Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] SC VIM3 Pie “Normal” Debug/User Builds v5 20200210

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    [ROM] SC VIM3 Pie “Normal” Debug/User Builds v5 20200210

    you can download it here: https://forum.khadas.com/t/rom-sc-vi...-20200210/4774
    Last edited by superceleron; 02-12-2020, 23:53.

    #2
    reserved
    Last edited by superceleron; 08-10-2019, 07:00.

    Comment


      #3
      I am looking into getting a VIM3. Questions:

      1) Does your ROM for VIM3 preinstalled with FTMC.

      2) Does playback support HDR10+ and Dolby Vision?

      Thanks in advance.

      klang

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by klang View Post
        I am looking into getting a VIM3. Questions:
        1) Does your ROM for VIM3 preinstalled with FTMC.
        2) Does playback support HDR10+ and Dolby Vision?
        Thanks in advance.
        klang
        FTMC is no longer getting updated, but regular Kodi from Google Store should work great with any custom android ROM from SC. The VIM3 CPU chip is capable of DolbyVision and HDR10+, doesn't mean there wont be bugs in the firmware for proper implementation, still early days for this board. Some more info on the VIM3 can be found at www.cnx-software.com and here is a VIM3 vs RK3399 comparison: https://www.cnx-software.com/2019/07...ks-comparison/

        Comment


          #5
          Ye FTMC is dead. i dont really have the time to continue work on it... that is why i shared the source to anyone who wanted to continue... looks like no one wanted it, and yes regular kodi is good enough this days on 8.1 and 9.
          About the "2." well i enabled all in the sdk, and they are there in settings.. i just cant test it myself since i dont have any TV/monitor that supports both or even just one!

          Comment


            #6
            Updated 1? post with final v1... see changelog for fixes!

            Comment


              #7
              Hi superceleron , how would i go about granting root privileges to apps? You mention you can have su in shell? Sorry for the dumb question!

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by BrandoR View Post
                Hi superceleron , how would i go about granting root privileges to apps? You mention you can have su in shell? Sorry for the dumb question!
                ye well root for now is only in shell... if you need root for apps im trying to fix TWRP to work with VIM3, it already boots but still have issues installing magisk!
                Also VIM3 is very peculiar when it comes to recovery, you always need to load TWRP from external usb stick(or sdcard)... is how they made it(noob proof lol)....

                Comment


                  #9
                  Updated 1. post with Final v2...
                  Enjoy!

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Updated 1. post with Final V3... it also includes a OTA zip to the ones that are in previous versions!

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Updated 1º post!

                      Comment


                        #12

                        a question of understanding: will it be possible to use the current hd sound formats dts-master, eac3, dolby atmos truehd, or is this not possible under android?

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by catshome View Post
                          a question of understanding: will it be possible to use the current hd sound formats dts-master, eac3, dolby atmos truehd, or is this not possible under android?
                          no, android is not the same thing as using linux, you need binarys compiled by Dolby etc, is complex!

                          Comment


                            #14

                            thanks for the clarification. wishing you a nice weekend

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X