This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post

My understanding is that there are two versions. I am running this version >. POISONTV_GTKING_PRO_V3.1.img, for the original Pro. It is almost perfect, the only thing lacking is the HD audio passthrough, but that is not the fault of MinixFreak. Of course Netflix will not work in HD, but that is a given...........

I do suggest that the devs, add the Aptoid store app. I can't seem to get it added..........
    So does that mean rev 1 or 2? I don't want to end up bricking the thing.

Also, if you have the downloader app, just type in https://www.troypoint.com/app and it will auto download. If you don't have it, side load it from the Amazon app store, but to make it easier to search for, search 'troypoint'.

Comment

clarks answered your questions .... im just very busy at the moment 

Comment

Originally posted by Don_Pachuco View Post

So does that mean rev 1 or 2? I don't want to end up bricking the thing.

Also, if you have the downloader app, just type in https://www.troypoint.com/app and it will auto download. If you don't have it, side load it from the Amazon app store, but to make it easier to search for, search 'troypoint'.
        I already tried that version of Aptoide, but it will NOT install. This is the only firmware that I have difficulty side loading apps.
        MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

I already tried that version of Aptoide, but it will NOT install. This is the only firmware that I have difficulty side loading apps.
          That version of aptoide worked on the initial release or the first "fixed" version. I just would like to know the 1.0 and 2.0 differences?

Comment

That version of aptoide worked on the initial release or the first "fixed" version. I just would like to know the 1.0 and 2.0 differences?
            Rev 1 has 2208 MHz for the 4 Cortex-A73 cores... The Rev 2 lowered that frequency............

So, run Aida64 app and check the CPU frequency.... If it is 2208, then use Rev 1, otherwise use Rev 2.
            MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Rev 1 has 2208 MHz for the 4 Cortex-A73 cores... The Rev 2 lowered that frequency............

So, run Aida64 app and check the CPU frequency.... If it is 2208, then use Rev 1, otherwise use Rev 2.
              :::bows::: that's what I needed. Thank you so much!

Comment

So, I wiped the machine, flashed rev 1.0, which is evidently my problem. I downloaded the aptoide app from that same https://www.troypoint.com/app, so maybe it wasn't updated when you tried? They just recently switched it over from AFTV to Troypoint owned/run completely.

On a separate note, having used rev 1 now for 2 days, AFRd now gives me a black screen, and A LOT, which was not the case in the v3 "fixed" img. I turned off the BS toast thing because the constant pop-ups made me want to take my own life, but left everything else the same. Is this happening, because the newest Beelink firmware, which this was based off of, they DOWNclocked the CPU, or is it due to the ROM's overclocking of the GPU, or am I just really UNlucky?

Comment

So, I wiped the machine, flashed rev 1.0, which is evidently my problem. I downloaded the aptoide app from that same https://www.troypoint.com/app, so maybe it wasn't updated when you tried? They just recently switched it over from AFTV to Troypoint owned/run completely.

On a separate note, having used rev 1 now for 2 days, AFRd now gives me a black screen, and A LOT, which was not the case in the v3 "fixed" img. I turned off the BS toast thing because the constant pop-ups made me want to take my own life, but left everything else the same. Is this happening, because the newest Beelink firmware, which this was based off of, they DOWNclocked the CPU, or is it due to the ROM's overclocking of the GPU, or am I just really UNlucky?
                  I downloaded it again, but the same thing. When I click on the downloaded file, it just flashes "staging app", really fast. What app are you using to open that APK file?

I have always had to change settings in the AFRd app. Which settings, if any, you have to change depends upon your monitor/TV that you are connected to. Every time your media changes frequency, AFRd has to "see" what signal is sent back from your monitor/TV and make the adjustments. Sometimes i disable it.

Comment

Спасибо Вам за прошивку . С начало была проблема с пультом ,но потом поставил сторонний G20S и всё стало в норме. Протестил ...но на AIDA 64 я не увидел разогнанный GPU ,на видео вы пользуетесь прошивкой . POISONTV_GTKING_PRO_V3..img а не . POISONTV_GTKING_PRO_V3.1.img вы отредактировали и убрали ( Разогнанный Gpu)? поясните ...хотя видео прекрасное, меня интересует возможность воспроизводить 8К
                    ​​​​​​​

Comment

Can anyone point me to some instructions for creating a bootable Android SD card. I'm using macOS and I'm familiar with using bash and homebrew. I've found a bunch of threads on XDA and here from 2014, but not sure if they are still relevant. They also seem to be specific to Rockchip based devices.

Comment

Originally posted by alimbada View Post
                        Can anyone point me to some instructions for creating a bootable Android SD card. I'm using macOS and I'm familiar with using bash and homebrew. I've found a bunch of threads on XDA and here from 2014, but not sure if they are still relevant. They also seem to be specific to Rockchip based devices.
                        Can't you use Etcher which is a tool that will run on MacOS and burn the IMG file onto the SD card .

Comment

Originally posted by syked69 View Post

Can't you use Etcher which is a tool that will run on MacOS and burn the IMG file onto the SD card .
                          Didn't know about that tool. I'll give it a go. Thanks.

Comment

The download links to the ROM images are dead.

Comment

Minixfreak os remastered .... Use that now i didnt have enough space to keep poison tv in file storage 

Comment

Originally posted by minixfreak View Post
                                Minixfreak os remastered .... Use that now i didnt have enough space to keep poison tv in file storage? 
                                OK. Looks like I need Rev 2 which isn't there yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X