Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beelink GS-King X (TV BOX + NAS drive) Amlogic S922X-H 3.5 SATA Drive Bay Beelink GS-King X

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone can help me to start NAS function on this box?

Comment

Originally posted by coobah View Post
      Anyone can help me to start NAS function on this box?
      Right now, you have to install a samba app....... I am using SMB LAN drive app. Beelink is working on a native solution from what I understand.
      MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Where are people ordering it from? I ordered it from geekbuy nearly 2 month ago and is still not shipped. I'm in UK btw.

Comment

Beelink just posted their new GS-KING_X_915P0_wol.img update today.
          1. Add samba function
          2. Update manual apk
          3. Update the display of shortcut icons on the main UI interface
          4. Remove the display of security level in Setting>Sytem>About device>Andriod version
          5. The version is updated to 915P0_wol

The samba server is working great, so it is closer to a full blown NAS......... it can be accessed by any device on the network.

It also has a unroot function in the settings, this is a great benefit for apps that do NOT work on a rooted system.
          MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post
          Beelink just posted their new GS-KING_X_915P0_wol.img update today.
          1. Add samba function
          2. Update manual apk
          3. Update the display of shortcut icons on the main UI interface
          4. Remove the display of security level in Setting>Sytem>About device>Andriod version
          5. The version is updated to 915P0_wol

The samba server is working great, so it is closer to a full blown NAS......... it can be accessed by any device on the network.

It also has a unroot function in the settings, this is a great benefit for apps that do NOT work on a rooted system.
          I wonder if the ordinary King will get an update.Not expecting Samba though. Tried it last night on CoreELEC and it wasn't very fast. I use USB3 to transfer video but would use something faster if it was available.

Comment

The NAS file transfer speeds are very good, comparable to any other of my networked devices..... Very pleased with this device.

Makes a perfect DVR and now the NAS functions are icing on the cake.

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post
              The NAS file transfer speeds are very good, comparable to any other of my networked devices..... Very pleased with this device.

Makes a perfect DVR and now the NAS functions are icing on the cake.
              I tested Samba on my GT King OpenELEC connected to a 5 bay Orico drive enclosure via USB3, and I was getting around 9mbps transferring about 20GB of video from my laptop running Linux Mint. When I connect my laptop via USB3 to the Orico enclosure directly I get approx 10 times that speed.

The big issue with the Orico is the sleep function, it puts the HDD's to sleep after 5/10 mins of inactivity. Some of my drives have that built into them though so they would still sleep. Like the WD Greens.

Orico aren't good at providing firmware updates so they probably won't fix it. The version with RAID has the option of disabling sleep or changing the timing. Mine has no RAID function.

Comment

Hi is root:/system partition a read-only permission I'm trying to copy a file to /system/bin but keep getting permission denied.
                Last edited by ddogishere; 07-22-2020, 00:15.

Comment

Any kind developer able to port the Ugoos AM6 plus rom to the gs-king x, the ugoos am6 plus has the perfect rom.
                  Last edited by ddogishere; 07-29-2020, 09:18.

Comment

In android on 915P0, Every time i change resolution to 4k it changes back to 1080p, during films and after restart, why?

Comment

I am trying the new firmware GTKING_911P0_wol.img and the screen is moving around changing shape. I'm not too sure that the fileserver works either.

Comment

Hi my GS-King keeps refreshing to 1080p60 screen resolution even though I have a 4k tv. I do select 4k30(no 4k60 option) but goes back to 1080p60 when tv is turned off/on.

Any ideas please? Thx.

Comment

Working...
                        X