This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[ROM] SC VIM3 Pie ATV Debug/User builds v2 20200117

You can download it here: https://forum.khadas.com/t/rom-sc-vi...0200117/4847/1
    Last edited by superceleron; 02-13-2020, 00:57.

You are an amazing person, supporting the Amologic tv box. I follow you along with the h96proplus and now I have a gtKINg, I have a query. This version is compatible with the gt king B922x ?, greetings

Comment

• mo123
      mo123 commented
      Editing a comment
      The Khadas Vim3 has completely different hardware than the GT King, so I would think it's not compatible with other devices.

Originally posted by alexjo View Post
    You are an amazing person, supporting the Amologic tv box. I follow you along with the h96proplus and now I have a gtKINg, I have a query. This version is compatible with the gt king B922x ?, greetings
    As mo123 reply, no it wont work other than a vim3, since vim3 hw is very specific and uses a different chip.
    But dont worry, i am going to make a rom like this to the gtking B922 version.

Comment

Hi SC,

Been a while since I posted here but got my VIM3 a couple of days ago and seen that your are still hard at work making awesome roms .

I don't have a Khadas remote and cannot pass the setup screen, I have a microsoft wireless kb/m combo that I generally use for setup on my N2 and now the VIM3 but when entering the WIFI password at setup I cannot progress.

If I press enter/return it just tabs between the password field, hide password and back to the main screen. I can highlight complete with the mouse cursor also but cannot left click to select it, right click does work as a back button however.

I have some remotes from an older box and the remote.conf and rc_keymaps (Mecool S912 M8spro) but the customization tool is still not updated to unpack these images and add them in.

I've ordered a Khadas remote but will take quite a while to get here from china so wondering if there was a fix I could use?

Does the old manual method of sparse unpacking the system.img and repacking from android 7.1 work on the newer system images? It's been a while but could probably figure it out again if needs be...

Cheers, E.
      Last edited by eddiepropane; 08-21-2019, 10:20. Reason: Adding keyboard/remote brand

Comment

Do you have a remote that looks similar to this? If so, it should work on VIM3. Older Ugoos 3288 remote may also work.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	VIM-Remote.png
Views:	1003
Size:	177.1 KB
ID:	781775
        BTW, as eddiepropane, do you know Hank Hill?

Comment

ye see if you have one remote that looks like the above.
          or use a usb keyboard to get past that part!

Comment

Thanks both.

No remote like that unfortunately, the kb/m combo is wireless plugged in to usb, it is not hardwired but the receiver is plugged in to usb.

I have used that keyboard on other ATV versions to complete setup on different amlogic boxes.

If the kb issue does not have a fix then can how I unpack/repack the image? I can try myself to get it working

Comment

Some wireless KBs I have act unusual on some Android installs. I have not tried it on this ROM. In the meantime, can you try a traditional wired keyboard?

Comment

Thanks again.

I'll need to have a dig through the loft or go and buy one, I think I got rid of my wired keyboard a while back but not 100%!!

I'll probably find an old ps/2 one and need and adapter knowing my luck haha

Comment

updated 1? post with BETA2...
                  Enjoy!

Comment

Updated 1. post with Final V1... it also includes a OTA zip to the ones that are in previous versions!

Comment

Updated 1ยบ post with v2...

Comment

Working...
                      X