Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Ugoos AM6 ATV_by_Sasvlad ( AndroidTV 9.0 )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The MINIX U9 and new U22-XJ has legit Widevine L1 DRM. You would classify those as a development boards.

With AMLogic chipset – Google Certified Android TV devices that all have mandatory WV L1 and HDCP...

If their locked bootloaders are coded in such a way as to to check Booting from SD card, USB and then finally internal eMMC.
    You can actually get then to boot to an alternate OS using a special AML script, which is what CoreELEC uses.

The example is the Google Certified Android TV Mecool KM3 / KM9 devices that Dual Boot Android TV / CoreELEC.

Comment

Has anyone been able to get this ROM to work on a Beelink GT King SA9X model. So far box is stuck at boot logo, any help or ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by jm se View Post
        Has anyone been able to get this ROM to work on a Beelink GT King SA9X model. So far box is stuck at boot logo, any help or ideas?
        It only works on the Ugoos AM6 devices since they have an extra hardware security chip which the firmware requires to boot correctly.
        It is for this exact reason they implemented such features to stop other companies copying their work for free which happened a lot with previous devices.

Comment

Thanks for the answer. Time to look for a better ROM for the Beelink. Thanks for your efforts and keep up the good work, time to get the AM6

Comment

• mo123
            mo123 commented
            Editing a comment
            I don't expect the GT-King to get any better software wise since 80% of all the changes Beelink made in the last firmwares were all cosmetic and didn't improve or fix anything in relation to 4K, HDR, sound or anything related to video playback really.

Crash every time I try to boot from coreelec.

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post

It only works on the Ugoos AM6 devices since they have an extra hardware security chip which the firmware requires to boot correctly.
            It is for this exact reason they implemented such features to stop other companies copying their work for free which happened a lot with previous devices.
            It looks like the AM6 is the only S922X product that people should be looking at. I can confirm Beelink's software is horrendous, if you have home theater equipment (soundbar or AV Receiver) stay away from this product.

Comment

Updated: [ROM] Ugoos AM6 Android TV by Sasvlad 0.3.4 DualBoot and SingleBoot

Comment

If I install the version 0.2.2 and after that install the 0.3.4 will I be able to install updates in the future without losing everything?
                Thanks a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by nasosto View Post
                  If I install the version 0.2.2 and after that install the 0.3.4 will I be able to install updates in the future without losing everything?
                  Thanks a lot.
                  Just install the 0.3.4 directly from a PC, skip 0.2.2
                  Yes ota updates can be flashed as updates later on.

Comment

Can I go directly to version 0.3.4 with the update to OTA.without using twrp. My am6 version 0.3.3

Comment

Originally posted by CoMMaNDeRCX View Post

Can I go directly to version 0.3.4 with the update to OTA.without using twrp. My am6 version 0.3.3
                      Yes, you can install 0.3.4 with the ota update if you're on 0.3.3 but only if you use the stock Ugoos firmware.
                      If you are using 0.3.3 ATV from Sasvlad then you can only use TWRP to update with the 0.3.4 ota update firmware from Sasvlad since AndroidTV firmware has extra CoreELEC partitions and different Google apps.

Comment

Thanks mo123!

Comment

Is it possible to get larger CoreElec partition? Addon data can accumulate pretty quickly and 4 GB is just not enough.
                          I have the 32GB version the plus model and I could use some of that additional space that’s just sitting there with android.
                          thx

Comment

Minor firmware revision looks like 0.3.6

Here we go again with Release Candidate Update for AM6 series and X2/X3 devices. Check the changelog for more details

Comment

Originally posted by Ozk649 View Post
                              Is it possible to get larger CoreElec partition? Addon data can accumulate pretty quickly and 4 GB is just not enough.
                              I have the 32GB version the plus model and I could use some of that additional space that’s just sitting there with android.
                              thx
                              I have the same concern.
                              I bought the Plus version because my Vero 4K only has 8GB of space.
                              My library is quite big, add-ons and database alone exceeds 4GB.
                              Is there a way for the CE partition to become bigger or even take up the whole storage?
                              I won't use android, I bought the device only for CE.
                              Any advice will be appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                              X