Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Ugoos AM6 ATV_by_Sasvlad ( AndroidTV 9.0 )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by M14 View Post

I have the same concern.
    I bought the Plus version because my Vero 4K only has 8GB of space.
    My library is quite big, add-ons and database alone exceeds 4GB.
    Is there a way for the CE partition to become bigger or even take up the whole storage?
    I won't use android, I bought the device only for CE.
    Any advice will be appreciated.
    You can easily run CoreELEC from a micro-sd card and it will take up all the space eg. if using a 32GB card.
    Use the official CoreELEC image from their site then instead of Ugoos firmware.
    A lightweight OS for KODI. Contribute to CoreELEC/CoreELEC development by creating an account on GitHub.

Then use the generic image and copy the AM6 dtb to the root folder and rename to dtb.img
    You can also install it to emmc - https://discourse.coreelec.org/t/how...emmc-tool/7630
    But be aware it will be difficult to get Android back, perhaps only with Amlogic USB Card Maker.

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post

You can easily run CoreELEC from a micro-sd card and it will take up all the space eg. if using a 32GB card.
      Use the official CoreELEC image from their site then instead of Ugoos firmware.
      A lightweight OS for KODI. Contribute to CoreELEC/CoreELEC development by creating an account on GitHub.

Then use the generic image and copy the AM6 dtb to the root folder and rename to dtb.img
      You can also install it to emmc - https://discourse.coreelec.org/t/how...emmc-tool/7630
      But be aware it will be difficult to get Android back, perhaps only with Amlogic USB Card Maker.
      Yes, that’s a viable option but one that some of us avoid because we don’t want any performance hit on CoreElec running from micro-sd card. Which is why the dual boot option, although more painful and complicated is preferred.

Comment

Originally posted by Ozk649 View Post

Yes, that’s a viable option but one that some of us avoid because we don’t want any performance hit on CoreElec running from micro-sd card. Which is why the dual boot option, although more painful and complicated is preferred.
        There are fast microSD cards that are no slower than eMMC...

Comment

Originally posted by Sasvlad View Post

There are fast microSD cards that are no slower than eMMC...
          I know, but I like to stick with EMMC, so I was really hoping you would help a brotha out and do a dual boot firmware with more CoreElec space I will buy you coffee.

By the way, I was using your 0.3.3 image and I installed the 0.3.4 update and now its stuck in a loop. It gets to the Ugoos splash screen then reboots and gets stuck and then reboots.

Comment

Good morning, is this rom ok for the beelink gt-king?
            In this rom, netflix and prime videos does it work in hd? On the original rom they don't work in HD.

Comment

Originally posted by damians View Post
              Good morning, is this rom ok for the beelink gt-king?
              In this rom, netflix and prime videos does it work in hd? On the original rom they don't work in HD.
              No, it's not, won't work on it and never will.
              No HD for streaming services except for Netflix 1080p in CoreELEC which can work on most S922x devices.
              If you want Netflix and PrimeVideo, you should rather get a FireTV 4K, Xiaomi Mi box/tv stick, Nvidia Shield, Roku or a 4K SmartTV instead.

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post

No, it's not, won't work on it and never will.
                No HD for streaming services except for Netflix 1080p in CoreELEC which can work on most S922x devices.
                If you want Netflix and PrimeVideo, you should rather get a FireTV 4K, Xiaomi Mi box/tv stick, Nvidia Shield, Roku or a 4K SmartTV instead.
                The only way to see netflix in hd is via coreelec? No Rom in this forum can do it?

Comment

The only way to see netflix in hd is via coreelec? No Rom in this forum can do it?
                  No

Comment

Perhaps someone can verify, but Netflix in 1080p quit working on my Beelink GT1 mini 2(Amlogic S905X3) AND my Beelink GT King Pro (Amlogic S922X -H) running the stable version of CoreELEC. Netflix WAS running in 1080p until recently, now Netflix only runs in 480p now on those boxes.
                    MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

• mo123
                      mo123 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I think only Netflix original shows still work in 1080p, the rest is either SD or 720p now.

Updated: AM6 ATV by Sasvlad v.0.3.6 Dualboot

Comment

1 comment

• #204.1
                        mo123 commented
                        07-16-2020, 08:56
                        I think only Netflix original shows still work in 1080p, the rest is either SD or 720p now.
                      That has been pretty much the way it was, but I have always used test videos, and they always showed 1080p, but no more........
                      MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

A few question LS about updating the TV boxes.. Inam a novice so please pardon if my question sounds stupid. I am quick learner though:

1. what is the best way to update the firmware? I have the version 0.3.4 (dual boot) Now 0.3.6 is out. What is the best recommended method? I do not intent to keep the original firmware that came with the box, I am exclusively using Sasvlad’s firmware..

2. Before I update, what’s the best way to backup your configuration ... is there an easy way to make a cooy
                        of the emmc module in its current state so you can simply restore from it later in case something goes wrong?

thanks for your help...

p.s I can do either the uSB burning tool or twrp (I know those are the options) .. I just am not sure how to use twrp and if it’s even possible on this box with sasvlad’s firmware.

Comment

Originally posted by Ozk649 View Post
                          A few question LS about updating the TV boxes.. Inam a novice so please pardon if my question sounds stupid. I am quick learner though:

1. what is the best way to update the firmware? I have the version 0.3.4 (dual boot) Now 0.3.6 is out. What is the best recommended method? I do not intent to keep the original firmware that came with the box, I am exclusively using Sasvlad’s firmware..

2. Before I update, what’s the best way to backup your configuration ... is there an easy way to make a cooy
                          of the emmc module in its current state so you can simply restore from it later in case something goes wrong?

thanks for your help...

p.s I can do either the USB burning tool or twrp (I know those are the options) .. I just am not sure how to use twrp and if it’s even possible on this box with sasvlad’s firmware.
                          Enter TWRP in any way, for example, from the pre-installed Power Menu program (without root it does not work). Who doesn’t move the mouse when entering TWRP - in the Power Menu program settings, assign the reboot update command to the Recovery (TWRP) button. Further already in TWRP:
                          1. in the -Backup- section and backup your DATA (only it, the rest of the sections are not necessary).
                          2. In the section -Install- - point to the file Update_AM6_ATV_by_Sasvlad_v. *. *. *. Zip previously copied to the box. (The Update_AM6_ATV_by_Sasvlad_v. *. *. *. zip.md5sum file is its md5 hash.)
                          Updating from "Device Settings" will not work, only from TWRP.
                          3. After a successful update, go to the -Wipe- section and make "Swipe to Factory Reset".
                          4. We reboot into the System, go through registration and wait 5 minutes until everything settles down.
                          5. Again in TWRP, the -Restore- section and restore your DATA from a previously made backup.

You can, in principle, do without backup and wipe.

Comment

Enter TWRP in any way, for example, from the pre-installed Power Menu program (without root it does not work). Who doesn’t move the mouse when entering TWRP - in the Power Menu program settings, assign the reboot update command to the Recovery (TWRP) button. Further already in TWRP:
                            1. in the -Backup- section and backup your DATA (only it, the rest of the sections are not necessary).
                            2. In the section -Install- - point to the file Update_AM6_ATV_by_Sasvlad_v. *. *. *. Zip previously copied to the box. (The Update_AM6_ATV_by_Sasvlad_v. *. *. *. zip.md5sum file is its md5 hash.)
                            3. After a successful update, go to the -Wipe- section and make "Swipe to Factory Reset".
                            4. We reboot into the System, go through registration and wait 5 minutes until everything settles down.
                            5. Again in TWRP, the -Restore- section and restore your DATA from a previously made backup.

Thx, sasvlad. I’ll try it. Appreciate your help!

Comment

Thank you for simple instructions on how to update.

I've done what excatly is written but on 0.3.6 (am6 Pro) ,cant pass Google login screen.Only Black screen with mouse cursor.Cant go back or anything. Just black

Then I reverted back to 0.3.4.Everything is normal.Google Sign in was no problem anymore.No Black Screen.

What could be the cause?Where could be the problem?

Thanks by the way for your sincere work on firmware

Comment

Working...
                              X