Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by syked69 View Post

Did you actually read my post?

I've listed step by step instructions which you need to follow. I've done it and it works but there is no video of this.

The key point is that you need to load Magisk into recovery which will then remove TWRP then you have to boot into recovery and use the GT King like that.
    Sorry for disturbing you...
    as I have said from the beginning that I'm new in this kind of works....
    That's why I asked you for more help
    sorry again...

Comment

Looking for MAGISK root too. Any news on this?

Did I read right that you guys install MAGISK to recovery partition?

Comment

Originally posted by soldiaz View Post
        Looking for MAGISK root too. Any news on this?

Did I read right that you guys install MAGISK to recovery partition?
        That's right. It has to be installed in the recovery partition and there's no other way around this.

You need to make a "patched Magisk recovery" image then either boot off that without flashing it or flash the image to the recovery partition.

Comment

Would it work with A95x max plus?

Comment

Originally posted by Khaledsce View Post
            Would it work with A95x max plus?
            Yeah I don't see why not. You can install magical to recovery partition on any device where 'normal' installation doesn't work.

Comment

hi once permanently installed the patched do you have to do the pinhole after each rebboot?
              basically i want root back with either supersu or magisk but without constant booting into recovery.

Comment

Originally posted by ddogishere View Post
                hi once permanently installed the patched do you have to do the pinhole after each rebboot?
                basically i want root back with either supersu or magisk but without constant booting into recovery.
                Not possible on this device.
                boot once into recovery with magisk installed then leave the device on (standby should be ok)

Comment

Help install SuperSu GS-King. I believe the system 'root switch' is pseudo root and you can't write to the/system/bin: Permission Denied.

I can unroot with impactor app but need help to install SuperSu permanently as I believe that gives full root. I tried it with Twrp using R2-SuperSu version but I think I need a signed one for the GS-king.

Thanks.

Comment

Even SuperSU must be installed on the recovery partition. There's no way around this on the GT King.

Comment

Yes but i don't want to use paper clip every time to get root so need something permanent.

There are Roms with SuperSu installed permanently just want to know how to do it yourself on stock rom.

I believe the system 'root switch' is pseudo root as when using Termux to mount GDrive in Emulated/0/GDrive: Permission Denied.

Comment

Hi look here developer Sasvlad managed it on his Rom:

https://forum.freaktab.com/core/images/icons/icon3.pnghttps://forum.freaktab.com/core/image/gif;base64,R0lGODlhAQABAPABAP///wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw== GT-King Pro and GS-King X AndroidTV by Sasvlad (Android TV 9.0 Pie) GT-King Pro AndroidTV by Sasvlad v.2.0 with TWRP English and Russian Version based on stock

"newest su binary installed
                        installed patched SuperSu 2.82, which does not require updating".

So I'm sure it's possible just need to know how. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                        X