This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ALVATECH View Post

I don't have anything to do with Magisk so please ask on the appropriate forum. I have also seen people asking for SuperSu, not sure why it's needed since the ROM is already rooted and if you set permissions in such app like Xplore file manager you should be able to modify all files as needed. 

Alvatech
    Does anyone have any clue how to set permissions in an app to use root? for example I am using app Remodroid from play store.

Comment

Originally posted by cmf View Post

Hi Alva, take your time! Family and Job has priority!!! I'm greatefull with this gift You give us.

I'm in no need to use Magisk, only for one of my local IP App that validates the ROM and says it's a modified one. But is not your ROM, with the original one I has have the same advice.

I',m wondering if there is a switch in this ROM that can mask ROOT. I asked it at beelink's forums, and moredator says "NO, ROMs originals comes ROOTED, and can't be masked."

I'm a noob here, and perhaps what I said here is terrible stuppid, just wondering.

Cheers.

cmf!

PD: Some strange characters appears when typing, anyone has noticed that?
      Hello,
      you're good no worries. Hiding Root is what Magisk does, but as we know it's not working at the moment. I base my ROM's off of Beelink's ROM's so if their ROM's are rooted, usually I keep that way too. Even hiding root sometimes still doesn't work with certain apps checking / verifying different parts of the OS. Honestly if you installed Magisk and you mentioned that it removed root from your box. I think you can actually use that to un-root your box since it removes all rooted files, but then just remove / uninstall the Magisk app. That would actually remove root from your box to some extent. Yes, I've also noticed weird characters when typing. I think it's mostly through mobile phones and different web browsers on mobile phones. It doesn't seem to do this through a computer.
      Thank you,

Alvatech

Originally posted by alok.droid View Post

Does anyone have any clue how to set permissions in an app to use root? for example I am using app Remodroid from play store.
      Hello,
      I hope to make a patch for those who would like to add SuperSU to their devices. I'm currently working on another project and staying a busy with some other things, so I don't know when I'll have it ready exactly. But hopefully soon. You can try to add the app in the root of the OS under system/apps and add the proper permissions to the app and folder and then the app should work properly for you. If you need some additional help, feel free to PM me.
      Thank you,

Alvatech

Comment

ALVATECH: will this Rom work on the X88 King? Seems to be the same type Box.
        One more thing, what are you using to ROOT this box?
        Last edited by raruba; 11-26-2019, 14:19.

Comment

Originally posted by raruba View Post
          ALVATECH: will this Rom work on the X88 King? Seems to be the same type Box.
          One more thing, what are you using to ROOT this box?
          Hello,
          I had answered you already link here.
          The box is rooted from factory by beelink,
          Thank you,

Alvatech

Comment

Hello,
            I had answered you already link here.
            The box is rooted from factory by beelink,
            Thank you,

Alvatech
            Thanks, didn't see that POST

Comment

Originally posted by raruba View Post

Thanks, didn't see that POST
              No problem, on previous post you can see another user also commented on what you had asked. But if you do try, please let us know the results.
              Thank you,

Alvatech

Comment

Not that it's this ROM specific but if you wanted to install magisk, you have to install it to recovery. Follow my instructions here.

hello, i dont know if i am the only one with this problem i installed the TWRP recovery , works great , but when i flashed the magisk i lost the root access and magisk wasn't installed , anyone else with this problem , or any custom rom that is compatible with magisk regards,

Comment

No problem, on previous post you can see another user also commented on what you had asked. But if you do try, please let us know the results.
                  Thank you,

Alvatech
                  Hi, I did try to install it. It installed but didn't run...just set there on your name (boot screen). But was able to reinstall stock firmware. Box is OK but just not rooted.

Comment

raruba you could trying the ROM again but this time do not tick "erase bootloader" option in the flashing tool

Comment

raruba I have the x88 king box as well, I would love to get a firmware that actually makes it work better, so far its been a week since I purchased it and while it runs stuff pretty fast, I can't get many apps to work on it. Netflix comes preinstalled but Amazon Prime, Disney Plus and even Angry Birds do not work on it. Stangely if you type π318 in the calculator it includes Kodi will install. It has no notification bar that I have been able to enable, and no root ability. Basically its as bad as my old 4.0 android box but that one at least works with many older apps. (Although Disney Plus is Android 5 and higher.)

I found a link to the current firmware on another site but this box is horrible. Here is the link to the original firmware:
                      Store photos and docs online. Access them from any PC, Mac or phone. Create and work together on Word, Excel or PowerPoint documents.

Comment

Originally posted by syked69 View Post
                        raruba you could trying the ROM again but this time do not tick "erase bootloader" option in the flashing tool
                        Thanks, I might give that a try....will let you know.
                        Still don't work, it loaded but nothing worked...USB's Mouse etc.
                        Last edited by raruba; 12-30-2019, 10:25.

Comment

Originally posted by greenstone View Post
                          raruba I have the x88 king box as well, I would love to get a firmware that actually makes it work better, so far its been a week since I purchased it and while it runs stuff pretty fast, I can't get many apps to work on it. Netflix comes preinstalled but Amazon Prime, Disney Plus and even Angry Birds do not work on it. Stangely if you type π318 in the calculator it includes Kodi will install. It has no notification bar that I have been able to enable, and no root ability. Basically its as bad as my old 4.0 android box but that one at least works with many older apps. (Although Disney Plus is Android 5 and higher.)

I found a link to the current firmware on another site but this box is horrible. Here is the link to the original firmware:
                          https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%...126D253EA3A2B2
                          Yeah I found the original rom also. Seems like a really good box but the Firmware is not that good. Hopefully the Russians can do something with it....lol

Comment

raruba Let me know if you do get the firmware for the gt-king or the new ugoos am6 to work with x88 king, I haven't tried to do a firmware upgrade/change on one of these boxes and am basically a novice,

Comment

Originally posted by greenstone View Post
                              raruba Let me know if you do get the firmware for the gt-king or the new ugoos am6 to work with x88 king, I haven't tried to do a firmware upgrade/change on one of these boxes and am basically a novice,
                              GT-King surely don't work. haven't tried the ugoos AM6

Comment

Originally posted by syked69 View Post
                                Not that it's this ROM specific but if you wanted to install magisk, you have to install it to recovery. Follow my instructions here.

https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-...971#post790971
                                Thanks for the info, when I get a chance I'll have a look. I've been working on some other projects at the moment.
                                Thanks again,

Alvatech

Comment

Working...
                                X