This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alvatech

All firmware is 906 is not working voice dialing, the keyboard Yandex or google, whatever.Tried on 3 remotes with voice. Typing on the keyboard is tedious, I use my voice to type. Yandex keyboard or google keyboard.
    Last edited by dutch_; 11-17-2019, 13:44.

Comment

• ALVATECH
      ALVATECH commented
      Editing a comment
      I have my box with voice remote working not sure why it's not working for you. If you like you can PM (Private Message) me with some more info and I would be glad to help out.
      Thank you,

Alvatech

Originally posted by cmf View Post

Hi ClarkKent!

As Syked said, no ROOT menu around!

And as Syked also noted, installing Magisk will break root. So seems it's not supported here. Perhaps early version do. I'm only try the last one.

Guest, after flash Magisk with TWRP without any problem, and then install Magisk Manage APK, it's says that Magisk is not installed also. Did You see the same? So Magisk is not supported here.

Perhaps Alva have a new idea to support it in the future.

?
    Yes I tried it and had the same outcome. Magisk definitely not supported on our box and there's a seperate thread about it

Comment

Originally posted by cmf View Post

Hi ClarkKent!

As Syked said, no ROOT menu around!

And as Syked also noted, installing Magisk will break root. So seems it's not supported here. Perhaps early version do. I'm only try the last one.

Guest, after flash Magisk with TWRP without any problem, and then install Magisk Manage APK, it's says that Magisk is not installed also. Did You see the same? So Magisk is not supported here.

Perhaps Alva have a new idea to support it in the future.

?
      Hello everyone,
      I've been extremely busy the last few days. Sorry for not chiming in earlier. My weekends are usually family time so I don't really do much with these boxes over the weekend. I have also been busy with other things. So first things first, I had mentioned in the past that Magisk isn't working with these custom ROM's and that you can try to get a hold of the developers of Magisk on the XDA forum directly. You can try to ask them questions and see if they have any progress. From what I heard last they are aware of the problem and that they are working on something. I don't have anything to do with Magisk so please ask on the appropriate forum. I have also seen people asking for SuperSu, not sure why it's needed since the ROM is already rooted and if you set permissions in such app like Xplore file manager you should be able to modify all files as needed. Now if there is some sort of interest then I can maybe try to find some time to make a patch that you can run through TWRP to install SuperSu into my ROM's. I don't see a reason but if it's really needed I might try to make one with time. I have been extremely busy like I've mentioned so I can't give you a time frame. So if it looks like you guys are wanting it I can try to make it.
      Thank you,

Alvatech

Comment

ALVATECH I guess people want magisk or SuperSU to be able grant SU to some apps but restrict it from other apps.

Either way just want to say thanks for a great rom...I personally thinks yours is the best out there for this box.

Comment

Originally posted by ALVATECH View Post

Hello,
          Since this is off subject to this ROM, if you like you can PM (Private Message) me and I can see what I can help you with.
          Thank you,

Alvatech.
          HI, know your busy, but will your (GT king AT 3.1B) work on the X88 King box.....looks like the same box.

Comment

Hello,

Is it possible to connect dualshock 4?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by raruba View Post

HI, know your busy, but will your (GT king AT 3.1B) work on the X88 King box.....looks like the same box.
              Hello,
              I'm sorry but I don't know since I don't own that box. Maybe if someone else has this box they might be able to answer this question. You might need to try at your own risk. If you do, please let us know if it worked for you.
              Thank you,

Alvatech

Originally posted by Maalvi View Post
              Hello,

Is it possible to connect dualshock 4?

Thanks
              Hello,
              I do know that there is only certain PS4 controllers that work, I'm thinking it was the newer ones and I think they only work with a USB cable connected. I don't think they work through Bluetooth on these type of Android 9 Custom ROM's.
              Thank you,

Alvatech

Comment

Stupid question, and sorry if it's already been asked. 

I noticed that you added android tv remote support, am I to beilieve the generic one from the playstore?

It currently doesn't work on the box with stick beelink Rom, and since I'll be flashing to alvatech on the weekend, would be a cool perk. 

Also, since I've only ever flashed boxes with nothing on them, do you lose all apps/data when flashing? 

Thanks in advance! 

Comment

Originally posted by raruba View Post

Some hardware looks different on this box and they're not identical. 

It could brick your box so have original firmware on hand 

Comment

Originally posted by Cafpy90 View Post

Also, since I've only ever flashed boxes with nothing on them, do you lose all apps/data when flashing?? 

Thanks in advance!? 
                    Yes flashing this firmware erases your box. 

Comment

Originally posted by syked69 View Post

Yes flashing this firmware erases your box.? 
                      Thank you! 

Comment

Hello,
                        I'm sorry but I don't know since I don't own that box. Maybe if someone else has this box they might be able to answer this question. You might need to try at your own risk. If you do, please let us know if it worked for you.
                        Thank you,

Alvatech

Hello,
                        I do know that there is only certain PS4 controllers that work, I'm thinking it was the newer ones and I think they only work with a USB cable connected. I don't think they work through Bluetooth on these type of Android 9 Custom ROM's.
                        Thank you,

Alvatech
                        Just did the test with the dualshock v2 and it works.
                        thank you for the assist

Comment

Hello everyone,
                          I have now updated the GT-King & GT-King Pro ROM's. There was an issue with the mic not working in certain areas throughout the Android OS. I also went ahead and updated some Gapps & other applications on the ROM while I was at it. Also for those who had the GT-King Pro and your box wasn't shutting off, it should now shutdown properly. There is now another variant of the GT-King Pro so I made a separate ROM for that one too. I want to thank clarkss12 & @dutch_for helping out with some testing of the new ROM's.
                          Thank you again,

Alvatech

Comment

I have also seen people asking for SuperSu, not sure why it's needed since the ROM is already rooted and if you set permissions in such app like Xplore file manager you should be able to modify all files as needed. Now if there is some sort of interest then I can maybe try to find some time to make a patch that you can run through TWRP to install SuperSu into my ROM's. I don't see a reason but if it's really needed I might try to make one with time. I have been extremely busy like I've mentioned so I can't give you a time frame. So if it looks like you guys are wanting it I can try to make it.
                            Hi, we are all waiting for the patch to install SuperSU. Thanks you're the best

Comment

Hello everyone,
                              I've been extremely busy the last few days. Sorry for not chiming in earlier. My weekends are usually family time so I don't really do much with these boxes over the weekend. I have also been busy with other things. So first things first, I had mentioned in the past that Magisk isn't working with these custom ROM's and that you can try to get a hold of the developers of Magisk on the XDA forum directly. You can try to ask them questions and see if they have any progress. From what I heard last they are aware of the problem and that they are working on something. I don't have anything to do with Magisk so please ask on the appropriate forum. I have also seen people asking for SuperSu, not sure why it's needed since the ROM is already rooted and if you set permissions in such app like Xplore file manager you should be able to modify all files as needed. Now if there is some sort of interest then I can maybe try to find some time to make a patch that you can run through TWRP to install SuperSu into my ROM's. I don't see a reason but if it's really needed I might try to make one with time. I have been extremely busy like I've mentioned so I can't give you a time frame. So if it looks like you guys are wanting it I can try to make it.
                              Thank you,

Alvatech
                              Hi Alva, take your time! Family and Job has priority!!! I'm greatefull with this gift You give us.

I'm in no need to use Magisk, only for one of my local IP App that validates the ROM and says it's a modified one. But is not your ROM, with the original one I has have the same advice.

I',m wondering if there is a switch in this ROM that can mask ROOT. I asked it at beelink's forums, and moredator says "NO, ROMs originals comes ROOTED, and can't be masked."

I'm a noob here, and perhaps what I said here is terrible stuppid, just wondering.

Cheers.

cmf!

PD: Some strange characters appears when typing, anyone has noticed that?

Comment

Working...
                              X