Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GT king revision 922x and B922 - Ethernet Problem - Hardware Problem - Possible Fix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GT king revision 922x and B922 - Ethernet Problem - Hardware Problem - Possible Fix

So it looks like it has been confirmed that it's a hardware issue, and not a firmware issue. You can view the 2 different links down below for some more info, it looks like there might be a fix already.

Alvatech

Links:
    https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?s=&s...ost&p=87947976

https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?s=&s...ost&p=87955256

A quick update. thnks to the user aquagenptz from russian forum, e know here is the lan problem, i will post the original post in russion, maybe someone can tralnslate bettehr that google translator:

Приветствую всех!!! Ну что, нашел я китайский косячёк с портом Ethetnet. Теперь немного подробнее... Только я начал тыкать в приставку вольтметром и осциллографом как она возьми да и сдохни, как оказалось, вернулся самый первый косяк моего Кинга, а именно проблема с отвалом памяти, о нем я писал ранее. Пришлось искать трафарет и реболить eMMC, на это ушло пару дней, после чего приставка ожила. Далее проштудировал весь даташит, снял все параметры и пришел к выводу что проблема в шине RGMII (эта та что между SoC и ETHERNET TRANSCEIVER). Осциллограф показывал хорошие фронты сигналов по этой шине, но что то сбоило. Шина подключена к процу через низкоомные резисторы - перемычки, но один из этих резисторов установлен повышенного сопротивления (22 Ом), это настрожило, хотя в идеальных условиях должно работать и так. Резистор этот стоит по цепи RXC - при приеме пакета трансивер шлет меандр с частотой 125МГц для синхронизации, немаленькая такая частота... Требования к разводке платы под такую частоту соответствующие, вот он косяк, а тут дорога уходит в межслой, и обладает большой паразитной емкостью, и резистор в 22 Ом не хило так гасит сигнал. В общем хватит теории, на практике нужно заменить (закоротить) этот резистор перемычкой, на фото отметил. После этой процедуры LAN порт ожил, и работает как надо. С NAS по SAMBA качает 28MB/s, ура-а-а!!!

Т.к. проблемных боксов много эту инфу можно добавить в шапку. И да, все делаете на свой страх и риск...

Now on Google

Greetings to all!!! Well, I found a Chinese joint with the Ethetnet port. Now a little more detailed ... As soon as I started poking at the console with a voltmeter and an oscilloscope, take it and die, as it turned out, the very first jamb of my King returned, namely, the problem with the memory dump, I wrote about it earlier. I had to look for a stencil and reboot eMMC, it took a couple of days, after which the prefix came to life. Then I studied the entire datasheet, took all the parameters and came to the conclusion that the problem is in the RGMII bus (this is the one between SoC and ETHERNET TRANSCEIVER). The oscilloscope showed good signal fronts on this bus, but something failed. The bus is connected to the process through low-resistance resistors - jumpers, but one of these resistors is installed with a high resistance (22 Ohms), this is alarming, although in ideal conditions it should work like that. This resistor stands on the RXC circuit - when receiving a packet, the transceiver sends a meander with a frequency of 125 MHz for synchronization, such a rather big frequency ... The requirements for wiring the board for such a frequency are appropriate, here it is a jamb, and then the road goes into the interlayer, and has a large stray capacitance , and a 22 ohm resistor is not sickly so it dampens the signal. In general, enough theory, in practice you need to replace (short-circuit) this resistor with a jumper, in the photo I noted. After this procedure, the LAN port came to life, and it works as it should. From NAS to SAMBA, it downloads 28MB / s, hooray !!!

Because You can add a lot of problem boxes to this header. And yes, you do everything at your own peril and risk ...

https://cs5-1.4pda.to/17063321/GT+Ki...05ae87ede7c88b

In the image you can see the place were it need to make a short circuit do fix that. Now we can only wait to someone make a video tutorial that shows how to make a save short circuit in there ( I don?t know if using a jumper will work).

other user report that this affect also 922x , not only b922.

"While I studied various forums, I realized that a problem with the LAN port occurs in both revisions since this part of the board is identical both there and there. It also depends on the connection speed, at 100Mbit / s everything will be perfect, because the clock frequency of only 25 MHz."

Wait my video...

Comment

Maybe a certain batch had received a faulty/wrong component when they where being in the pick and place machine
      Anyone noting serial numbers of units may help track down the problem batch.
      treboR
      Please consider
      Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Originally posted by hungphutho View Post
        Wait my video...
        Will you make a fix tutorial???

If i understand this picture, the only thing we need to do is solder this:

https://cs5-1.4pda.to/17065531/Beeli...4622d0944dc54c

Right?
        Last edited by ki69; 08-16-2019, 10:05.

Comment

Some update on Russian Forum:

User bezik66

Today I performed an operation to bypass the sprot according to the Beelink GT-King [Android] instructions (Post aquagenptz # 87947976). Super !!! IPTV, YouTube, HD videobox, start up, channels are switched, instantly! Although the Internet 100 decided to re-solder, and the result I was pleased !!! + the author flew away !!! So it helps not only on) gigabit internet but also on 100mb too. (anyone who has trembling hands is better not to climb !!!)

Lets hope some one make a youtube tutorial with this, to limit the a risk free fix, of newbies.

Comment

I try to post this problem in this topic of Official, Beelink Forum

Now let?s see if they post it or just igoner or delete like the other times.

Comment

Hi, Everyone,
              I am one of the crowd that has been experiencing problems with GB ethernet connection on the Beelink GT King B922 box. I have been following the Russian forum hardware patch discussion, and in one of their posts, the person who identified the hardware patch to fix the GB connection mentioned that 10/100M ethernet connection should work without issues. I inserted a 10/100 switch into the hard-wired ethernet path, and eth0 set up properly and is communicating with the processor satisfactorily. In the few days of testing that I have completed, running Kodi 18.3 and Xenon 19.8.3, I am able to run 4K videos without any buffering at all, and menus are displaying without significant delays. In addition, I have run Perfect Player with a commercial IPTV provider with similar results (no significant delays switching channels and 4K streaming without buffering). I have tested bandwidth for downloads on my connection at 76Mbps (I pay for 78Mbps.....) using the 10/100M connection. For those of you who have high bandwidth connections, this 10/100M connection should offer a suitable workaround for displaying 4K streams. I will probably patch the issue sometime on the future, but for the present, this option works for me. I suspect that those of you that are getting 20-25Mbps performance from your ISP will be able to achieve similar results, for the time being. Other than the ethernet H/W issue, I think the Beelink B922 box provides a good platform for high-resolution streaming.

Regards,
              lm32692
              PS I would recommend ditching the stock ROMs from Beelink, in favor of the Alvatech custom ROM. It fixes a majority of the bugs I have identified in the Beelink ROMs. I used the Alvatech ROM for my testing.

Comment

Originally posted by lm32692 View Post
                PS I would recommend ditching the stock ROMs from Beelink, in favor of the Alvatech custom ROM. It fixes a majority of the bugs I have identified in the Beelink ROMs. I used the Alvatech ROM for my testing.
                About which bugs exactly in the original stock rom you are talking about? Could you give more informations please, I am using the stock rom with update of early August (this month).

I tried to install and test the Alvatech rom today with usb burning Tool as he inform in the 1 Page. But my Laptop (Windows 10) don't start flashing.
                USB cable is OK, I flashed already other boxes with this cable.

Comment

Hi, tombraga,
                  The primary bug I was talking about was that the location feature was disabled, and I couldn't enable it when I needed to. This caused all types of flow-through problems with Google Play and other features (like Google searches were freezing and not completing). Besides, I didn't care for the default beelink launcher, either.

Those "bugs" aside, this box is finicky about flashing with the USB port. Here is what worked for me. Download the USB flash tool (version 3.1.7) and install on Win10. Check your serial number and download the correct version of the custom ROM on this board (serial numbers will either start with 922x or B922. B922 is the later hardware revision. Both versions have the ethernet problem.) Pre-set the USB cable into the Version 2 USB port on the box, and pre-set the power cable into the power port on the box. (Only push these cables "Part Way" into their specific ports.) Import the download ROM (the .img file) into the burner software, and click the Start button. Push the power button all the way into the box. When the eyes turn green, push the USB cable all the way in as quickly as you can. The burner software should recognize your connection with the box, and burn the ROM successfully. If it doesn't "see" the box, you weren't fast enough pushing in the USB cable. Just set it up as before and try again, until it recognizes the box and burns the ROM.

Initial boot-up with the custom ROM is extremely slow. Software updates are occuring in the background, so don't get impatient. It takes about 6-7 minutes for the initial updates to take place. You should be sent to a dialog box that allows you to select the launcher you prefer, etc. You need to set up the time zone, and other setup info based on your location. Good luck, and let me know how it turns out for you. Be careful not to download the wrong custom ROM version, and this process should work for you.

Regards,
                  lm32692

Comment

Thanks for your great help lm32692 i had to try several times, then after 6-7 times it started, very strange. But ok, flash was running well and now i will test the rom.

Do you know, if Nova Launcher Prime is working on this rom well? This is my launcher in all my devices...

Comment

Hi, tombraga,
                      You must have read my ToDo list. I use Nova Prime on my android devices as well, but I haven't had time to install/config it for the GT King yet. (The ethernet testing for the GT King captured my attention.) I have some priority delivery projects at work now, so I don't know if I can check it out in the next few days. If you do install Nova, let me know about your experiences. Don't feel bad that you had to try a number of times to get it to burn properly, I had to do that as well. (It's REALLY finicky.) After you burn a number of ROMs on this device, you get the timing down, though. I would see no reason why Nova wouldn't run on this device, but you never know until you try. Anyway, I'm glad that my experiences helped someone else achieve their objectives.

Regards,
                      lm32692

Comment

I installed now Nova Prime, but the same as with the stock Beelink rom. I cannot delete or add apps on the homescreen, dont know why. I use HP wireless BT mouse, it works perfect in stock rom

ALVATECH can you tell me if i make something rom? normally i delete an app on the homescreen holding pressed left mouse button, then appear popup with delete option, but in your rom, nothing happen

Comment

Originally posted by tombraga View Post
                          I installed now Nova Prime, but the same as with the stock Beelink rom. I cannot delete or add apps on the homescreen, dont know why. I use HP wireless BT mouse, it works perfect in stock rom

ALVATECH can you tell me if i make something rom? normally i delete an app on the homescreen holding pressed left mouse button, then appear popup with delete option, but in your rom, nothing happen
                          Hello,
                          Nova launcher hasn't worked on these Amlogic boxes since Android 8. This has nothing to do with my ROM it's on all of these Amlogic boxes that I know of.
                          I don't think it's your mouse. I use square launcher now it's similar in customization options. I haven't tried lately, not sure if it works now but I doubt it.
                          Thank you,

Alvatech

Comment

Originally posted by lm32692 View Post
                            Hi, Everyone,
                            I am one of the crowd that has been experiencing problems with GB ethernet connection on the Beelink GT King B922 box. I have been following the Russian forum hardware patch discussion, and in one of their posts, the person who identified the hardware patch to fix the GB connection mentioned that 10/100M ethernet connection should work without issues. I inserted a 10/100 switch into the hard-wired ethernet path, and eth0 set up properly and is communicating with the processor satisfactorily. In the few days of testing that I have completed, running Kodi 18.3 and Xenon 19.8.3, I am able to run 4K videos without any buffering at all, and menus are displaying without significant delays. In addition, I have run Perfect Player with a commercial IPTV provider with similar results (no significant delays switching channels and 4K streaming without buffering). I have tested bandwidth for downloads on my connection at 76Mbps (I pay for 78Mbps.....) using the 10/100M connection. For those of you who have high bandwidth connections, this 10/100M connection should offer a suitable workaround for displaying 4K streams. I will probably patch the issue sometime on the future, but for the present, this option works for me. I suspect that those of you that are getting 20-25Mbps performance from your ISP will be able to achieve similar results, for the time being. Other than the ethernet H/W issue, I think the Beelink B922 box provides a good platform for high-resolution streaming.

Regards,
                            lm32692
                            Tks, for your coment. I?m waiting for a USB2LAN adapter to test how it work in GB speeds. like i said before, with powerline it works 100MB speeds without problems, but with router and swith (both 1 GB speeds) the lan don?t works.

If you in the future patch the board, please make a Video tutorial for everyone that are facing this HW problem.

People are also complaining about bluetooth, e did?t test it, when i did i will repor here also, because Beelink official forum don?t publish the post i made reporting the HW problem.

Comment

Hi, ki69,
                              I bought a USB-c based GB ethernet dongle (that works without additional drivers on my other android devices), and used an USB-c-to-USB-A (Male) additional connector on the USB version 3 ports on the box, and eth0 set up properly (sometimes) but my setup had trouble communicating with the SoC processor, sometimes giving me fast results and sometimes not. I hooked in an old 10/100M switch I had in my "bone-yard," between my GB switch and the Beelink box, and it works well. Give that a trial run, if you have an old 10/100M switch. If you don't have one, they should be very cheap to obtain. I think the problem is that the GB stream from the network device it too fast for the beelink box to process correctly (the fix is removing the resistor, and jumpering the connector, as shown in the Russian forum). Whatever, in my experience, connecting through the 10/100M switch is a good workaround for you to try. I haven't had time to test the Bluetooth. I will put it on my list.

Regards,
                              lm32692

Comment

Working...
                              X