Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Ugoos AM6 ATV_by_Sasvlad ( AndroidTV 9.0 )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Instructions for running CoreELEC

1. Download the latest nightly CoreELEC image.
    The stable builds won't work, it has to be one of the latest nightlies

I used this image CoreELEC-Amlogic.arm-9.2-nightly_20191103-Generic.img.gz

2. Write it with Echer or any other image writing app from Windows/Linux.
    A cross-platform tool to flash OS images onto SD cards and USB drives safely and easily. Free and open source for makers around the world.

3. Go to the device_trees folder on the COREELEC partition on your micro-sd card and copy the
    g12b_s922x_ugoos_am6_rev_a.dtb file to the root of the micro-sd card and rename the file dtb.img

4. Insert the micro-sd card into the AM6 and hold in the recovery button on the bottom while connecting the power cable.
    Release the recovery button when you see the red CoreELEC logo.
    This is only needed the first time you set up CoreELEC.

5. CoreELEC should now be set up and work.
    In the power menu, you can choose to boot back to nand/emmc which is Android.
    If your in Android and using the AndroidTV v0.2.2 firmware by Sasvlad, you can use this app to boot back to CoreELEC

To run Netflx

1. Install the following repo and the Netflix addon from it.
    https://github.com/castagnait/reposi...nait-1.0.0.zip

In the addon's settings you can change all the sorting methods to 'year' or 'suggested to you' to not see shows in alphabetical order.
    You can also change the min and max bit-rate and resolution required.
    You can use up to 1080p on the AM6 since the big heatsink helps to keep it cool.
    The first time you run the addon, it will ask you to install Widevine, which will download a 3GB ChromeOS image.
    After opening the addon, you can move the mouse pointer to the left of the screen, a menu will slide out where you can change the views.
    Change it to 'wall' instead of 'list' to see poster art too to look more like the app.
    In the bottom right settings, you can change the video resolution eg. '1920x1080x23.976hz 4000000kbps' of the stream if you enabled manual resolution selection in the addon's settings. Then set it as default to be always used. Choose a stream quality that is suited for your bandwith that doesn't cause buffering issues.
    You could also set the stream resolution in the addon's settings as 'auto' if you have a fast connection but sometimes it selects the lowest resolution automatically, so test what works est in your situation. You can also enable subtitles if needed, very helpful for EU, English dubbed shows where there are text or signs in a different language since that won't be translated automatically, only the audio.

LibreELEC
    I would suggest users to use LibreELEC instead now since it added support for the wifi chip used in AM6.

Use images with amlg12 in the name and check that the am6 dtb file is used in the txt file.

Hope it's okay to post in your thread since most people use your firmware and don't follow the other AM6 threads to know about Magisk or LibreELEC installation.

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post

How to install Magisk on the AM6

1) Under Ugoos Settings - Choose Root with SuperSU
      2) Now restart your device
      3) Install Magisk Manager
      https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk/releases/download/manager-v7.5.1/MagiskManager-v7.5.1.apk
      4) Restart your device
      5) Open Magisk Manager and grant it root permission with SuperSU
      6) In Magisk Manager's Settings choose Magisk Core Mode Only and enable it
      7) Restart your device
      8) Open Magisk Manager and under Advanced Settings(You need to use an airmouse or USB mouse)
      choose only the 'Recovery Mode' checkbox and uncheck 'Preserve AVB 2.0/dm-verity'
      9) Now click on Install at the top right next to Magisk and select 'Direct Install'
      10) Wait for it to finish and then manually restart your device by long pressing the power button on the ir remote and choosing Restart'
      11) Magisk will now be installed
      12) In Magisk Manager's settings, disable the Magisk Core Mode Only so it uses the full Magisk Mode now
      13) Also disable SuperSU root now from Ugoos's Root Settings
      14) Reboot
      Magisk should now work fully and you can hide root from apps or make your device Google Certified by using theMagiskHide Props Config module.
      You can use a root file manager and delete the system/xbin/su file to not interfere with Magisk root.

Make device Google Certified to fix some streaming apps to work
      Inside Magisk Manager
      Go to Downloads and install MagiskHideProps.
      Restart
      Now from a terminal app(https://apkpure.com/terminal-emulato...al.androidterm) type
      props and press enter
      Press 1 to change the fingerprint
      Press f to pick a fingerprint
      Pick one with Android 9 device like Mecool or Xiaomi then press 1 then 2 again.
      Press y to accept then y again to reboot.
      Go back into props and select Simulate device then press s and y to restart.
      Select all the different entries to emulate of the device, just say no to restart for each one, when you changed all 6 or 7 entries then you can restart for the last one.

To fake the wifi, you can install Xposed or EdXposed inside MAgisk Manager and then install the FakeWifi module to use wifi as an ethernet connection so games like Asphalt can work correctly.
      Thank you for your fast and greate explain.

Comment

Hi,
        Before magisk I can use titanium backup. After install magisk instead of supersu now I cant use titanium backup. It says ''couldnt find system/xbin/su''
        Any solutions pls
        regards.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitachi View Post
          Hi,
          Before magisk I can use titanium backup. After install magisk instead of supersu now I cant use titanium backup. It says ''couldnt find system/xbin/su''
          Any solutions pls
          regards.
          Then you probably need that file for Titanium backup and should not remove it.
          Contact the developer of Titanium Backup to make the app more compatible with Magisk root.
          There are other backup tools you can try to use.
          Let me know if it has enough features you use.

Other possible fixes
          1) Clear TB data and re open . And wait a little or
          2) Give all rights to TB. Go to the settings of TB. Diagnostics settings. Check (System BusyBox) Restart TB. And TB will see the root or
          3) In TB
          - Select "Menu" on top right corner of Titanium Backup
          - In "General" catagory, select "Preferences"
          - In next menu, select "Troubleshooting settings"
          - Now select "Force System Busybox"
          - When you exit the menu, the titanium backup will start itself.

ClarkKent Please also check if any of these fixes your Titanium Backup root problem.

Comment

mo123 with copy to Hitachi
            Thanks for the shout out...
            Migrate seems lacking to me. TB is so versatile and comprehensive (plus the learning curve), it's my toolbox goto.

- Force System BB has not been the fix, but is my s.o.p.
            - The TB dev community thread has a direct question line, and is probably the best solution.
            - imho... the fix is to change where TB looks for su confirm. This is a problematic fix for obvious reasons.
            - I'm thinking by removing unnecessary su script, as you say in your magisk install instructions... it will force TB to look further for su confirm and find it, as all other apps have.

After wiping everything, getting back to day one firmware, of course everything works properly. I'm just about done getting my settings, apps, and everything the way I want it.
            I will now do a clean TWRP data backup.
            Should I screw up in the future, that data package will put me back where I like it.

** From there, We follow Moe's magisk Manifesto, LOL, AFTER either freezing or uninstalling TB.
            Because it seems once TB looks, and doesn't find what it wants- it is locked into opening the app using same protocol... and will fail.
            - Once magisk is loaded and stable through a couple of boots, the xbin/Su script should be removed Prior to the Restarts
            - Now TB can be now unfrozen or reinstalled. An initial (clean-start) first run opening of TB is RECOMMENDED... theoretically- no additional problems are present. Reboot, Open TB and ck correct operating. Do TWRP Data backup, named as: Final TB Pak... Or other such clearly marked file.
            That's my best guess. But waiting on the TB developer is best practice.
            However I really think removing the unneeded Su script is the key
            Last edited by ClarkKent; 01-18-2020, 03:22.
            Kris....don't forget my boxes! Okay?

Comment

hi. im new here. i received am6 plus yesterday. can i flash this rom and also can i make magisk work in stock rom?

Comment

Originally posted by owhbaem View Post
                hi. im new here. i received am6 plus yesterday. can i flash this rom and also can i make magisk work in stock rom?
                Yes, all the instructions are already posted here.

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post

Make device Google Certified to fix some streaming apps to work
                  Inside Magisk Manager
                  Go to Downloads and install MagiskHideProps.
                  Restart
                  Now from a terminal app(https://apkpure.com/terminal-emulato...al.androidterm) type
                  props and press enter
                  Press 1 to change the fingerprint
                  Press f to pick a fingerprint
                  Pick one with Android 9 device like Mecool or Xiaomi then press 1 then 2 again.
                  Press y to accept then y again to reboot.
                  Go back into props and select Simulate device then press s and y to restart.
                  Select all the different entries to emulate of the device, just say no to restart for each one, when you changed all 6 or 7 entries then you can restart for the last one.

To fake the wifi, you can install Xposed or EdXposed inside MAgisk Manager and then install the FakeWifi module to use wifi as an ethernet connection so games like Asphalt can work correctly.
                  one last thing, does having google certified can make am6 play netflix in 4k?

or anything that can change widevine L3 to L1?

Comment

one last thing, does having google certified can make am6 play netflix in 4k?

or anything that can change widevine L3 to L1?
                    It'll help. And certainly can't hurt. How you going to do that? Please advise us when you're successful. The fingerprint change through magisk was successful, but didn't help me a lot. Tho I won't say I was able to fully test it.
                    Last edited by ClarkKent; 01-18-2020, 03:36. Reason: Realize that both magisk and a prop change are essentially system-less faux work arounds. - unless @mo123 corrects me. Real wv L1 requires files/licenses unavailable to us.
                    Kris....don't forget my boxes! Okay?

Comment

after installing magisk, i got ctsprofile:false
                      basic integrity : false.

im not doing right?

Comment

after installing magisk, i got ctsprofile:false
                        basic integrity : false.

im not doing right?
                        You also have to follow the instructions I posted you quoted yourself 2 posts before.

Comment

hi. kindly advise me, how to make this device detected on burning tools? i install the driver, put the image, and plug in USB A, but the device does not detected. is there any reset button? i dont see 1.

Comment

hi. kindly advise me, how to make this device detected on burning tools? i install the driver, put the image, and plug in USB A, but the device does not detected. is there any reset button? i dont see 1.
                            Install Amlogic Burning Tool.
                            Load the firmware and click Start.
                            Press and hold a paperclip or toothpick in the bottom top hole of the AM6.
                            Connect a USB A to USB A cable to a back USB port on your PC and the other to the OTG port, marked in blue on the AM6.
                            Now connect the power cord to the AM6 while still holding the paperclip/toothpick.
                            Wait for the firmware to load and finish.

Comment

how long does it takes to flash? for example, im flashing am6 .0.2.8. img. it is correct? because i got bootloop before this. it is normal stuck at 3%: download UBOOT for 10 minute?

Comment

how long does it takes to flash? for example, im flashing am6 .0.2.8. img. it is correct? because i got bootloop before this. it is normal stuck at 3%: download UBOOT for 10 minute?
                                Whole flashing takes about 5 minutes.
                                Make sure you are using a decent quality cable, correct power supply and no things running on the PC that can interfere with flashing or USB port power(power saving disabled).
                                Then try to flash again.

Comment

Working...
                                X