This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Renixo View Post
    Thanks and great work but the status bar problem remains, which for me is a fundamental defect to be solved absolutely.. !
    Hi!....whats that problem that you mention?

Comment

Originally posted by ALVATECH View Post

Hello,
      I will be releasing another ROM with the latest version available from Beelink as a base for the ROM. Also the sound issue with Netflix should get fixed too. I plan on releasing one for the newer SN: B922 and also for boxes with the other serial numbers . This ROM was based off of an older ROM at the time when this ROM was made the newer Beelink ROM wasn't available yet. I've been pretty busy lately but I will try to release something very soon hopefully.
      Thank you,

Alvatech
      Great Rom (v1.1B Sn 922x) so far, have not had any problems at all. Notifications still don't work but that's no big deal.

Comment

is it possible to install future rom updates via twrp or is ota update supported? Is it possible to install magiusk after the rom?
        Have the original firmware bugs been fixed?
        Status bar not working (it is not possible to click on the icons), gps cannot be activated, dark theme cannot be activated in the screen settings.
        Last edited by damians; 07-28-2019, 08:53.

Comment

I cannot get magisk to work. I've tried installing the apk - it just hangs indefinitely when launched.

I then tried installing the .zip file. It works, BUT, it kills root access! Without root, magisk is useless. What's worse, it's impossible to enter TWRP after this. The only way I found to get root back was to re-flash and start clean.

Would be nice to get magisk working but for now the ROM is stable and seems to do everything an android box should do except play netflix above 480p. And that's a bee-link issue.

Comment

Is this rom already pre-rotated with supersu?
            future updates How do they install?
            Inviato dal mio MI 8 utilizzando Tapatalk

Comment

TWRP is simple. Google it if you dont know hoe to use for rom ipdate
              Why want magisk when rom pre rooted. How much you expect a developer to offer on a custom rom v1.1 which is way better than the stock rom. Its a generic rom which will meet most peoples requirement but not all. Be happy with someones work uou get the benifits for free. You want something specific think of donation

Comment

I repeat the question, the updates of this Rom How do they install? With TWRP or via Ota?
                I know that the TWRP is simple, I use it every week to install the update on my Xiaomi mi 8 of the Rom xiaomi.eu weekly.
                I asked if I could install magisk because I didn't know if the ROM was pre-rotated because in the explanations it doesn't say.
                Also I want to know if the original Rom bugs have been fixed.
                (Status bar not working it is not possible to click on the icons), gps cannot be activated, dark theme cannot be activated in the screen settings).

Inviato dal mio MI 8 utilizzando Tapatalk

Comment

Try installing it - testng it for your specific requiements then ask the questions. Its better than stock so you lose nothing

Comment

Hello,
                    I was out for the weekend and haven't had time to respond. Here is a little more information for those who need it.

TWRP is installed on these 2 ROM's. I've also mentioned on the first post that this is based off of the latest firmware from Beelink at the time of writing. So yes it is rooted still since the factory ROM is rooted. Just an FYI it seems like so far all Android ROM's from Beelink come pre-rooted already. There is also only so much on bugs that I have fixed and or have time to work on. Usually ROM's for these types of boxes here on this forum don't get weekly updates like other types of devices such as android phones. I release ROM's as time permits and sometimes release patches and or full ROM images depending on the situation. Most of us here are a one man team, so there is only so much time we have to work on these boxes. Also of course we all have a personal life and we don't get paid to do any of this so we do this on our own free / spare time to help out the community and to try to make a better android box experience for all users.

As for the icons that can't be dragged and dropped this is usually a launcher issue since some other home launchers work just fine, this has been going on since Android 8 on these type of boxes (not sure if it's a Android OS / Amlogic issue or just a home launcher app issue). Now as for the top status bar, I haven't had time to install and or even look into the SDK from Beelink since this is gonna take a lot of my time that I don't have at the moment to get started up. I feel if the status bar issue was such an easy fix that Beelink themselves would've had this fixed by now. If it doesn't get fixed soon then if I get some more spare time I may look into it. I have a lot of other side projects that I'm working on at the moment and I also get a lot of PM's (Private Messages) from other users that you guys don't see and I try to help them out as much as I can too. I'm pretty sure Beelink knows about the status bar issue and will eventually get this fixed, so please be patient. Maybe another developer with more time can figure something out. I'm thinking Beelink has an issue with something in their framework and or the SystemUI but I wouldn't know without looking into their source.

I want to thank everyone here for all their support and positive feedback. I also want to thank everyone for their donations, I really appreciate that.
                    Thank you,

Alvatech

Comment

ALVATECH your the best!
                      I don't even have this box.. yet.
                      but your efforts and willingness to share your skills, may be the determining factor in making a buying decision. many kudos to you, FT is lucky for your presence. - tj

** damians, I think doesn't know what to do with a img file, maybe?
                      I would like to know if you are planning to provide SD card versions (ota) of your work?
                      ​​​​​​... also, is this a fair time consuming process? or more of a way to separate the men from the pc noobs? lol
                      Kris....don't forget my boxes! Okay?

Comment

Originally posted by ClarkKent View Post
                        ALVATECH your the best!
                        I don't even have this box.. yet.
                        but your efforts and willingness to share your skills, may be the determining factor in making a buying decision. many kudos to you, FT is lucky for your presence. - tj

** damians, I think doesn't know what to do with a img file, maybe?
                        I would like to know if you are planning to provide SD card versions (ota) of your work?
                        ​​​​​​... also, is this a fair time consuming process? or more of a way to separate the men from the pc noobs? lol
                        Hello,
                        Thank you for all those positive vibes, much appreciated.
                        As for OTA's it's more work for sure. But part of the reason I don't like to do this is because sometimes with OTA's issues may arise in the OS since it obtains all your current data and sometimes this can interfere with the way the OTA / OS acts. So for the most part I feel it's always best to start with a fresh install to eliminate any issues when there's an update. I'm always reading in different forums about how people are having different issues and then when they finally re-flash their box, they find out everything is now working the way it's suppose to. This makes us look bad too, thinking we didn't do something right or something else is wrong. I will try to update the first post with more details on how to flash the ROM for those who may need it.
                        Thank you,

Alvatech
                        Last edited by ALVATECH; 07-29-2019, 22:24.

Comment

I really appreciate the more complete answer, I wondered just how much more was involved. Now I've had some issues with some roms, but highly reluctant to say it had to do with the ota file.
                          I felt in those cases it was more the beelink or mecool SDK. And the roms were coming from Finless, and Chad Magendez. Never had a problem with TWRP, I think it's worked first time every time for me.
                          In either case it's not the flashing, although it looks like an insane amount of struggling goes on with it. It's just the fact that I don't have a PC, and I hate pcs.
                          Born in the Mac era, point it and say do, and it's done. So I know I'll have to get one, and learn. But my success with SD cards and TWRP, makes me cringe every time I think about it.
                          I did spend several hours trying to flash my rooted phone. I gave up just before becoming suicidal.
                          Again thanks for the hard work, and the knowledge you share... We are all better for.
                          Kris....don't forget my boxes! Okay?

Comment

Great work. But i hope that you in the next firmaware version (for B922) could fix the ethernet no Lan Bug. Is really a disapointment to ger a box wit 1Gb ethernet and only work with Wi-fi

Comment

Originally posted by ki69 View Post
                              Great work. But i hope that you in the next firmaware version (for B922) could fix the ethernet no Lan Bug. Is really a disapointment to ger a box wit 1Gb ethernet and only work with Wi-fi
                              Hello,
                              I haven't had any issues with the Ethernet connection, but it could be something with the SN:B922 boxes. Maybe someone else can verify. I plug in the Ethernet cable into my box and turn off the WiFi and everything seems to download and stream fine on my end. But I will see if I can get a SN:B922 box soon.
                              Thank you,

Alvatech

Comment

Originally posted by ALVATECH View Post

Hello,
                                I haven't had any issues with the Ethernet connection, but it could be something with the SN:B922 boxes. Maybe someone else can verify. I plug in the Ethernet cable into my box and turn off the WiFi and everything seems to download and stream fine on my end. But I will see if I can get a SN:B922 box soon.
                                Thank you,

Alvatech
                                Avatech, thank you very mutch for your comment.

I has decided to return my box, and installed the latest oficial firmware, and had a crazy idea to triyed with a powerline i have to a far division of my house.

I conect the cable and start the box. The i go to android network options (with wifi also disconected) and even with the logo of initial screen with (lan with blue enable) inside the menus it says Ethernet disable ( but i get IP adress and MAc adress) and eveything is working, with and witouth VPN enabled.

So this is really a strange bug. I changed cat 5e and cat 6 cables, but none of them work conectiong the box direct do router or with neatgear gigabit switch, but when i use is with powerline it works (I have a 300mbs powerline) of course i can?t get the full Gigabit velocity, but at least LAN/ethernet works, even if says disable.

Maybe this can do to any improvement int he next firmware. I cheke that the Ethernet Lan bug has not the forst time to show up in Beeling firmwares. But the i think that people stop complaining after getting costum firmwares that fixed that or after the return of the Android box.

Comment

Working...
                                X