks

The cheapest discount price I've seen for GT-King Pro was US$129.99 so for now at US$139.99 is not a bad price and the device is still worth it.

But you mention the Odroid-N2, which is amazing and CoreELEC works extremely well on this device; note the fact that CoreELEC developers all use this device to test changes to software. And Voodik makes an extremely nice LineagoOS port for this device if you want an AOSP rom that makes your TV+N2 have smooth experience like it is a giant tablet.

"Ugoos N6 pro" ???? You meant to say AM6_Pro , correct? Well that device has great support and a great out-of-the-box firmware with true OTA support. One of the reasons is Ugoos lead developer is Ukrainian, not like other Chinese box manufacturers who are Chinese developers and only care if device works with Chinese networks and Chinese apps.

Comment

thanks RiCkLaR_atvX Yes I was thinking of the Ugoos AM6 Pro
      However there is also the question of price .. because I found :
      Ugoos AM6 Pro = 158,95€
      Odroid n2 with eMMC 64Go = 161,98€
      and just for this week-end Beelin gt-king pro = 129,41€
      That said, indeed I can see that Odroid N2 is heavily used by the CoreElec community which guarantees a constant development of the potential of the box, but there is also a CoreElec version for the Gt-King and the CPU / GPU characteristics are Identical, why the gt-king could not do what the odroid n2 does ...
      I am not yet decided because it is true that for the N2 to tempt me well anyway but it is not given the beast ...

Comment

Originally posted by Ac2n View Post
        thanks RiCkLaR_atvX Yes I was thinking of the Ugoos AM6 Pro
        However there is also the question of price .. because I found :
        Ugoos AM6 Pro = 158,95€
        Odroid n2 with eMMC 64Go = 161,98€
        and just for this week-end Beelin gt-king pro = 129,41€
        That said, indeed I can see that Odroid N2 is heavily used by the CoreElec community which guarantees a constant development of the potential of the box, but there is also a CoreElec version for the Gt-King and the CPU / GPU characteristics are Identical, why the gt-king could not do what the odroid n2 does ...
        I am not yet decided because it is true that for the N2 to tempt me well anyway but it is not given the beast ...
        I have a GT King Pro and you can buy it without any doubt.
        Corelec and Librelec work very well on it. I can watch even 8K vp9 videos with CoreElec.
        Everything developed for odroid n2 or khadas vim3 is compatiple with GT King Pro, just change the dtb file.
        GT King Pro can do everything what the odroid n2 does.

Beelink is a good Company and releases ota updates regularly.
        Meanwhile GT King Pro has better audio quality and has a really good aluminium case.
        I did not see any CPU degree greater than 47 Celcius.

Comment

If you like supporting your FreakTab developers, the GT-KingPRO has great ROMs released by Alvatech and Superceleron, but if you plan to use the stock official firmware from their respective Manufactures then the Ugoos is the best.

For me, I bought the Odroid 4GB CoreELEC edition back when it was only $80 -- that plus accessories, taxes, and shipping was total cost to me US$135 delivered. Because the Odroid-N2 is so good, I've not had any reason to personally purchase the other two devices. I have pulled apart both Beelink and Ugoos firmwares to find the benefits and tweaks each manufacture uses for their devices and the Ugoos is far superior.

Comment

Hi,
            Thank you Team .. So suddenly I fell for this night and I ordered for the gt-king pro, it remains a very good product and thanks to the RS232 port there should be some good optimizations in the future.. (I hope..)
            Finally if the Odroid had been a little cheaper I think I would have taken it, precisely for the fact that the CoreElec community is working diligently .. But as all this remains compatible with the gt-king pro, I think I am quiet for a long time with the gt-king pro..
            THANK YOU again for your informed opinions.
            Have a good day everyone, take care of yourself and your loved ones ...

Comment

Actually as a sbc Khadas Vim3 board would be better choice than Odroid N2 board.
              Vim3 has better support from different communities for example ManjaroARM, Librelec Etc.
              In my opinion Vim3 board quality is better than Odroid N2.

Congratulations for your decision about GT King Pro and I hope you enjoy it.

Comment

Originally posted by darkstar View Post
                Actually as a sbc Khadas Vim3 board would be better choice than Odroid N2 board.
                Vim3 has better support from different communities for example ManjaroARM, Librelec Etc.
                In my opinion Vim3 board quality is better than Odroid N2.
                It all depends what you are going to use the board for. You don't need LibreELEC when CoreELEC makes a stable image for Amlogic devices. Also, the LibreELEC images for VIM3 are not stable images; they are Nightly and Development images which LibreELEC also releases for the Odroid-N2. Link: https://test.libreelec.tv/ --We will have to wait till probably next year before LibreELEC will start having stable Alpha releases for Amlogic chipsets that have Mainline Kernel support. I have a Khadas and Odriod, and speaking to the Quality both are great solid boards, you can't say one is better than the other when it all depends what you are doing with it. If you want the board just to use ManjaroARM you could easily save some money and just get a Raspberry Pi 4 to use ManjaroARM on an SBC. Only real benefit for the VIM3 is the NPU for neural network applications.

Comment

Originally posted by RiCkLaR_atvX View Post

It all depends what you are going to use the board for. You don't need LibreELEC when CoreELEC makes a stable image for Amlogic devices. Also, the LibreELEC images for VIM3 are not stable images; they are Nightly and Development images which LibreELEC also releases for the Odroid-N2. Link: https://test.libreelec.tv/ --We will have to wait till probably next year before LibreELEC will start having stable Alpha releases for Amlogic chipsets that have Mainline Kernel support. I have a Khadas and Odriod, and speaking to the Quality both are great solid boards, you can't say one is better than the other when it all depends what you are doing with it. If you want the board just to use ManjaroARM you could easily save some money and just get a Raspberry Pi 4 to use ManjaroARM on an SBC. Only real benefit for the VIM3 is the NPU for neural network applications.
                  I started my sentence as " In my opinion..." and you are telling me that I can't say my opinion am I right?

Let me explain why I think that Vim3 is a better SBC board.

1 - Vim3 has a better CPU Amlogic A311D,
                  2 - Vim3 has a good wifi, Odroid N2 does not have any.
                  3 - Vim3 has Bluetooth BT5, Odroid N2 does not have any.
                  4 - As you said Vim3 has NPU which make sense, Odroid N2 does not have any.
                  5 - Vim 3 has MIPI-DSI (4-lane), up to 1080p ,Odroid N2 does not have any.
                  6 - Vim 3 has a Tone Board addon, you can buy it separately.

Compared to the Odroid-N2, the VIM3 Pro also contains 16MB SPI flash, while the Odroid-N2 has only 8MB.
                  It also features a tri-axis accelerometer, and a dual-channel IR receiver.

Firmware is not a big deal because two of them can use all AML 922 compatible ones.

An yes absolutely I can say " In my opinion Khadas Vim3 is a way better SBC than Odroid N2."

Comment

Hi friends,
                    That's it I received my beelink gt-king pro directly from italy, it joined my mountain in the eastern pyrenees in France ..
                    I'm super happy, so for info the SN: SA9HH0GH80566
                    I received it with the latest Beelink update as well as an SD card for CoreElec.
                    I thought it was directly in dual-boot mode with either android or coreelec, is it better to keep Coreelec on sd card or is it better to install dual-boot directly on eMMC?
                    It works really well but I have seen some home-made roms and I wonder which is better ..?
                    Thank you..
                    Have a good day..

Comment

Hi friends,
                      That's it I received my beelink gt-king pro directly from italy, it joined my mountain in the eastern pyrenees in France ..
                      I'm super happy, so for info the SN: SA9HH0GH80566
                      I received it with the latest Beelink update as well as an SD card for CoreElec.
                      I thought it was directly in dual-boot mode with either android or coreelec, is it better to keep Coreelec on sd card or is it better to install dual-boot directly on eMMC?
                      It works really well but I have seen some home-made roms and I wonder which is better ..?
                      Thank you..
                      Have a good day..
                      All custom roms are good, you can try and decide which one to use.
                      Corelec runs very well from sdcard or usb no need to split emmc.

Comment

Thanks,
                        I'm going to stay on the official version of Beelonk for the moment, I saw on their forum that there was a beta firmware in test which should not be long in coming and for the moment I find that it works very well Like that..
                        I still have a problem, I am trying to install 'youtube vanced' Root version since the gt-king pro is Root, but I have to be able to deactivate the verification of the apk and there I do not know too much should I Use Xposed, or magisk, or maybe a simpler solution exists ?
                        Thanks a lot

Comment

Thanks,
                          I'm going to stay on the official version of Beelonk for the moment, I saw on their forum that there was a beta firmware in test which should not be long in coming and for the moment I find that it works very well Like that..
                          I still have a problem, I am trying to install 'youtube vanced' Root version since the gt-king pro is Root, but I have to be able to deactivate the verification of the apk and there I do not know too much should I Use Xposed, or magisk, or maybe a simpler solution exists ?
                          Thanks a lot
                          Youtube Vanced 14.21.54 version works fine I'm using it an Smart Youtube of course.

Comment

Thank you, I try with the latest version available on the site https://vanced.app/
                            But have you install root version or non-root ? and what do you mean by i use it an Smart Youtube ?

Comment

...i use it an Smart Youtube ?
                              • 4K support.
                              • Designed for TV screens.
                              • Any remote controller support.
                              • Login support.
                              • Doesn't depend on Google Services.
                              • Fully localized.
                              • Multilingual search keyboard.
                              • Automatic update mechanism.
                              • No root required!