Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Beelink GT-King ALVATECH Standard Android (9.0 Pie) S922X

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Silly question perhaps but if I update using the latest Rom will I lose any apps that I have installed already ?

    Comment


      Originally posted by maryann View Post
      Silly question perhaps but if I update using the latest Rom will I lose any apps that I have installed already ?
      should not, don't wipe the data. You're not running a custom recovery or a backup app?
      Kris....don't forget my boxes! Okay?

      Comment


        Like the latest firmware - nice job. Now this is more like the box it was always meant to be

        Comment


          Originally posted by ClarkKent View Post

          should not, don't wipe the data. You're not running a custom recovery or a backup app?
          I have backed up all partitions in TWRP before flashing with USB tool, after flashing v5.0 ROM I restored only data Partition. All installed apps are there, but the box can't connect to wifi anymore.
          Any guidelines how to properly backup/restore apps and data on this rom?

          Comment


            Originally posted by Schrauff View Post

            I have backed up all partitions in TWRP before flashing with USB tool, after flashing v5.0 ROM I restored only data Partition. All installed apps are there, but the box can't connect to wifi anymore.
            Any guidelines how to properly backup/restore apps and data on this rom?
            Possibly a rom based issue. I don't run this one yet. Check up-thread to see if mentioned. If you did not wipe cache and Dalvik , enter twrp again and do so. Rebooting wifi source and re set-up network settings would be my next move. Just step by step troubleshooting and elimination of possible ommisions, errors, or bugs.
            Fresh back-ups once your "settled in". And load a real back-up apk for redundancy, I am well pleased with Titanium BkUp Pro.
            Kris....don't forget my boxes! Okay?

            Comment


              Originally posted by sesdave View Post
              Like the latest firmware - nice job. Now this is more like the box it was always meant to be
              Thank you!!

              Alvatech

              Originally posted by Schrauff View Post

              I have backed up all partitions in TWRP before flashing with USB tool, after flashing v5.0 ROM I restored only data Partition. All installed apps are there, but the box can't connect to wifi anymore.
              Any guidelines how to properly backup/restore apps and data on this rom?
              Not sure why this is happening. If you used the original TWRP that's in this image it should work. Unless you changed out TWRP that could be the issue. I restore Data and Cache all the time without any issues. You might try again, and If your WiFi works before any restore then more than likely it's something in your backup it doesn't like.
              Thank you,

              Alvatech

              Comment


                Originally posted by ALVATECH View Post

                Thank you!!

                Alvatech



                Not sure why this is happening. If you used the original TWRP that's in this image it should work. Unless you changed out TWRP that could be the issue. I restore Data and Cache all the time without any issues. You might try again, and If your WiFi works before any restore then more than likely it's something in your backup it doesn't like.
                Thank you,

                Alvatech
                Hi dev, the backup was made with original TWRP. Only problem I have after flashing v5.0 ROM is the wifi can't connect anymore. In wifi settings i can see my AP with full signal, but when trying to connect is always trying to connect but immediately drops connection. After trying connecting several times the status of AP is disabled. Have also tried with ethernet, it works, but i prefer to connect with wifi. I flashed back the v4.0 ROM and have same problem with wifi. Does the newest ROM have different wifi drivers from previous versions? I can also make logcat, what info would be helpful (kmesg, dmesg, ... )?

                Comment


                • ALVATECH
                  ALVATECH commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I had already sent you a PM. Please check your inbox so I can try to help.
                  Thank you,

                  Alvatech

                  Update: User reported to me their ISP had interrupted service with modem / router and now it's working.
                  Last edited by ALVATECH; 01-27-2020, 08:55. Reason: User found out the issue....

                Anyone know how to return to stock rom. Thanks

                Comment


                  Download latest stock ROM

                  http://www.bee-link.com/forum.php?mo...extra=page%3D1

                  Follow flashing guide using USB burning tool on first page of this thread.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by lowcheebeng View Post
                    Anyone know how to return to stock rom. Thanks
                    I replied to you over here. Match up sn and box type that fits your box.
                    Thank you,

                    Alvatech

                    Comment


                      Downloaded b922 and it works about 10 times faster than the latest beelink firmware. Thanks for all your effort. I seem to have one remaining bug which I have noticed many people have a problem with. The power button on the remote will switch off the box but will not switch it on. My remote is a G10s Voice Air Mouse Remote 2.4Ghz. I have also tried a bluetooth remote but it will not pair with the box. Any advice would be appreciated or can you recommend a remote where the power button works properly.
                      many thanks
                      Last edited by Scottuk2017; 01-25-2020, 03:29.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Scottuk2017 View Post
                        Downloaded b922 and it works about 10 times faster than the latest beelink firmware. Thanks for all your effort. I seem to have one remaining bug which I have noticed many people have a problem with. The power button on the remote will switch off the box but will not switch it on. My remote is a G10s Voice Air Mouse Remote 2.4Ghz. I have also tried a bluetooth remote but it will not pair with the box. Any advice would be appreciated or can you recommend a remote where the power button works properly.
                        many thanks
                        I'm using the original remote that came with the box, I've also noticed that the power button needs to be pressed several times before it picks up the power on signal. I think that the box enters low power on usb port after shutting down, so you need to be close to the box when trying to turn it on. Maybe you can try with fresh batteries in remote and see if power on signal can be picked up better.

                        Comment


                          After the lastest oficial update the sd Update don´t work because it enter bootloader menu insted of direct firmware update,, is any other option without usb male2male cable? for the direct update from pc?

                          With twrp is easy just update with zip file, but with normal bootloader i can´t update from SD.

                          Edit: the problem has the tf card. Change it and worked.
                          Last edited by ki69; 01-26-2020, 15:56.

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Scottuk2017 View Post
                            Downloaded b922 and it works about 10 times faster than the latest beelink firmware. Thanks for all your effort. I seem to have one remaining bug which I have noticed many people have a problem with. The power button on the remote will switch off the box but will not switch it on. My remote is a G10s Voice Air Mouse Remote 2.4Ghz. I have also tried a bluetooth remote but it will not pair with the box. Any advice would be appreciated or can you recommend a remote where the power button works properly.
                            many thanks
                            Hello,
                            if you're using an aftermarket remote you would need to program the G10s remote from factory remote since the power button works with the IR to power on the device. I don't own this remote but I do know the factory remote powers the box on and off just fine.
                            Thank you,

                            Alvatech

                            Comment


                              Hi
                              Yes thanks for that ,yes it seems I will buy an original beelink remote as no others will work because it needs to read the codes from the original remote. I have seen a screenshot of a meassage that keeps coming up every now and again. How can I fix what is wrong as I have no idea what it means.Click image for larger version

Name:	1580210992071.jpg
Views:	318
Size:	108.6 KB
ID:	796553
                              Attached Files

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X