Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Having an issue with the sound on an Ugoos AM6 Plus cutting out after watching some videos, anyone experienced this too?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having an issue with the sound on an Ugoos AM6 Plus cutting out after watching some videos, anyone experienced this too?

Hi, I’m looking for some help with an issue that’s started happening on my Ugoos AM6 Plus tv box recently. The issue is, I’m streaming some tv shows online and using VLC player. The file will play fine as it’s supposed to and then when I’m done and close the streaming app along with VLC player and then go into any other music or video file, like YouTube or Spotify, there’s no audio at all. Both YouTube and Spotify apps will work fine and show video and play the audio progress bar, just there’s no sound coming from either app.

I couldn’t figure out for the life of me what was going on or causing this, I was originally using MX player as my main video player for years before switching to VLC as I thought it might have been a bug in MX player causing this, but no.
    I also tried wiping the box and starting from scratch to see if that resolved the issue, but that didn’t work either.
    And I’ve just installed the latest 0.4.1 firmware update they just released a few days ago and still not working properly.

Now, in the meantime I was able to find a quick fix to this and how to get the audio back. If I play a video in YouTube or some music in Spotify or whatever and then go into the settings menu on the box itself and click on “sound” option, the sound returns instantly for some reason.
    I just don’t want to have to do this all the time now, I’d like to see if anyone has any idea what the issue could be and if there’s any way to fix it. Has anyone seen this happen before on their android tv box or anything else? It’s driving me insane! Hope someone can help.

Thanks
Working...
X