Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just installed your rom on a brandnew GT King - works perfect and i could install it by the first try, thanks your perfect guide how to install. Thanks a lot for that perfect rom
    What i was wondering it says in Cpu z manufacturer is xiaomi....is that so?

Comment

XIAOMI and Beelink have a supply line relationship.
    X is well dug into many Chinese IT production designs.
    Kris....don't forget my boxes! Okay?

Comment

Hello all,

I'm interested in installing this ROM for my Beelink GT-KING (SN: B922) but I had a quick question to anyone that has already installed it and had it working properly. I recently purchased the Beelink GT-KING 4gb RAM - 64gb storage version and I did the update to most recent firmware and now every time I use my IPTV service the device just reboots when a channel is playing. Every other video service works fine, youtube, Netflix....etc. Doesn't matter what IPTV app I use, the device will reboot. So, apparently that is an issue on Beelink's side. See my link below for the forum post about it.

My question for this ROM is, has anyone tried to use any IPTV service/apps with this ROM and is it working and not rebooting? I don't want to wipe and go through the reinstall process just to find out the same thing happens.

Any insight into this would be greatly appreciated so I can make a better decision to install or not to install.

Thank you in advance.

-
      Mike

Comment

I have also the B922 serie of the King and i flashed Alvatech?s rom which works great.

I use IPTV Smarters Pro and TiviMate without any problems. But also before i installed this custom rom and did not hace any problem with this two IPTV apps with my Beelink firmware. I worked with the firmware one version before this actual update some days ago.

Comment

UM I'm guessing a red light on the box after flashing isn't good? (I had the B922 version as that what my SN said and now the box stuck on a red light..........................)

P.S. Scrap that. Just switched off and back on seems to be working PHEW!

Comment

Originally posted by tombraga View Post
            I have also the B922 serie of the King and i flashed Alvatech?s rom which works great.

I use IPTV Smarters Pro and TiviMate without any problems. But also before i installed this custom rom and did not hace any problem with this two IPTV apps with my Beelink firmware. I worked with the firmware one version before this actual update some days ago.
            Thank you for the information. I think updating the stock firmware was the issue. IPTV was working fine on the other version then I updated and boom issues started. Good to know the ROM works with it. I have been using IPTV Extreme app with Helix Hosting service. I will definitely have to give the ROM a try then.

Thanks again for the information.

Comment

Originally posted by johnsemple123 View Post
              UM I'm guessing a red light BAD?!!
              and now the box stuck on a red light..........................)

P.S. Scrap that. Just switched off and back on seems to be working PHEW!
              Self-Healing OTT. It's the Latest Update....Just for You !

Comment

What i was wondering it says in Cpu z manufacturer is xiaomi....is that so?
                Originally posted by ClarkKent View Post
                XIAOMI and Beelink have a supply line relationship.
                X is well dug into many Chinese IT production designs.
                Where did you get this information? As far as I know, the "Xiaomi" name showing up in CPUz or any other app that reads System properties (a.k.a build.prop files) is because of the Netflix hack, so the Netflix app identifies your device as Xiaomi and so your Beelink doesn't break it's spoofed license.

Comment

I stand corrected. I understood a supply chain connection, as it was my impression that beelink was piggybacking on XIAOMI's Google and DRM licensing applications. as a way to "back in" so to speak.
                  ​​​​​​... Also they are responsible for some 30 ground up new tech companies, and being wide and deep software Developers have supplied same (ei: MIUI skin?) to these companies... and others.

Comment

It may be a situation like Microsoft Windows10 having so many Grey market OEM licenses available for a fraction of the cost of Win10, where buying straight from the Microsoft can cost you an arm and a leg, so get it via third-party. Where say AZW, the parent company of Beelink did some backroom deals to get the Netflix licenses at fraction of the cost from Xiaomi or via a third-party, by sidestepping having to pay Netflix super high licensing costs. But I am of the opinion that it was just easier for their software engineers to hack the code.

Comment

heya Alva,

Have not installed the rom yet, as just got my box and did the 30-aug stock update..
                      buuut, seeing as I'll more than likely grab your next update, popped you a few coffees over on paypal to thank you for your hard work!

Tim

Comment

Originally posted by sesdave View Post
                        I would think any double male cable would work. As Alvatech says if its detected it will work. Make sure you download the correct rom for your SN and then follow flashing instructions on first page. Then your Box is going to be very smooth with the custom ROM-Its very good
                        sorry to quote a slightly older post.. but thought it might be good to comment;

I actually went through quite a pile of male-male USB cables, tossing out 6 that didn't work before having one that would.
                        Have to say, all m<>m cables I have are crappy cheap ones (left over from other projects), so if stuck - worth checking other cables.

Comment

OK erm remember when I posted that the box was stuck on red last night? Now I am really stuck! It was working fine most of the night. Then went to bed (shut it off obviously) Now it REALLY is stuck on red ligjhts only (and the USB tool isn't working either as the box staying on red) UM...........................................help!

Comment

Originally posted by tim007 View Post
                            heya Alva,

Have not installed the rom yet, as just got my box and did the 30-aug stock update..
                            buuut, seeing as I'll more than likely grab your next update, popped you a few coffees over on paypal to thank you for your hard work!

Tim
                            Hello,
                            Thank you so much for the Donation much appreciated. I have still been pretty busy so still haven't had a chance to get any update going. Not much changes with new update so debating to even release something yet or wait for hopefully a bigger change.
                            Thanks again,

Alvatech

Originally posted by johnsemple123 View Post
                            OK erm remember when I posted that the box was stuck on red last night? Now I am really stuck! It was working fine most of the night. Then went to bed (shut it off obviously) Now it REALLY is stuck on red ligjhts only (and the USB tool isn't working either as the box staying on red) UM...........................................help!
                            Sorry not sure what's happening. You might try to reflash the box one more time, and if it continues to give you issues then you may have a faulty box. You may try SD-Card method if the USB tool isn't working for you.
                            Thank you,

Alvatech

Comment

hi Alva,
                              no rush on my account obviously.. will probably load your current rom in next days when I find a gap.. and if not sooner have the weekend more or less free (dog sitting). So far I gave the 30-aug stock update rom a reasonable good test this weekend on Asphalt 8

Noticed it has an issue with bluetooth controller (xiaomi bluetooth joypad) becoming slower/unstable after some usage.
                              This was something the GT1 had too, although the GT1 would tend to throw the steering (racing game) abruptly left or right all of a sudden.
                              Will be able to test that on your rom intensively this weekend.. I'm not sure if that issue is hardware related (heating perhaps) or just software (as I noticed some crappy advert plugins Asphalt uses have a tendency to halt the game or even freeze the box entirely).

Is there a good way of checking temperature specs of the box?
                              As then I could compare some values when the error occurs now, and if needed later.

Must admit I never even thought of heat prior to seeing the photo's here of the airholes drilled into the case..
                              but when thinking of it, it happens after a fair amount of play constantly.. rebooting helps.. but it comes back faster each time (must admit I spent hours this weekend racing )

Comment

Working...
                            X