X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scottuk2017 View Post
    Hi
    Yes thanks for that ,yes it seems I will buy an original beelink remote as no others will work because it needs to read the codes from the original remote. I have seen a screenshot of a meassage that keeps coming up every now and again. How can I fix what is wrong as I have no idea what it means.
    Go to Setting, then more setting, then System at bottom, then Advanced, then developer options, then turn OFF (show notification channel warnings).
    Last edited by ALVATECH; 02-06-2020, 16:42.

Comment

Originally posted by Scottuk2017 View Post
      Hi
      Yes thanks for that ,yes it seems I will buy an original beelink remote as no others will work because it needs to read the codes from the original remote. I have seen a screenshot of a message that keeps coming up every now and again. How can I fix what is wrong as I have no idea what it means.
      Hello,
      I've also seen this message when you have an app that is incompatible with your device. So when you install an app it usually tells you that the application might not be compatible for your device. It could be a third party app you sideloaded or you got from the app store too. If you download from the play store it usually tells you " this device isn't compatible with this version." in red letters warning you.
      Thank you,

Alvatech

Comment

Thank you for the excellent job...
        I would like to know if this ROMs has cifs support....
        I want to mount files from my local NAS using the following script
        su --mount-master -c busybox mount –o username=XXXX,password=XXXX,rw,noperm,file_mode=07 77,dir_mode=0777,iocharset=utf8-t cifs //192.168.0.106/openshare /data/media/cifs/openshare

If this ROM does not support CIFs... would you mind to add cifs support in the next firmware update?? It would be nice...

Comment

Originally posted by davidthecloner View Post
          Thank you for the excellent job...
          I would like to know if this ROMs has cifs support....
          I want to mount files from my local NAS using the following script
          su --mount-master -c busybox mount –o username=XXXX,password=XXXX,rw,noperm,file_mode=07 77,dir_mode=0777,iocharset=utf8-t cifs //192.168.0.106/openshare /data/media/cifs/openshare

If this ROM does not support CIFs... would you mind to add cifs support in the next firmware update?? It would be nice...
          Hello,
          no this ROM doesn't have these options. I'm not for sure, but I'm thinking there should be some 3rd party apps that might be able to help with this. I'm trying to finish off some other projects so I can try to take a break for a little while. To be honest, I'm sorry but I don't see this feature being implemented.
          Thank you,

Alvatech

Comment

Hi,

I installed SUPERSU / ROOT MANAGER as your instruction on the latest 5.0 firmware but cannot turn off root. It says Fail when uncheck the box in the setting.

B.rgds

Originally posted by ALVATECH View Post
            Extra Tips Section...

Tip (1.)
            PLACEMENT HOLDER*****
            MAGISK INSTALL & HOW TO PASS SAFETYNET.

Tip (2.)
            INSTALL SUPERSU / ROOT MANAGER
            • Download the patch here.Then put this patch somewhere you know, like an SD Card.
            • Reboot into Recovery (TWRP) by using the Power Menu App or holding in the reset button on the box while powering it up.
            • Next install the patch. If you receive an error such as: mount: failed to mount then just go back and re-run the patch one more time without restarting your box it will work successfully the 2nd time.
            • Once you've installed the patch, reboot your box and enjoy!
            Notes:
            I have tried this on this ROM only, not any other ROM's so please only ask for help if you installed this on this ROM only. I do not make or support this app.

Tip (3.)
            OTHER TIPS COMING SOON....

Comment

Originally posted by cyan9999 View Post
              Hi,

I installed SUPERSU / ROOT MANAGER as your instruction on the latest 5.0 firmware but cannot turn off root. It says Fail when uncheck the box in the setting.
              B.rgds
              Hello,
              like I mentioned in the Notes I don't make or support this app. The only thing I do know is it does function as a root manager which is the main reason for this patch. I made this patch for the sole purpose of only being able to use it as a root manager, since a lot of people have been having issues getting it going. The original developer for this app that I know of is no longer working nor supports this app anymore. If you like you can PM me and I can show you how to remove it if you don't want to use it anymore. I made this patch as is.
              Thank you,

Alvatech

Comment

Hello everyone,
                I have now added some additional information to the 2nd post of this thread. Please read all the following information from the top of the "Extra Tips Section" to make sure you understand everything correctly. All information is taken as is. I will not be custom making or providing info for any other devices except for the custom work that is currently made now. So please do not ask.
                Thank you,

Alvatech

Comment

Originally posted by ALVATECH View Post
                  Extra Tips Section...
                  Please read all the information down below and maybe even re-read it one more time before asking questions. I'm not responsible for any issues you may have with your device. Do this it's at your own risk.

Important Update: At any point in time, I may remove and/or modify any of this information. I may take down some of this info if I can no longer maintain this post, if I get overwhelming requests, or if I get a lot of users who are not able to follow instructions and understand how some of these things work. I may also move this information to a whole new separate thread if needed for other users to help as needed.

Remember this!!
                  I do this for fun. I try to help when I can. I do this on my own time. I don't have a team helping me. I will respond when I can. I have a life too.

Tip (1.)
                  MAGISK INSTALL & HOW TO PASS SAFETYNET.

This is to hide ROOT on your box & pass Safetynet and still keep it rooted. You can also install other modules.This Magisk Patch will remove some files and also install Terminal Emulator to help in case you need to reboot with Magisk enabled or to reboot into TWRP from an SD-Card.
                  DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK!
                  Hi Alva! Recently I did this procedure to install magisk into recovery as You said. All worked flawless!
                  Now I can hide root to FOX Premium and can see Terminator Génesis!

I know that this guide was take you some time to try and write! Thanks You for share it with us!

PD: May be You can patch Magisk into the normal boot partition when have a spare time? Perhaps it's stupid my request!

cmf!
                  Last edited by ALVATECH; 02-06-2020, 16:41.

Comment

just a thought...
                    Is it Really Necessary for every post to be copied in it's entirety, when attempting to ask or comment on a previous post?
                    It seems highly redundant to many I am sure... Causing the thread to grow both exponentially and needlessly.
                    ~imho ;-?
                    Kris....don't forget my boxes! Okay?

Comment

Hey ALVATECH Thank you for your hard work, its appreciated.
                      I would like to install this Rom as I really suffer from the Stock beelink firmware, its unusable.
                      I saw that you Edited the HDMI CEC, and wanted to ask something about that,
                      At the moment with the stock firmware, my box will turn on by itself whenever I switch/change Any hdmi input (even to devices unrelated to the box)
                      I hate that, any chance this Rom fix that issue or is there anything else I can do to prevent that?

Comment

Originally posted by Rico.R View Post
                        Hey ALVATECH Thank you for your hard work, its appreciated.
                        I would like to install this Rom as I really suffer from the Stock beelink firmware, its unusable.
                        I saw that you Edited the HDMI CEC, and wanted to ask something about that,
                        At the moment with the stock firmware, my box will turn on by itself whenever I switch/change Any hdmi input (even to devices unrelated to the box)
                        I hate that, any chance this Rom fix that issue or is there anything else I can do to prevent that?
                        Hello,
                        If you go to TV Settings / Droid Settings / HDMI CEC then turn off CEC Switch this should help you out.
                        Thank you,

Alvatech

Comment

Thank you for replying,
                          I already turned that off in the latest stock firmware, and every Input switching still turn the box on,
                          the only thing that was changed by turning it off is: the gt-king will not auto switch to its input, but still turns on...
                          Do you refer to your Rom only or the stock one too?

Tried your ROM just now... turned of HDMI CEC switch, and still the same it turns on by it self?
                          Last edited by Rico.R; 02-07-2020, 20:05. Reason: Added info so I don't create another post

Comment

Originally posted by Rico.R View Post
                            Thank you for replying,
                            I already turned that off in the latest stock firmware, and every Input switching still turn the box on,
                            the only thing that was changed by turning it off is: the gt-king will not auto switch to its input, but still turns on...
                            Do you refer to your Rom only or the stock one too?

Tried your ROM just now... turned of HDMI CEC switch, and still the same it turns on by it self?
                            Hello,
                            I don't have the Standard King box with me right at the moment loaned it to someone for a project they had. Hopefully I'll get it back eventually. But the King Pro is very similar and I have tried it out and I don't have those issues you're referring to. If I turn off CEC, I can then switch on the TV and it doesn't make the box turn on so not sure if it's just the King box and not the Pro version, if it's something else, or if it's your specific type of box / TV. Make sure when you're testing this you don't have any other USB devices plugged in to box except just the remote for testing purposes only of course. No hard drives, other remotes or USB devices that may trigger something. I do know that certain USB devices can activate the box to turn on. Maybe even try a different TV / brand name if you can. Also not sure if you're putting the box to sleep or if you're doing a complete shutdown. There is some additional power options in TV settings that may help out. Not sure which version of box you have there's like 3 different hardware variants so this all can factor in with different scenarios. The only thing I did was disable language CEC didn't touch any of the other CEC functions. So this might be something Beelink would have to fix if it's an issue, you may check and ask for help on their forum. Maybe someone else that has tested this can chime in.
                            Thank you,

Alvatech

Comment

Hey, AT
                              It doe's not turn on when I turn on the TV>> only when I switch HDMI inputs, (switch from the Cables to the PC or Xbox)
                              I have the GT-King SN:B922 CEC Switch=off Power=Shutdown

I was almost sure I didn't have that problem before one of the latest updates, and after trying a few Roms,
                              *Your V5 Rom gave me the same behavior (even after turning off CEC)
                              *Sasvlad V2 was the same.
                              *Sasvald V1 which is probably based on an older firmware> Solved this behavior. (even with CEC on> it does not turn on by itself. I like that it switch to the correct HDMI after I turn the box on)
                              the latest stock & Roms Firmware caused the eyes to stay red>> after a full shutdown.

Now I know that this behavior/problem was introduced in 906&907 updates, maybe a bit prior not sure.
                              What really surprise me is that I didn't find any complaints about that over at beelink forum, or elsewhere,
                              because I see a bunch of complaints over all the other bugs/problems this box comes with

Hopefully something can be done about it, by Beelink or any other, as it could be nice to use one of the latest Roms
                              without that super annoying problem Beelink created.
                              I tried to post in beelink forum after registering but it was Impossible for me to sign in (tried Firefox & Chrome even another OS)
                              I guess its a failure as this box is, I will try again.

Sorry for hijacking... maybe it will help someone.
                              I really appreciate you and thank you man.

Comment

• ALVATECH
                                ALVATECH commented
                                Editing a comment
                                I still don’t have that issue when I disable CEC. Switching inputs doesn’t turn on the box. They might of changed some things around from the older ROMs. But it doesn’t happen to me, so that makes it hard for me to know what’s going on. Not sure if you tested any of my recommendations to see if it helped, such as another TV / Brand and disconnecting other devices. When I get the other box back I’ll try it out and If I get some different results I’ll let you know. If you like you can PM me and I can give you some links to some of my older ROMs for you to test out.
                                Thank you,

Alvatech

Hi AT,

I was just wondering if there is a feature to fake the Wi-Fi connection: some apps (e.g. Skype) won't start if your box is connected via ethernet, and I don't want to connect Wi-Fi just for that.
                              Cheers
                              P.

Comment

Working...
                              X