Are all the X88 king boxes the same?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are all the X88 king boxes the same?

WHen the X88 king first came out i noticed it was just a black generic box with the font X88 king on the top, now i see they have some with a colorful graphic on the top

Are they the same or is the older one better or a "real" X88 king and the new ones are knock offs?

Im getting where i dont trust the crap Amlogic is pulling, specially after the X88 pro X3 i got its such a bad performing box i have doubts its a real 905X3 processor.

Does anyone have the X88 king with the S922 chip and the colored graphics on the top that performs like the older one?

AMLOGIC has zero to do with any of these devices, they just make the chips. What a company does with their chips has zero to do with them. Companies lying about specs has zero to do with AMLOGIC. Also, the S905X3 chip is alow powered chip, and will not perform anywhere near as good as the S922 chip. AMLOGIC, AllWinner, RockChip etc just make cheap arm CPU chips, whicch is why they are used in thes boxes, but they do not control what companies do with their chips. Your anger is targeted at the wrong people. It is like when a company uses an expensive Qualcomm SnapDragon CPU, You would not blame Qualcomm if the device turnsout to be bad, cause Qualcomm simply sold them a chip to use, they did not make the device. It is very simple, AMLOGIC makes a chip, company buys chip and puts it in their device, AMLOGC is not responsible if they lie about specs or clone another device.

Comment

Dude i dont know whos doing it, the chip builders, the board builders or both all i know is Amlogic has cheated in the past once a crook always a crook. They have released chips marked at such and such speeds that wernt actually what they claimed so the board builders put out the faulse info when it was actually Amlogic who cheated.

I got a box that said it was a 88 pro X3 and it looks like the newer fancy colored box that the X88 king looks like and its a really poor performing box. I just didnt want to get another box thats been dressed up and then inside its a rehash of an older slower box.

WHat it reminds me of was when the RK3399 first came out and the H96 max was a popular box, then you started to see many different versions that all were the H96 max but there was only 1 that actually had the RK3399 chip i dont want to get one with a switched out chip with the X88 king tag on it.

Again i dont know whos doing it i just wanted to see if anyone has the second version with the fancy colored box if its still the same X88 king with the good 922 chip or if they are fakes

Comment

Just stay away from the X88 brand, in all its forms or clones, I would say stay away from all the brands that don't have an actual name, stick with name brands like of Beelink, Minix, or Ugoos; especially when it comes to paying over $100 for an S922X device.

Comment

Your probobly right, i wanted to try that S922X with the slimbox rom but its not worth $100. i might as well just get an Odroid N2

Im starting to notice the same chips on SBCs are usually way faster anyway.

Best i could ever get out of an S905X3 in a box was around 75K, 95K on an SBC board

Comment

Originally posted by BowerR64 View Post
            Your probobly right, i wanted to try that S922X with the slimbox rom but its not worth $100. i might as well just get an Odroid N2

Im starting to notice the same chips on SBCs are usually way faster anyway.

Best i could ever get out of an S905X3 in a box was around 75K, 95K on an SBC board
            SBC's are better engineered, usually are equipped better as well, for example the generic TVbox S905X3 is shipping with 8-bit or 16-bit DDR3 ram and the SBC w/ same chip is 32-bit DDR4 or LPDDR4 ram.

Comment

Working...
            X