Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Ugoos AM6 ATV_by_Sasvlad ( AndroidTV 9.0 )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TrueHD and DTS-HD passthrough really works?

Comment

Originally posted by kyrios View Post
      TrueHD and DTS-HD passthrough really works?
      Yes.
      You have to change the Android - Settings - Device Settings - Sound
      Change it from automatic to Manual.
      Then select DTS, EAC3, DTSHD, TrueHD, Atmos, there are 7 codecs.
      In Kodi 18.5 or higher 19.0M in the sound settings, you can then enable the passthough options you need, after enabling Expert mode in the bottom left to see all the settings.
      Except don't enable transcoding Dolby Digital to AC3.

Comment

If only I knew earlier that Ugoos is better (in support) than Beelink, I shall buy AM6 instead of GT King Pro.

Right now I have GT1 Ultimate (S912) in hand, and can't have TrueHD and DTS-HD working.
        Have tried Kodi normal build, shitty build, and forceraw build and none is working.
        Have tried as well CoreELEC (TrueHD and DTS-HD are working) but bad thing is CEC remote is working partially.
        My TV remote can't suspend and wake-up the GT1 Ultimate (in CoreELEC). Only D-PAD is working.
        Using 2 remote is a NO to me.
        GT1 Ultimate in AndroidTV 7.0 is working perfectly with CEC Remote. Bad thing is TrueHD and DTS-HD not working.

My GT King Pro will arrive next week (hopefully), but already regret purchasing it.
        Hopefully superceleron able to release ATV ROM with both codecs passedthrough.

Comment

I ordered the beelink king pro, but as I read the articles here, I got cold from the device.

Comment

kyrios , crazyturk ,

You must have mistaken the Topic. This is the Ugoos AM6 theme. Gt-King Pro has a different Topic.

Comment

kyrios , crazyturk
              Get used to it.
              . .. Seems pretty sure, you can't get ALL the "icing" on Every Cake.
              ** For the sake of the op, and his thread... consider copy and paste your post into the Beelink threads?
              * Maybe editing the content of the above to reflect an AM6 comment only? just a thought friends.
              btw~ get the am6 pro (4g) model.
              You should not be disappointed.
              Last edited by ClarkKent; 12-29-2019, 00:18. Reason: deleted system added typos- ugh!?
              Kris....don't forget my boxes! Okay?

Comment

Originally posted by ClarkKent View Post
                kyrios , crazyturk
                Get used to it.
                . .. Seems pretty sure, you can't get ALL the "icing" on Every Cake.
                ** For the sake of the op, and his thread... consider copy and paste your post into the Beelink threads?
                * Maybe editing the content of the above to reflect an AM6 comment only? just a thought friends.
                btw~ get the am6 pro (4g) model.
                You should not be disappointed.

Does the pro passthrough the HD audio codecs?
                MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

clarkss12 I am going to leave that question to those that know. I do not, sry. I've been a little consumed with magisk, twrp, and titanium BkUp... and a "fingerprint" change. Successful Finally.
                  My assumption is that the pro will act like the 2g with respect to the codecs.

Between the 922x and Pie, I don't see how owners have adequate ram in reserve. My 2g seemed to gradually keep rising to "red-line" without a reboot, or assertive background mgt.
                  the pro is Much More unchained.
                  But, still has seen over 3g in use at a time. unbelievable to me, but plenty still available.

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post

Does the pro passthrough the HD audio codecs?
                    Yes, both the AM6 2GB and 4Gb RAM models use the same firmware.
                    In Kodi all the HD audio codecs are available to choose.

The Beelink King doesn't support all the codecs since it's not available in Amlogic's SDK,
                    Ugoos added their own code to support it and also fixed a lot of HDMI CEC bugs that are present on other S922x devices.

Comment

mo123 thanks for that insight!
                      UGOs has Really done a deep-dive with Their Flagship, it is a straight-up... Winner!
                      ~ imho

Comment

Originally posted by ClarkKent View Post
                        mo123 thanks for that insight!
                        UGOs has Really done a deep-dive with Their Flagship, it is a straight-up... Winner!
                        ~ imho
                        Apart from the new Shield 2019, this is one of the best media players available.
                        For streaming services, I would say a cheap FireTV 4K stick bought on Black Friday or a sale for $25 can fulfill all your other 4K premium paid streaming services requirements and compliment this device. You just switch HDMI inputs on your tv to switch between the two.
                        LibreELEC now also has wifi drivers for the AM6, so in future it will work much better than CoreELEC when all the video codec support is added.

Would be very interesting to see what the new ota update brings next week.

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post

Yes, both the AM6 2GB and 4Gb RAM models use the same firmware.
                          In Kodi all the HD audio codecs are available to choose.

The Beelink King doesn't support all the codecs since it's not available in Amlogic's SDK,
                          Ugoos added their own code to support it and also fixed a lot of HDMI CEC bugs that are present on other S922x devices.
                          Thank you, Mo. From reading other threads, it sounded like they used different firmware.
                          MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

LibreElec sounds good, good!
                            Any chance for....(not sure?) Manjoro? - Something like that.
                            A real lite OS?
                            I saw it run on an OdriodN2...
                            Kind of Impressed me
                            Last edited by ClarkKent; 12-30-2019, 21:12.

Comment

Hi dev,
                              First of all thank you for your good wrok. This is realy greate work. I bouhgt am6 pro 4/32 couse of your rom.
                              Paypal is banned in my country. If you pls give me an BTC or ETH or RPL adress I can send you donation.

I have one guestion. Is it possible to install magisk on this rom? If yes could you pls tell how?
                              Another question is; some games need wifi connection and I want to use just ethernet connection. Is it posible to make ''show ethernet connection like wifi''
                              I found an app for this named ''hackconnectivityservices'' but didnt work. It says ''this version of app is made for older version of android.''

Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitachi View Post
                                Hi dev,
                                First of all thank you for your good wrok. This is realy greate work. I bouhgt am6 pro 4/32 couse of your rom.
                                Paypal is banned in my country. If you pls give me an BTC or ETH or RPL adress I can send you donation.

I have one guestion. Is it possible to install magisk on this rom? If yes could you pls tell how?
                                Another question is; some games need wifi connection and I want to use just ethernet connection. Is it posible to make ''show ethernet connection like wifi''
                                I found an app for this named ''hackconnectivityservices'' but didnt work. It says ''this version of app is made for older version of android.''

Thank you.
                                How to install Magisk on the AM6

1) Under Ugoos Settings - Choose Root with SuperSU
                                2) Now restart your device
                                3) Install Magisk Manager
                                https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk/releases/download/manager-v7.5.1/MagiskManager-v7.5.1.apk
                                4) Restart your device
                                5) Open Magisk Manager and grant it root permission with SuperSU
                                6) In Magisk Manager's Settings choose Magisk Core Mode Only and enable it
                                7) Restart your device
                                8) Open Magisk Manager and under Advanced Settings(You need to use an airmouse or USB mouse)
                                choose only the 'Recovery Mode' checkbox and uncheck 'Preserve AVB 2.0/dm-verity'
                                9) Now click on Install at the top right next to Magisk and select 'Direct Install'
                                10) Wait for it to finish and then manually restart your device by long pressing the power button on the ir remote and choosing Restart'
                                11) Magisk will now be installed
                                12) In Magisk Manager's settings, disable the Magisk Core Mode Only so it uses the full Magisk Mode now
                                13) Also disable SuperSU root now from Ugoos's Root Settings
                                14) Reboot
                                Magisk should now work fully and you can hide root from apps or make your device Google Certified by using theMagiskHide Props Config module.
                                You can use a root file manager and delete the system/xbin/su file to not interfere with Magisk root.

Make device Google Certified to fix some streaming apps to work
                                Inside Magisk Manager
                                Go to Downloads and install MagiskHideProps.
                                Restart
                                Now from a terminal app(https://apkpure.com/terminal-emulato...al.androidterm) type
                                props and press enter
                                Press 1 to change the fingerprint
                                Press f to pick a fingerprint
                                Pick one with Android 9 device like Mecool or Xiaomi then press 1 then 2 again.
                                Press y to accept then y again to reboot.
                                Go back into props and select Simulate device then press s and y to restart.
                                Select all the different entries to emulate of the device, just say no to restart for each one, when you changed all 6 or 7 entries then you can restart for the last one.

To fake the wifi, you can install Xposed or EdXposed inside MAgisk Manager and then install the FakeWifi module to use wifi as an ethernet connection so games like Asphalt can work correctly.

Comment

Working...
                                X