Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Universal ROM] GS-King X and GT-King Pro AndroidTV by Sasvlad (Android TV 9.0 Pie)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ddogishere View Post
    Anybody know how to unroot and root with super su with twrp? I believe the gs-king stock firmware 915P0 root switch is fake root. Thanks
    The root switch appears to be working fine for me.
    MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post

The root switch appears to be working fine for me.
      I can't write to /system/bin : Permission denied

Comment

Is the v.914P0 by Sasvlad version available for the GT King?I am using the earlier version currently.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie_Boy View Post
          Is the v.914P0 by Sasvlad version available for the GT King?I am using the earlier version currently.
          post #26

Comment

Originally posted by mAtvXk View Post
            Thanks. So I assume the same holds true for the version that is not Android TV?

Comment

I can't write to /system/bin : Permission denied
              Right now I am using the stock firmware Build 915PO. The "root" switch is enabled. I copied a file to the system/bin using the Xplore app without any issues. In that app you do have to enable the root access setting to give it read/writing ability.......

I don't recall about the sasvlad's 914 ROM, but I would assume it was the same.....
              MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post

Right now I am using the stock firmware Build 915PO. The "root" switch is enabled. I copied a file to the system/bin using the Xplore app without any issues. In that app you do have to enable the root access setting to give it read/writing ability.......

I don't recall about the sasvlad's 914 ROM, but I would assume it was the same.....
                I am using this ROM now on my GT King and it works great. I don't see a root button but SuperSU is installed.

Comment

What this ROM needs is a stay awake app for the hard drives. There is an open source program for this but not Android, it runs on Linux.

I have now gone back to using the Superceleron ROM as this one closed Kodi while playing a video. I'd call that a crash. Not meant for the GT King though so....
                  Last edited by Charlie_Boy; 07-25-2020, 14:33.

Comment

No I'm using Termux(Android Terminal command)
                    I believe the system 'root switch' is pseudo root as when using Termux to mount GDrive in Emulated/0/GDrive: Permission Denied.

I can unroot with impactor app but need help to install permanent root that gives full root without boot to recovery every time like Magisk. Also I tried it with Twrp using R2-SuperSu version but I think I need a signed one for the GS-king.

Thanks.

Comment

Hi Sasvlad can you pm me how to do this please, thanks.

"newest su binary installed
                      installed patched SuperSu 2.82, which does not require updating".

Comment

Hi Sasvlad do you know if we are able to install magisk permanently in twrp on your rom?

Comment

Hi my GS-King keeps refreshing to 1080p60 screen resolution even though I have a 4k tv. I do select 4k30(no 4k60 option) but goes back to 1080p60 when tv is turned off/on.

Any ideas please? Thx.

Comment

Hi my GS-King keeps refreshing to 1080p60 screen resolution even though I have a 4k tv. I do select 4k30(no 4k60 option) but goes back to 1080p60 when tv is turned off/on.

Any ideas please? Thx.
                            Is anyone else having the same issue as i am? Here is a video of my issue:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_ZglidhERI
                            Thx.

??

Comment

Is anyone else having the same issue as i am? Here is a video of my issue:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_ZglidhERI
                              Thx.

??
                              Hi. My GT King B922 have about the same issue. My LG TV was resetting to 4K 60Hz, after restart the box. I solved this by disabling Dolby Vision. I can do this in some firmware. Now i use Minifreak OS 2020 update, but i was able to disable this in others firmware.

Comment

Hi Sasvlad did u put auto refresh rate inside the gs king x? I uninstall the app version but it keeps defaulting to 1080p even though i set it to 4k30?

Comment

Working...
                                X