Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ugoos AM6 (S922X) Armbian (and other Linux distributions) and LibreELEC.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks mo123 

well its kinda confuse me but anyway I'll work it when my Box arrive(seems late July)

Note;"LE" for King seems nothing at present?

th4

Limitation(for me)
    1-OK got it
    2-WiFi;I do not use it(only Ethernet),Bluetooth;not in use,DeInter;I do not know will see it later!,Fast mov.Menu doesnt important,H265;important but will see it!

all others OK

++

Comment

Originally posted by m1pnk View Post
      ok... feeling like a neewby here... i flashed all the img files in your link in turn... and used the toothpick start... non would flash into LE ... just ugoos ? ... out of the files you have in list... which is the right one ?.... many thanks
      The developers of Ugoos have already prepared a new version of the firmware for AM6 , where multiloading should already be enabled. Now this firmware is being tested. After the tests, it will be available to all users. By the way, in this firmware, in addition to enabling multi-boot , the operation of all USB ports should be fixed. That is, the system can be started from any USB port.

Comment

Originally posted by bergamesk View Post
        yep Newbies is here,at least I'm

My AM6 device kinda in a way,when they start to sale it!

-already d/l ded above LE image RAR file to my PC

its ready to flashing or SD load

-is there any specific SD disk type recommendation?? such as brand/type/capacity etc., therefore I'v in my hand some of SDs

>and need assistance such as for all AM6 users(newbies&less experimentals etc.,) LE/Armibian etc. install/Flash "GUIDE"??
        in order to to flash easy and without any issue...

Note;I'm talking about Ugoos AM6 only!!

Thanks+
        To run external systems, you can use USB media, including USB 3.0. With the release of a new firmware ( with multi-boot support already enabled), the startup process will be very simple. Download, unzip, burn to media and you can immediately run LE on AM6.

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post
          Instructions to boot LibreELEC on AM6

1. Install Boot to LibreELEC
          https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...v.rebootupdate
          2. Download LE image and Etcher
          A cross-platform tool to flash OS images onto SD cards and USB drives safely and easily. Free and open source for makers around the world.

https://yadi.sk/d/hJp3qyJuiu2sdA - LibreELEC-AMLG12.arm-9.1-devel-20190606112328-a41fdf1-ugoos-am6.img.gz
          (What are the .tar files? It's to update an existing LE without loosing your settings)
          3. Write the LE tar.gz file to a micro-sd card connected with a card reader to your PC with Etcher.
          (No need to unzip the LE image)
          4. Insert the micro-sd card into the AM6 and run the 'Boot to LE' app.
          It should now boot LE.

Limitations for now
          1. Only the USB 3 port works so you can't connect an airmouse and hard-drive at the same time.
          2. Wifi, bluetooth not detected, Deinterlacing not working, fast moving in menus make text look interlaced, h265 freezes.

HDMI CEC works but, LE restarts itself for it to make it work.
          IR Remote works as well as HDMI sound.

All these issues should get resolved with the continuing mainline kernel patches being merged for Amlogic and Rockchip devices.
          In the latest versions of LE and Armbian , BT has already been fixed. I tested it on LE and Armbian, the sound through BT works well.
          By the way, the latest version of Armbian fixes the work with eMMC. I also checked the DDBR utility. It works correctly. I created a full backup of Android, then installed in eMMC Armbian, checked its operation from eMMC, and then restored the wobbly Android back to eMMC. Everything works correctly. And now AM6 users can immediately after purchase, create a full backup of eMMC and at any time to restore the normal state of the system.

Comment

Originally posted by balbes150 View Post

In the latest versions of LE, BT has already been fixed. I tested it on LE and Armbian, the sound through BT works well.
            That's really fast development
            I hope they will be able to merge BCM4359(AP6398S ) wifi to mainline kernel too soon that is used by several ARM devices.

Mainline support is the way to go then 2 years down the road all the hardware will still be 100% supported with all the improvements mainline kernel developers added since then compared to using outdated kernels that need constant patches and hacks that don't work optimally and will seize to work in future since no one will take the time or energy to work on such old kernels.

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post

That's really fast development
              I hope they will be able to merge BCM4359(AP6398S ) wifi to mainline kernel too soon that is used by several ARM devices.

Mainline support is the way to go then 2 years down the road all the hardware will still be 100% supported with all the improvements mainline kernel developers added since then compared to using outdated kernels that need constant patches and hacks that don't work optimally and will seize to work in future since no one will take the time or energy to work on such old kernels.
              Yes, switching to the mainline kernel is the only correct solution. It is better now to spend time and resources on this work (it will be in demand in the future) than to waste time and resources on outdated and unsupported kernels. With the release of new fixes, you need to start all work with the old kernel again from the beginning.

Comment

looks like things are getting into place... the ugoos am6 will be the weapon of choice soon it seems ?

Comment

New image Armbian (5.88_20190611) and Libreelec (20190611) support install to eMMC

Comment

fantastic work buddy... we are waiting to try it out...

Comment

Good news. I checked out the new firmware (which was provided by Ugoos developers). With this firmware, all USB ports work (you can run the system from any SD or USB media, and from any USB port) and is immediately included in the universal multi-boot.

It took less than 10 minutes to create a full backup of the standard firmware from eMMC to the average USB 3.0 media (flash drive).
                      Last edited by balbes150; 06-12-2019, 12:05.

Comment

Can you check 4k playback... I'm crashing everytime I try.... Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by m1pnk View Post
                          Can you check 4k playback... I'm crashing everytime I try.... Thanks
                          LE plays 4k with HW all my test videos. There is small bug. At the very beginning of a few seconds of playback, the picture has artifacts. Then everything works without problems.

By the way, when playing 4K, case over the radiator is barely warm, it is almost difficult to feel the heat. Laser thermometer shows the surface temperature of the body 35-38 degrees

Comment

yep... get same bug with start of 1080 here... but then superb quality.... but will try some dif 4k and see.

Comment

Good news.

The latest version of the images Armbian 5.90 + script (g12_sound.sh) works HDMI sound on Ugoos AM6. Also works adjusting the CPU frequency. You can now consider these systems full versions for normal use. Wifi isn't working yet, but it's only a matter of time before can either get the Ampak chip manufacturer to release the necessary support for the core or (as a temporary solution) port the old drivers.

The latest versions of Libreelec have all the features of Armbian + support for full screen video playback with HW (including 4K).

Comment

Originally posted by balbes150 View Post
                                Good news. I checked out the new firmware (which was provided by Ugoos developers). With this firmware, all USB ports work (you can run the system from any SD or USB media, and from any USB port) and is immediately included in the universal multi-boot.

It took less than 10 minutes to create a full backup of the standard firmware from eMMC to the average USB 3.0 media (flash drive).
                                Please, can you say how do you system backup?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Working...
                                X