Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ugoos AM6 (S922X) Armbian (and other Linux distributions) and LibreELEC.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ugoos AM6 (S922X) Armbian (and other Linux distributions) and LibreELEC.

I received an AM6 sample yesterday.

This weekend I will try to do General tests with the Android firmware that is now in it. I warn you right away, I'm not interested in Android and I do not use it, so write questions and detailed steps that you want me to try to perform in the standard Android firmware on AM6.

My goal is to fully run and support Armbian (and other Linux distributions) and LibreELEC.
    Last edited by trebor; 06-10-2019, 19:36.

Will receive mine late next week, currently 'air shipping', can't wait.
    Together with LibreELEC, Armbian + Android 9 improvements, this will be a very powerful device.

Comment

Early result.
      The default eMMC is Android 9 (special version from Ugoos).
      Check run Armbian and Libreelec was successful. In LE works HDMI, BT, wired network, audio via HDMI. Wifi and USB 2.0 ports are not working yet.

Comment

• trebor
        trebor commented
        Editing a comment
        Something to look forward to also ...
        Excellent work again

balbes150

sound is good

at present those are enough for me!

>I never use WiFi(except OTA upgrade! only) so its OK for me
      >USB2.0 work;not necessary

I hvnt any experience yet with Armbian&LE so I'll see it later

So I'm awaiting to place order when this box released,as they said Begin July!

Note;asking you,those Armbian+LE default ROM?? or side support such as with SD Card ?

So,as normal user asking you;Box default/ROM working without LE+ ...others??
      Thanks

Bye++

Comment

I use General principles for all my systems. The initial startup of the system is always performed from external media (after universal multi-boot activation). At the same time, the standard firmware in eMMC remains unchanged. That is, when you connect an external media (SD or USB), the external system starts automatically. When you disconnect the external media, the standard firmware from the eMMC is automatically started. For those who want to replace the standard Android firmware with other systems (Armbian Libreelec etc), there is a special script in these images that automatically installs the new system in eMMC (with the removal of the standard Android). Before installing in eMMC, I always strongly recommend to perform a full backup of the standard firmware from eMMC to an external media (for this purpose there is a special utility "DDBR"). If you make such a full copy, you can always go back to the current system. It is important to check all the functions that you need before using eMMC, and only after a full check from the external media of all the functions , run the installation in eMMC.

Comment

well all those above described to me! thanks

"External Media" such playing momies/clips/music etc.,one of my daily mostly use behaviour! and most important
          "Picture Quality" which should be perfect(why I like RK3399 !!)

"Android" is my secondary use even not necessary or important!

Seems AM6 may enough for me at present.

++

Armbian/LE;I havent any experience for this! even I do not know or might be its not for me?
          But I'll try and willing to use LE at first

Thanks balbes for your info/support etc.,

Bye++

Comment

bergamesk
            LE = KODI (expanded and updated new Optime system based on KODI). If you are familiar with KODI, you will have no problem using LE.

Comment

I added a version of the LE images specifically for AM6. To start the user only need to have activated multi-boot to AM6 and the system will automatically start from external media (SD or USB).

Added support for the standard remote control.

Посмотреть и скачать с Яндекс Диска

Comment

Good job+
                Thanks

well we are "unlucky guys" here! cause of we hvnt this Box yet

Comment

is there a sensible quick idiots load guide... and magic work Balbes... many thanks

Comment

Originally posted by m1pnk View Post
                    is there a sensible quick idiots load guide... and magic work Balbes... many thanks
                    In the new version of LibreELEC, I added a separate image specifically configured to run on AM6. Running is very simple. Download image in behalf of which there is "ugoos-am6." Unpack it. Burn image to SD card or USB flash drive (please note, write image a special program to the media). To activate the multi-boot (it needs to be done once, when you first start the system Armbian or Libreelec). The activation principle is exactly the same as on previous all Amlogic models (you can use the toothpick method). By the way, I'm talking to the developers of Android firmware for AM6 and I hope I can convince them to add a multi-download immediately to the firmware. Then AM6 users will be able to start any system from SD card at once, they will not need to do multi-boot activation. If the activation is multi-download has already been performed earlier, it is sufficient to connect this device to AM6 and turn on the power. Libreelec will automatically start. I pay attention while in u-boot AM6 start from SD card and from one USB 3.0 port is supported. Ports 2.0 are not working yet, I hope in the next firmware versions it will be fixed.

Comment

I'll give two Box order very soon;Khadas VIM3 and AM6
                      seems that King is not right for me!
                      anyway we keep it those infos
                      thanks for all advises+

Comment

ok... feeling like a neewby here... i flashed all the img files in your link in turn... and used the toothpick start... non would flash into LE ... just ugoos ? ... out of the files you have in list... which is the right one ?.... many thanks

Comment

yep Newbies is here,at least I'm

My AM6 device kinda in a way,when they start to sale it!

-already d/l ded above LE image RAR file to my PC

its ready to flashing or SD load

-is there any specific SD disk type recommendation?? such as brand/type/capacity etc., therefore I'v in my hand some of SDs

>and need assistance such as for all AM6 users(newbies&less experimentals etc.,) LE/Armibian etc. install/Flash "GUIDE"??
                          in order to to flash easy and without any issue...

Note;I'm talking about Ugoos AM6 only!!

Thanks+

Comment

Instructions to boot LibreELEC on AM6

1. Install Boot to LibreELEC

2. Download LE image and Etcher
                            A cross-platform tool to flash OS images onto SD cards and USB drives safely and easily. Free and open source for makers around the world.

https://yadi.sk/d/hJp3qyJuiu2sdA - LibreELEC-AMLG12.arm-9.1-devel-20190606112328-a41fdf1-ugoos-am6.img.gz
                            (What are the .tar files? It's to update an existing LE without loosing your settings)
                            3. Write the LE tar.gz file to a micro-sd card connected with a card reader to your PC with Etcher.
                            (No need to unzip the LE image)
                            4. Insert the micro-sd card into the AM6 and run the 'Boot to LE' app.
                            It should now boot LE.

Limitations for now
                            1. Only the USB 3 port works so you can't connect an airmouse and hard-drive at the same time.
                            2. Wifi, bluetooth not detected, Deinterlacing not working, fast moving in menus make text look interlaced, h265 freezes.

HDMI CEC works but, LE restarts itself for it to make it work.
                            IR Remote works as well as HDMI sound.

All these issues should get resolved with the continuing mainline kernel patches being merged for Amlogic and Rockchip devices.

Comment

Working...
                            X