Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, I'm not sure if this is an Alvatech rom issue, or coming from Beelink....

I have this box set up in a vehicle for a car-computer, to run maps, stream audio, etc. I have an issue where a system sound will lower the volume of any media playing, but the volume level will not return until the next song plays. A good example is when voice guidance for maps comes on to announce an upcoming turn. The volume of media will decrease, and the voice guidance will be at the set volume. After the voice stops, the media stays at the muted volume. When I advance to the next track, the volume level of the music returns.

Does anyone have an idea to fix this? What parameter would cause this?

Last edited by TraxtarXKR; 11-12-2019, 19:19.

Comment

cmf does the king has root switch in menu? I thought it did...
      Have you enabled "ROOT" there?
      if so, toggle off and reboot, toggle on and reboot. wipe Dalvik Cache from twrp, or titanium BkUp...? 
      Kris....don't forget my boxes! Okay?

Comment

ClarkKent
         There's no root switch. And when flashing magisk in TWRP it will break all root and we will require you to reflash the ROM from scratch. 

Turns out magisk is not supported on this box .

Comment

Originally posted by syked69 View Post
          ClarkKent
          Turns out magisk is not supported on this box .
          That... I fully believe. it happens. 

Comment

Originally posted by TraxtarXKR View Post
            So, I'm not sure if this is an Alvatech rom issue, or coming from Beelink....

I have this box set up in a vehicle for a car-computer, to run maps, stream audio, etc. I have an issue where a system sound will lower the volume of any media playing, but the volume level will not return until the next song plays. A good example is when voice guidance for maps comes on to announce an upcoming turn. The volume of media will decrease, and the voice guidance will be at the set volume. After the voice stops, the media stays at the muted volume. When I advance to the next track, the volume level of the music returns.

Does anyone have an idea to fix this? What parameter would cause this?

https://youtu.be/1uhc2uPiqjY
            Have you turned the volume up all the way for notifications in the white setting screen?

Which media player are you using?

I've tested playing music with Youtube and with FX explorer whilst Waze and Google maps are running and don't seem to have the problem when voice navigation comes on.

Comment

Have you turned the volume up all the way for notifications in the white setting screen?

Which media player are you using?

I've tested playing music with Youtube and with FX explorer whilst Waze and Google maps are running and don't seem to have the problem when voice navigation comes on.
              Yes, volume for both media and notifications is max. Should that make a difference? Whatever code tells the volume to decrease for notifications, doesn't tell it to resume after the notification is complete. When the next track plays, media volume level is restored.

Media player is pandora streaming, but it happens with all media players. It would be interesting if you could replicate it. I've had this issue on 901PO, 903PO, Alvatech v2.0, and now Alvatech 3.1B.

This is on a brand new fresh install. I've only installed pandora and waze. All other apps are baked into the rom.

Does everyone else hear a chime when the box connects to a device? It seems like a 3rd party sound, and I've only heard it on this beelink box.

Comment

TraxtarXKR 
                I can't reproduce the problem even with Pandora. However My tv box is connected to my tv and using HDMI
                Are you connected via the aux cable in your car? 

The chime is a default notification sound and we can't change it. I get it when I connect to vpn or download stuff

Btw We should post in the general thread about this box because this isn't actually firmware related.

Comment

TraxtarXKR?
                  I can't reproduce the problem even with Pandora. However My tv box is connected to my tv and using HDMI
                  Are you connected via the aux cable in your car??

The chime is a default notification sound and we can't change it. I get it when I connect to vpn or download stuff

Btw We should post in the general thread about this box because this isn't actually firmware related.

?
                  Understood. I honestly wasn't sure if this volume issue was directly related to the ROM or an underlying issue with Beelink firmware. Also unsure if it's something that can be fixed by a ROM, just due to my own ignorance. Thanks very much.

Comment

help exit Noise suppression.Thank you

Comment

I was trying to clean up the stock image for this box but when I repack with Ricky's Customization Tool the logo gets a green shade then about 15 to 20 seconds later it reboots and continues to loop. I narrowed it down to the system partition which must not be packing right with the make_ext4fs.exe from anpaza on github. I replaced all other files in level1 with the ones from stock and just the repacked system partition and the issue still occurs.

Are you using aml_image_v2_packer under linux to repack or did you get it working with Customization Tool?
                      Last edited by atvbca; 11-14-2019, 17:41.

Comment

Originally posted by atvbca View Post
                        I was trying to clean up the stock image for this box but when I repack with Ricky's Customization Tool the logo gets a green shade then about 15 to 20 seconds later it reboots and continues to loop. I narrowed it down to the system partition which must not be packing right with the make_ext4fs.exe from anpaza on github. I replaced all other files in level1 with the ones from stock and just the repacked system partition and the issue still occurs.

Are you using aml_image_v2_packer under linux to repack or did you get it working with Customization Tool?
                        Hello,
                        Since this is off subject to this ROM, if you like you can PM (Private Message) me and I can see what I can help you with.
                        Thank you,

Alvatech.

Comment

Has anyone been able to use root or install super su without bricking the device?
                          I have tried super su 2.82. It ends up with error "su binary occupied".
                          Super su 2.79 asks to update binary and on updating the same the device gets bricked.
                          Another ROM named Volksware have root access with pre-installed super su.
                          But with this ROM I am unable to find any way to access the root even though the device is pre rooted.
                          Any help in this regard from the developers or the users would be much appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by alok.droid View Post
                            Has anyone been able to use root or install super su without bricking the device?
                            I have tried super su 2.82. It ends up with error "su binary occupied".

Any help in this regard from the developers or the users would be much appreciated.
                            2.79 is accepted by the box, anything above that is a Brick. Pretty sure....just the way it is

Comment

Originally posted by ClarkKent View Post
                              cmf? does the king has root switch in menu? I thought it did...
                              Have you enabled "ROOT" there?
                              if so, toggle off and reboot, toggle on and reboot. wipe Dalvik Cache from twrp, or titanium BkUp...?? 
                              Hi ClarkKent!

As Syked said, no ROOT menu around!

And as Syked also noted, installing Magisk will break root. So seems it's not supported here. Perhaps early version do. I'm only try the last one.

Guest, after flash Magisk with TWRP without any problem, and then install Magisk Manage APK, it's says that Magisk is not installed also. Did You see the same? So Magisk is not supported here.

Perhaps Alva have a new idea to support it in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by ClarkKent View Post

2.79 is accepted by the box, anything above that is a Brick. Pretty sure....just the way it is
                                Even super su 2.79 prompts to update su binary and after updating binary the device gets bricked. So, as far as I know no version is supported as of now.

Comment

Working...
                                X