This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ghostbox91 View Post
    ALVATECH what rom will work with t95zplus?
    Hello,
    Sorry I don't own a T95Z Plus so I wouldn't know. Maybe another user might have this box and know. If not you would try it out at your own risk to find out if a custom ROM works for it.
    Thank you,

Alvatech

Comment

Hey Alvatech,

I'm debating on whether to flash this rom or your standard android rom.

For this one, is this actual android tv OS or simply just a launcher over top the phone os android?

My question is, will things like Emby TV and Plex TV work by default?

Thanks for all your hard work! You're the only one i trust for roms for the GT-King!

Comment

Originally posted by Cafpy90 View Post
        Hey Alvatech,

I'm debating on whether to flash this rom or your standard android rom.

For this one, is this actual android tv OS or simply just a launcher over top the phone os android?

My question is, will things like Emby TV and Plex TV work by default?

Thanks for all your hard work! You're the only one i trust for roms for the GT-King!
        It is converted into an Android TV OS so most Android TV apps should work. You will have an Android TV interface and also Android TV Google Play Store. Main limitations that I can see is things that require certification (like chromecast) or for the box to be un-rooted for certain apps to work. Chromecast will not work on this box since it is not certified. You can always try both Android ROM's. If one OS doesn't work for your needs, you can always try the other one.
        Thank you,

Alvatech
        Last edited by ALVATECH; 01-06-2020, 22:38.

Comment

Originally posted by ALVATECH View Post

It is converted into an Android TV OS so most Android TV apps should work. You will have an Android TV interface and also Android TV Google Play Store. Main limitations that I can see is things that require certification (like chromecast) or for the box to be un-rooted for certain apps to work. Chromecast will not work on this box since it is not certified. You can always try both Android ROM's. If one OS doesn't work for your needs, you can always try the other one.
          Thank you,

Alvatech
          Thanks for your detailed response!

One last question... I noted someone had issues with plex passing through 5.1 sound. Have you had anymore reports of that? The stock firmware on the king can do it without issue currently. Plex is a big thing for me, so that's my worry.

Thanks again!

Comment

Thanks for your detailed response!

One last question... I noted someone had issues with plex passing through 5.1 sound. Have you had anymore reports of that? The stock firmware on the king can do it without issue currently. Plex is a big thing for me, so that's my worry.

Thanks again!
            I don't use Plex at all and I don't have any ways of playing 5.1 audio at the moment so I couldn't tell you. But if it works in stock currently then it should work now.
            Thank you,

Alvatech

Comment

Originally posted by ALVATECH View Post

I don't use Plex at all and I don't have any ways of playing 5.1 audio at the moment so I couldn't tell you. But if it works in stock currently then it should work now.
              Thank you,

Alvatech
              Thanks man! Much appreciated!

Comment

I was the one that had issues with Plex. Turns out I had to enable audio passthrough and disable the new-style player inside the Plex app for it to work.

Comment

Originally posted by cl3v3landstmr View Post
                  I was the one that had issues with Plawesex. Turns out I had to enable audio passthrough and disable the new-style player inside the Plex app for it to work.
                  Awesome, good to know. So plex ex works fine? That's a huge thing for me.

Comment

I believe so, but to be honest I haven't used my GT King in a while. I had to go back to my nVidia Shield since there were too many things not working to use it as a daily driver.

Comment

I believe so, but to be honest I haven't used my GT King in a while. I had to go back to my nVidia Shield since there were too many things not working to use it as a daily driver.
                      Strange. Whag exactly wasn't working? I use it as my daily driver, and very few things dont work on the stock. I. E. No voice search in plex. But beyond that, it's pretty ok

I'm interested to hear your point of view

Comment

Strange. Whag exactly wasn't working? I use it as my daily driver, and very few things dont work on the stock. I. E. No voice search in plex. But beyond that, it's pretty ok

I'm interested to hear your point of view
                        • Streaming services I subscribe to - Amazon Prime, YouTube TV, and Netflix (I already knew Netflix wasn't going to work, but the wife watches it a lot)
                        • Voice input - I've tried the stock remote and a Q5 bluetooth air mouse
                        • Live Channels - No sound from the network tuner or any apps (i.e. Pluto TV, PVRLive, etc, however sound did work when using the apps themselves)

Comment

• Streaming services I subscribe to - Amazon Prime, YouTube TV, and Netflix (I already knew Netflix wasn't going to work, but the wife watches it a lot)
                          • Voice input - I've tried the stock remote and a Q5 bluetooth air mouse
                          • Live Channels - No sound from the network tuner or any apps (i.e. Pluto TV, PVRLive, etc, however sound did work when using the apps themselves)
                          Thanks for that! I literally use none of those apps, so I should be in the clear.

Thanks again man!

Comment

Thanks for the Plex info.
                            Alvatech

Comment

Hi,

Is the dual boot (system switch) available with your rom ?

I use coreelec too.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Frisk. View Post
                                Hi,

Is the dual boot (system switch) available with your rom ?

I use coreelec too.

Thanks
                                Hello,
                                I hope to start that project next. I'm trying to finish off a project I'm working on at the moment, then I'll be starting this next hopefully very soon.
                                Thank you,

Alvatech

Comment

Working...
                                X