This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post

Even the stock firmware has this issue, where NO HD audio codecs are passed through under Android. Yes, everything works perfectly, all the HD audio codecs, work under CoreELEC.

NONE Of my Android boxes running under Android passthrough the HD audio codecs EXCEPT the Nvidia Shield...... So, you may not be able to do anything about it......
    Okay, thank you for the information. So then it seems like it could be partially Amlogic's SDK at fault here. Besides amongst other things such as licensing too sometimes, and since Nvidia Shield is the only one you had success with then there might not be much I can do about it. I plan on releasing a GT-King Pro version too with time. Not sure if you have one or tried anything on those boxes yet.
    Thank you,

Alvatech
    Last edited by ALVATECH; 10-18-2019, 16:44.

Comment

Originally posted by cl3v3landstmr View Post
      First off thanks so much for your work on this! I have some probably n00b questions, since this will be my first experience with a non-Android TV certified device.

This is just regular Android with an Android TV launcher, correct?

Does a regular ATV remote work or is an air mouse needed?

Does Netflix work, and if so at what resolution?

Thanks again!
      Sorry, for late reply. Yes the remote that comes with the GT-King will work with this just fine. I don't have any other remotes besides stock remote and a Rii Keyboard with touchpad. I always use this type of keyboard since it's universal and has most of the functions I need. Neflix will not be in HD since this box is not Netflix certified.
      Thank you,

Alvatech

Comment

Thank you so much for your amazing work

Unfortunately out of the 5 apps I tried, I face issues I don't have on MiBox S or my Philips TV.

Mycanal app's free content has no sound (available on the playstore worldwide)

and MyTF1's videos are never starting (displaying the channels logos instead)

Any idea what could be the issue?

Comment

Anyone has an idea why the sculls eyes dont become red when I put the box on standby? Whatever custom rom i tried, it is the same. But the stock ROM does not have this issue. I am using rev. B922.

Comment

Originally posted by Fabrice1973 View Post
            Thank you so much for your amazing work

Unfortunately out of the 5 apps I tried, I face issues I don't have on MiBox S or my Philips TV.

Mycanal app's free content has no sound (available on the playstore worldwide)

and MyTF1's videos are never starting (displaying the channels logos instead)

Any idea what could be the issue?

I’m sorry but I don’t have any subscriptions or know what apps you’re referring too. Some apps I’m unable to test due to subscriptions or availability to me. Also you can’t compare these boxes to to a box like the Mibox S, since this GT-King box is not certified and is also rooted. At the moment you can’t hide root with magisk on these boxes either and a lot of apps with protected content won’t run on rooted devices. So a lot of apps that work on your Mibox and not on the GT-King are probably mainly for those exact reasons. Being rooted and not being certified.
            Thank you,

Alvatech
            Last edited by ALVATECH; 10-22-2019, 19:07.

Comment

Thank you for your answer!
              It's still a great ROM

Comment

This may be a stupid question, but is the UI in (this custom version of) Android TV rendered at full resolution? That is, if I buy a GT King and use this ROM, and plug it into my 4k TV, can I browse and use Google Photos and other apps in full 2160p resolution? Because, AFAICT, with normal Android on this box, the UI renders at 1080p, and only videos play back at higher resolutions...

Thank you :-)

Comment

With this shizzle work on the GT-KING PRO, that was just kind enough to show up at my doorstep? My S/N however is: 922H.............

If not, can someone point me in the right direction? I got limited time to hide this purchase from my b**ch wife.

Thank you in advance!

Comment

Originally posted by Don_Pachuco View Post
                    With this shizzle work on the GT-KING PRO, that was just kind enough to show up at my doorstep? My S/N however is: 922H.............

If not, can someone point me in the right direction? I got limited time to hide this purchase from my b**ch wife.

Thank you in advance!
                    Hello,
                    This is for the GT-King only not the PRO version. I hope to be making a PRO version very soon.
                    Thank you,

Alvatech

Comment

Originally posted by ALVATECH View Post

Hello,
                      This is for the GT-King only not the PRO version. I hope to be making a PRO version very soon.
                      Thank you,

Alvatech
                      Hello Alvatech! Thanks a lot for your work! I'd like to know if you're still working on this rom.. I don't know if it is possible to use magisk instead of Super SU so we can hide root from netflix and make it work. Is it?
                      Also, is it possible to use Google Cast in any further build?

Thanks a lot for every rom you made already!

Comment

Originally posted by marcusvpstein View Post

Hello Alvatech! Thanks a lot for your work! I'd like to know if you're still working on this rom.. I don't know if it is possible to use magisk instead of Super SU so we can hide root from netflix and make it work. Is it?
                        Also, is it possible to use Google Cast in any further build?

Thanks a lot for every rom you made already!
                        Hello,
                        Yes I'm still working on this ROM, I've taken a break from it since I spent too much time on the GT-King box, currently I'm working on another ROM for another box. I'm hoping to make one here very soon and update it with the IPTV fix in my next revision. As for Magisk this is still not working, the best thing you could do is ask for support through the forum where Magisk is located on the XDA forum. From what I hear they still don't have it ready for these boxes. Can't remember where, but I remember reading they are aware of it, I hope to see it working soon. As for Netflix no matter if you hide root Netflix Android TV version will not work with this box because it is not certified and the same goes for Google Chrome Cast.
                        Thank you,

Alvatech

Comment

Originally posted by ALVATECH View Post

Hello,
                          Yes I'm still working on this ROM, I've taken a break from it since I spent too much time on the GT-King box, currently I'm working on another ROM for another box. I'm hoping to make one here very soon and update it with the IPTV fix in my next revision. As for Magisk this is still not working, the best thing you could do is ask for support through the forum where Magisk is located on the XDA forum. From what I hear they still don't have it ready for these boxes. Can't remember where, but I remember reading they are aware of it, I hope to see it working soon. As for Netflix no matter if you hide root Netflix Android TV version will not work with this box because it is not certified and the same goes for Google Chrome Cast.
                          Thank you,

Alvatech
                          Thank you for your answer =) You're the best

Comment

Hi,

I have use your presious ROM's on my GT King and upgraded to this version a couple of days ago. When using "Smart IPTV" the app reports a wrong MAC Address (using WiFi, no difference if using 2,4 or 5Ghz band). Also after a couple of hours WiFi stops working, which never happend with your older ROM's.

Any ideas ? btw. it's an SN:922X box

thnx for your great work.
                            kregs
                            mbo

Comment

Originally posted by mbo68 View Post
                              Hi,

I have use your presious ROM's on my GT King and upgraded to this version a couple of days ago. When using "Smart IPTV" the app reports a wrong MAC Address (using WiFi, no difference if using 2,4 or 5Ghz band). Also after a couple of hours WiFi stops working, which never happend with your older ROM's.

Any ideas ? btw. it's an SN:922X box

thnx for your great work.
                              kregs
                              mbo
                              We do know there is an IPTV issue with these boxes and I will be releasing a newer ROM with an IPTV version fix soon. I'm currently working on another ROM, but when I finish I will try to start this new one. As for the WiFi disconnecting I haven't experienced this issue you mention and I'm using this ROM currently on my box. I also haven't had any other users tell me about this. But either way I hope to get a new ROM going soon.
                              Thank you,

Alvatech

Comment

I finally got to try out this build and here's what I've discovered:
                                • YouTube TV doesn't work (might be the same issue as Prime TV)
                                • Hulu works
                                • Plex seems to not be able to play audio other than stereo (no 5.1)
                                • Live Channels' Network Tuner plays video but not audio - using a HDHomeRun Quatro (audio works in the HDHomeRun app)
                                • PlutoTV is hit or miss when used inside Live Channels
                                • No IPTV audio via Live Channels (PVR Live and TVirl)
                                • IPTV works in tiviMate
                                I'm sure I'll come across more. Let me know if there's any way I can help.

Keep up the good work!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X