This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[ROM] SC VIM3 Pie ATV Debug/User builds v2 20200117

You can download it here: https://forum.khadas.com/t/rom-sc-vi...0200117/4847/1
    Last edited by superceleron; 02-13-2020, 08:57.

You are an amazing person, supporting the Amologic tv box. I follow you along with the h96proplus and now I have a gtKINg, I have a query. This version is compatible with the gt king B922x ?, greetings

Comment

• mo123
      mo123 commented
      Editing a comment
      The Khadas Vim3 has completely different hardware than the GT King, so I would think it's not compatible with other devices.

Originally posted by alexjo View Post
    You are an amazing person, supporting the Amologic tv box. I follow you along with the h96proplus and now I have a gtKINg, I have a query. This version is compatible with the gt king B922x ?, greetings
    As mo123 reply, no it wont work other than a vim3, since vim3 hw is very specific and uses a different chip.
    But dont worry, i am going to make a rom like this to the gtking B922 version.

Comment

Hi SC,

Been a while since I posted here but got my VIM3 a couple of days ago and seen that your are still hard at work making awesome roms .

I don't have a Khadas remote and cannot pass the setup screen, I have a microsoft wireless kb/m combo that I generally use for setup on my N2 and now the VIM3 but when entering the WIFI password at setup I cannot progress.

If I press enter/return it just tabs between the password field, hide password and back to the main screen. I can highlight complete with the mouse cursor also but cannot left click to select it, right click does work as a back button however.

I have some remotes from an older box and the remote.conf and rc_keymaps (Mecool S912 M8spro) but the customization tool is still not updated to unpack these images and add them in.

I've ordered a Khadas remote but will take quite a while to get here from china so wondering if there was a fix I could use?

Does the old manual method of sparse unpacking the system.img and repacking from android 7.1 work on the newer system images? It's been a while but could probably figure it out again if needs be...

Cheers, E.
      Last edited by eddiepropane; 08-21-2019, 18:20. Reason: Adding keyboard/remote brand

Comment

Do you have a remote that looks similar to this? If so, it should work on VIM3. Older Ugoos 3288 remote may also work.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	VIM-Remote.png
Views:	1785
Size:	177.1 KB
ID:	781775
        BTW, as eddiepropane, do you know Hank Hill?

Comment

ye see if you have one remote that looks like the above.
          or use a usb keyboard to get past that part!

Comment

Thanks both.

No remote like that unfortunately, the kb/m combo is wireless plugged in to usb, it is not hardwired but the receiver is plugged in to usb.

I have used that keyboard on other ATV versions to complete setup on different amlogic boxes.

If the kb issue does not have a fix then can how I unpack/repack the image? I can try myself to get it working

Comment

Some wireless KBs I have act unusual on some Android installs. I have not tried it on this ROM. In the meantime, can you try a traditional wired keyboard?

Comment

Thanks again.

I'll need to have a dig through the loft or go and buy one, I think I got rid of my wired keyboard a while back but not 100%!!

I'll probably find an old ps/2 one and need and adapter knowing my luck haha

Comment

updated 1? post with BETA2...
                  Enjoy!

Comment

Updated 1. post with Final V1... it also includes a OTA zip to the ones that are in previous versions!

Comment

Updated 1ยบ post with v2...

Comment

Developer hyphop from Khadas made a kresq file for Debug build V2 20200117, this is to be flashed using Krescue.
                        Using Krescue to flash the file to the eMMC took about 51 seconds. How fast is that.

Click image for larger version  Name:	77f04e547f4945ba295dbf2633038c0142ece4f2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	144.8 KB ID:	798436
                        Last edited by RISCy Dude; 02-22-2020, 05:07.

Comment

Originally posted by RISCy Dude View Post
                          Developer hyphop from Khadas made a kresq file for Debug build V2 20200117, this is to be flashed using Krescue.
                          Using Krescue to flash the file to the eMMC took about 51 seconds. How fast is that.
                          Ye and very fast to boot also!

Comment

Working...
                          X