Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Ugoos AM6 ATV_by_Sasvlad ( AndroidTV 9.0 )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jancales View Post

I'm not so much interested in the dual boot, as I will not use Kodi anyway, so can the ATV mod be installed on the single boot>

Is there a download link for the single boot, because on the Ugoos download site, I only see dual boot 3.9.1, unless i miss something.

I see the increment file for download, can you explain what that is for. English is not my native language, so no idea what increment mean.

Increment OTA File V0.3.9.1 for Ugoos AM6 Family

Last but not least, since firmware are no encrypted, does that mean the end of custom firmwares, but is it still possible to PC flash a previous stock?
    You can only flash newer firmwares from now on, not old ones.
    Since there is no custom firmwares, it's not a problem as the manufacturer releases updates regularly and you can even contact them with bugs or future improvements needed.
    You can use the Magisk ATV addon I posted several times in the forum to install it over any stock firmware(single boot or dual-boot) then you can have AndroidTV UI without flashing anything, it works the same as the Sasvlad ATV firmware(paid for newer versions) but is completely free.

The video is in Russian but you can look at the screen to see how to install it.
    UGOOS AM6 PLUS КАК СДЕЛАТЬ ANDROID TV БЕЗ ПРОШИВКИ ЧЕРЕЗ МОДУЛЬ ATV MAGISK. C ПОДДЕРЖКОЙ ОБНОВЛЕНИЙМодуль АТВ и обсуждение в нашем телеграм канале - https:/...

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post

Since there is no custom firmwares, it's not a problem as the manufacturer releases updates regularly and you can even contact them with bugs or future improvements needed.

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

I contacted Sasvlad and he informed he has a custom firmware version 0.4.0.

Though the only reason I would flash a custom rom, is because of the posts on 4pda and also on the Ugoos facebook page, regarding network and wifi issues after flashing stock 0.3.9.1

From the Ugoos FB page

Click image for larger version  Name:	ugoos issues.JPG Views:	0 Size:	60.8 KB ID:	822553

So they expect you frequently unplug power for 1 minute to get your network working again???

Then they post in February that there will be a 0.4.0 firmware update, but that seem to have been pulled back since, because on the official Ugoos website 0.3.9.1 is the latest firmware

Some of the "fixes" in 0.4.0 that really worry me, because my boxes will be used primarily for IPTV.

2. Added experimental video codec fixes as option (playback settings):

- improved work of Steam Link video streams with hardware encoding on AMD GPUs

- fixed reboots when rewinding or switching IPTV channels frequently

3. Added deinterlacing method setting (playback settings). May be useful for fixing color jerking problem on IPTV sports channels

Maybe someone can explain to me if I misunderstand something, but why pay 150$ for a box that has all these issue, when I have never experienced these with the cheapest Mecool box?

Edit to add : What is actually going on lately with those so-called "high end" boxes?

Mecool Km6 Deluxe : I see several posts on FB and forums of Wi-Fi issues. I have had 2 myself, and they didn't see the 5Ghz signal from my router, while all other devices in the house could see it and connect. Videostrong has acknowledged to me that they are aware of the issues, but are still working on a fix.

Beelink GT King Pro. I see posts on 4pda and on the Beelink forum about similar issues with the Wi-Fi as the Mecool KM6, especially with the latest Wi-Fi 6 version.

Now Ugoos am6 Plus, again posts about network and Wi-Fi issues.

Never heard about those issues with the cheaper boxes. As far as I recall it all started with the S905X2 SoC
      Last edited by Jancales; 04-13-2021, 18:58.

Comment

it works the same as the Sasvlad ATV firmware
        This is not entirely true...
        The module is slower than normal ATV Firmware. There are also other nuances.

Comment

Originally posted by Sasvlad View Post

This is not entirely true...
          The module is slower than normal ATV Firmware. There are also other nuances.
          So how about this?

If my box comes with stock, 0.3.9.1, can I still flash any of your older firmwares, and go back to stock if I don't like, or can I flash only custom 0.4.0?

If I don't like the custom, can I flash stock again?

Comment

So how about this?

If my box comes with stock, 0.3.9.1, can I still flash any of your older firmwares, and go back to stock if I don't like, or can I flash only custom 0.4.0?

If I don't like the custom, can I flash stock again?
            If your box already had encrypted firmware, then downgrading to not encrypted is no longer possible.

Now you can only flash one of my encrypted Firmwares, starting from number 0.3.9.

Here is what the manufacturer says on this issue:
            IMPORTANT! STARTING FROM 0.3.9. FIRMWARE VERSION, ALL FIRMWARE WILL USE ENCRYPTION.
            DOWNGRADE TO PREVIOUS VERSIONS OF FIRMWARES IN OLD ROM FORMAT, WILL BE IMPOSSIBLE

Comment

Though the only reason I would flash a custom rom, is because of the posts on 4pda and also on the Ugoos facebook page, regarding network and wifi issues after flashing stock 0.3.9.1

From the Ugoos FB page

Click image for larger version  Name:	ugoos issues.JPG Views:	0 Size:	60.8 KB ID:	822553

So they expect you frequently unplug power for 1 minute to get your network working again???

Then they post in February that there will be a 0.4.0 firmware update, but that seem to have been pulled back since, because on the official Ugoos website 0.3.9.1 is the latest firmware

Some of the "fixes" in 0.4.0 that really worry me, because my boxes will be used primarily for IPTV.

3. Added deinterlacing method setting (playback settings). May be useful for fixing color jerking problem on IPTV sports channels

Maybe someone can explain to me if I misunderstand something, but why pay 150$ for a box that has all these issue, when I have never experienced these with the cheapest Mecool box?

Edit to add : What is actually going on lately with those so-called "high end" boxes?

Mecool Km6 Deluxe : I see several posts on FB and forums of Wi-Fi issues. I have had 2 myself, and they didn't see the 5Ghz signal from my router, while all other devices in the house could see it and connect. Videostrong has acknowledged to me that they are aware of the issues, but are still working on a fix.

Beelink GT King Pro. I see posts on 4pda and on the Beelink forum about similar issues with the Wi-Fi as the Mecool KM6, especially with the latest Wi-Fi 6 version.

Never heard about those issues with the cheaper boxes. As far as I recall it all started with the S905X2 SoC
              Thank you for this.

I am a Beelink GT-KING PRO WiFi 6 Owner, with Custom ROM.

you are totally right, everytime.I reboot my device I Experience "No WiFi Connectivity" .

Sent from my GM1910 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by iJunb0y View Post
                Thank you for this.

I am a Beelink GT-KING PRO WiFi 6 Owner, with Custom ROM.

you are totally right, everytime.I reboot my device I Experience "No WiFi Connectivity" .

Thanks for confirming, I read comments from quite a few others as well, which say the same.

We are talking here about +100$ boxes here, which get high ratings with the Youtube reviewers.

All 3 boxes are in the top 5 in the Chigz chart, and get plugged here as well as the better boxes, but they are full of bugs.

Network and WI-FI disconnecting, I don't consider a small bug either, as it is the most important function.

I must be missing something

Comment

Thanks for confirming, I read comments from quite a few others as well, which say the same.

We are talking here about +100$ boxes here, which get high ratings with the Youtube reviewers.

All 3 boxes are in the top 5 in the Chigz chart, and get plugged here as well as the better boxes, but they are full of bugs.

Network and WI-FI disconnecting, I don't consider a small bug either, as it is the most important function.

I must be missing something
                  I thought buying a New Router will fix the issue . (WiFi 6 Router)

but this is serious.

Will you be able to share us the Beelink Thread where you see the post about the issue?

Comment

Originally posted by iJunb0y View Post
                    I thought buying a New Router will fix the issue . (WiFi 6 Router)

but this is serious.

Will you be able to share us the Beelink Thread where you see the post about the issue?

Beelink , mini pc , Beelink mini pc , tv box , beelink tv box,GT-king , beelink GT-king , GT-king pro,beelink GT-king pro,Gemini X , kaby G,gt1,gt1 mini,gt1 mini a,gt1 mini2,gemini X,gemini n,gemini t,t45,t34,bt3 pro,bt3 pro ii,bt4,mii-v,t4,u55,l55

Scroll through the forum and there seem to be more issues.

I have a WI-FI 6 router, and the Mecool KM 6 deluxe running the latest stock firmware, would not see the 5 Ghz signal ( I had 2 boxes ), all cheap boxes in the house did see the signal.

When connected to 2.4Ghz and reboot, the Wi-Fi not connect.

When completely power off ( not sleep mode ) boxes could not be powered up with the IR remote, but had to power cycle instead

Comment

For those who think the Ethernet issue with the am6 plus is just a rumour, look no further than the Ugoos blog

Comment

Beelink , mini pc , Beelink mini pc , tv box , beelink tv box,GT-king , beelink GT-king , GT-king pro,beelink GT-king pro,Gemini X , kaby G,gt1,gt1 mini,gt1 mini a,gt1 mini2,gemini X,gemini n,gemini t,t45,t34,bt3 pro,bt3 pro ii,bt4,mii-v,t4,u55,l55

Scroll through the forum and there seem to be more issues.

I have a WI-FI 6 router, and the Mecool KM 6 deluxe running the latest stock firmware, would not see the 5 Ghz signal ( I had 2 boxes ), all cheap boxes in the house did see the signal.

When connected to 2.4Ghz and reboot, the Wi-Fi not connect.

When completely power off ( not sleep mode ) boxes could not be powered up with the IR remote, but had to power cycle instead
                        This is exactly what happened to my box when Connected to 2.4Ghz , All Custom ROMS (Alvatech, SPARTAN) its a hit & miss.

you will bw force to SHUTDOWN or REBOOT , and the is still a chance that it will not have a Internet again.

Comment

From the Ugoos FB page

Click image for larger version Name:	ugoos issues.JPG Views:	0 Size:	60.8 KB ID:	822553

After switching to version 3.9.1 I had to unplug the power cable to turn off the box and then restart to have the network again. But since then I have no more problems and it only happened once.

I quote you: "Some of the" fixes "in 0.4.0 that really worry me, because my boxes will be used primarily for IPTV."

Why are you worried that Ugoos is working on IPTV to improve quality and add functionality? On the contrary, if you are very interested in IPTV you should be happy ...

I think you haven't fully understood how a TV box works and you're a little confused by the fact that Ugoos offers a lot of updates.

If there are rarely updates on Mecool boxes, this does not mean that these problems do not exist, it just means that Mecool is not working on them.

"3. Added deinterlacing method setting (playback settings). May be useful for fixing color jerking problem on IPTV sports channels": This is an inherent problem with the Amlogic SoC, not a problem with Ugoos boxes. Most boxes with Amlogic SoC have this deinterlacing defect. This is not a very serious flaw as it is only on some very fast sports content at a certain frame rate and a lot of users don't even realize it.

See the Shield TV Pro 2019 also has a lot of fixes, that doesn't mean it's bad. If you go to the official Nvidia Shield forum you will see a lot of people complaining and yet it is considered by many people to be the best.

For the network loss, I am not saying that there is not a recurring problem, but anyway from my side after a restart the problem was solved.

Comment

Originally posted by yougz View Post

After switching to version 3.9.1 I had to unplug the power cable to turn off the box and then restart to have the network again. But since then I have no more problems and it only happened once.

I quote you: "Some of the" fixes "in 0.4.0 that really worry me, because my boxes will be used primarily for IPTV."

Why are you worried that Ugoos is working on IPTV to improve quality and add functionality? On the contrary, if you are very interested in IPTV you should be happy ...

I think you haven't fully understood how a TV box works and you're a little confused by the fact that Ugoos offers a lot of updates.

If there are rarely updates on Mecool boxes, this does not mean that these problems do not exist, it just means that Mecool is not working on them.

"3. Added deinterlacing method setting (playback settings). May be useful for fixing color jerking problem on IPTV sports channels": This is an inherent problem with the Amlogic SoC, not a problem with Ugoos boxes. Most boxes with Amlogic SoC have this deinterlacing defect. This is not a very serious flaw as it is only on some very fast sports content at a certain frame rate and a lot of users don't even realize it.

See the Shield TV Pro 2019 also has a lot of fixes, that doesn't mean it's bad. If you go to the official Nvidia Shield forum you will see a lot of people complaining and yet it is considered by many people to be the best.

For the network loss, I am not saying that there is not a recurring problem, but anyway from my side after a restart the problem was solved.
                            Thanks for your response.

Just to clarify, I sell iptv services, and my customers would not appreciate if they have to reset the box during a live sport event.

So may I ask how long ago you updated to 0.3.9.1 and did the hard reset?

For many years I have sold mecool boxes, with a custom firmware, to my customers and I have never noticed an issue with the deinterlacing, but as you explain, it will probably not be noticeable for most people.

This however would be a bigger problem, and noticeable by everyone fixed reboots when rewinding or switching IPTV channels frequently

Comment

I was on a custom firmware then 2 weeks ago I installed the Ugoos dual boot firmware then I immediately updated to 0.3.9.1

At that time I no longer had a network, I unplugged the cable and everything came back

I am using Tivimate with no problem.

Its just my personal experience.

Comment

??? ??????? ????????? ???????? ?? ??6, ?? ???? ?? ?????????

Comment

Working...
                                X