Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could someone tell me if I have some setting wrong here. It connects to the box, checks the file, hit start, and nothing happens;

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

I shall assume you have plugged in your USB connector cable into the PC on which you have downloaded and extracted Alvatech’s ROM.

This next stage is easier if you have an assistant. Get that person to hold the box with its rear facing towards you. On the left hand side is the power socket and immediately next to that is the USB socket you MUST use.

Now, click Start on the burning tool page and have the box’s power cable in your left hand and the USB connector cable in your right. You must push in the power cable first but you MUST be aware that the green eyes on the box will light up immediately and that you MUST push in the USB connector cable absolutely immediately otherwise nothing happens. The power socket and USB socket are very close together and it can be tricky working quickly in a small area so that is why an assistant lending a hand for 30 seconds is useful.

Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by thenashy View Post
        Could someone tell me if I have some setting wrong here. It connects to the box, checks the file, hit start, and nothing happens;
        Use the SD card method. Much less fuss.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie_Boy View Post

For sure

Comment

I couldn't get it to work properly for me. But I've got this wayworking now which is good.

Comment

Hi guys. I have a problem with one of my GT Kings so if anyone can help I'll be grateful. Box worked great for some time (2-3 weeks) but suddenly lost video signal. I managed one time after that to get signal but it was intercepted. My TV recognize TV box through HDMI, I can turn it on and off (green and red skull lights), I even flashed Alvatech firmware successfully but problem remains, there is no video signal. HDMI cable and port on TV are fine because other GT King works fine on them. Reset trough bottom side hole also didn't help. Is this hardware problem, is HDMI port on TV box broken and can it be replaced?

Comment

Hi everyone,

I am a newbie here, got a very basic question as I just got my GT-King today.

my SN is SN: SB9XH....... so which firmware should I use?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by patbx View Post
                  Hi everyone,

I am a newbie here, got a very basic question as I just got my GT-King today.

my SN is SN: SB9XH....... so which firmware should I use?

Thanks in advance.
                  I have the same model and am currently using Sasvlad's image. I think Kodi 17.6 is the most stable as I have had problems with 18+ crashing while playing external media on ALL of the ROMS available. CoreELEC works flawlessly.

Comment

I have the same model and am currently using Sasvlad's image. I think Kodi 17.6 is the most stable as I have had problems with 18+ crashing while playing external media on ALL of the ROMS available. CoreELEC works flawlessly.
                    Hi Charlie,

Thanks for the reply. I ended up using the one for SN:C92X & SA9X it works fine so far, even with Kodi 18.8. A little issue with Plex as it gets frozen from time to time and sometimes it just can play large video files on NAS. Plex via Kodi seems to be fine.

Otherwise all good

Comment

Yeah me also, his Rom is awesome. Was hoping SlimBox would give this one a try also.

Comment

Can anyone tell me if you can pass CTS Profile Check and Basic Integrety Check using Magisk on this ROM? I know google changed a few things a while back and CTS Profile Check didnt pass for a lot of folks.

Comment

ALVATECH

If you build new roms can you add CIFS support and fix "IPTV rebooting" (most probably caused by Amlogic video drivers).
                          Thanks in advance!

Comment

please please please make a new rom from the new gt king alvatech and give me thus a reason to upgrade and donate again:-))))))) Your rom runs perfect and fast on my GT King,,,,thanks again!

Comment

Originally posted by matze54 View Post
                              please please please make a new rom from the new gt king alvatech and give me thus a reason to upgrade and donate again:-))))))) Your rom runs perfect and fast on my GT King,,,,thanks again!
                              WOW, couldn't have said it any better...awesome ROM.

Comment

Working...
                              X