Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Beelink GS-King X & GT-King Pro ALVATECH Android TV - ATV (9.0 Pie)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bocster001 View Post
    Thankyou freak tab for all the help with my new Beelink GTKing PRO. I having problem with connection to my OLED 4K TV. Ive tried all the different roms available and they all work really well. But in my Droid Settings The screen resolution is greyed out and wont allow me to auto select the best Resolution or change the Colour Depth Settings. One Day I plugged it into my cheap dell pc monitor and unbelivable they worked. So it really has got me puzzled why this is happening

So I managed to go back stock rom 0905 and this time I was able to access Screen resolution and colour depth settings.

So again i got me puzzled as to why with stockl rom 0960 and 0980 again these options in droid settings were again Greyed out again.
    Hello,
    This is hard to troubleshoot since I can select 4K on a 4K TV just fine. I know if I connect it to a device that doesn't support 4K it doesn't allow me to change any of those options. So it looks like the box is having trouble knowing what your TV can support. You might try another HDMI cable, make sure it's pushed in right and or a different HDMI port. For testing purposes try plugging it into another TV / Monitor see what options you have.
    Thank you,

Alvatech

Originally posted by FenirexS View Post
    Hi, this is the first time in this forum. A few days ago I received a beelink gt king pro ordered by gearbest at a discounted price. Yesterday surfing the internet I found this forum that talked about finding various custom roms and this is the first one I came across. I installed this rom is fast and customizable. A problem that I encountered and that recognizes the right mouse button as a back button. Using it on chrome I can't open the contextual menu while connecting it to my android tablet always on chrome it opens the contextual menu. I tried to find out if there was a way to change how android recognizes the right button but I have found no way to do it. I think it's integrated into the Android system and normally you can't change it with root. It would be nice if it could be solved. Otherwise it seems to be fine. Thanks for this fantastic rom
    Hello,
    This is the way the Android OS works in chrome. This is not a bug in the ROM. The right click button on a mouse goes back it doesn't give you a menu. In order to get a menu sometimes you need to hold left click down on text to get a menu. There is an issue in the newer Chrome where only GoogleChrome v.57 gives you those additional options. You can try Firefox browser which works every time long pressing left click. This does not work like a PC this is Android OS it's different.
    Thank you,

Alvatech

Comment

Thanks Alvatech for your response.

Only using the original beelink stock rom 905P0 these options are enabled.

Any other stock rom or roms based on 906P0 and 908P0 these options are greyed out.

After manually selecting 4K output and rebooting the king pro it reverts back to 1080P output or after the box has been running for awhile it automatically reverts back to 1080P output.

Are any of your earlier roms based on the stock rom 905P0 available to download and install ??

Thanks

Comment

Hello
        I got my new box today. It is a Gt King Pro but my serial number starts: SN:SA9HHQ
        Have you a rom for this box? I assume i cant use this rom on my box because of different serial number?
        Thanks for any help.
        Ryan

Comment

Originally posted by 2010radams View Post
          Hello
          I got my new box today. It is a Gt King Pro but my serial number starts: SN:SA9HHQ
          Have you a rom for this box? I assume i cant use this rom on my box because of different serial number?
          Thanks for any help.
          Ryan
          Hello,
          You can use the C92X ROM they use the same ROM. I will be updating more info soon. I'm also working on some new ROM's for the different King boxes.
          Thank you,

Alvatech

Comment

Originally posted by ALVATECH View Post

Hello,
            You can use the C92X ROM they use the same ROM. I will be updating more info soon. I'm also working on some new ROM's for the different King boxes.
            Thank you,

Alvatech
            Thanks
            Thats good to know

Comment

Hi Alvatech.
              I have a question to ask about remapping the power button.
              In the rom there is an application called "Power Menu" where you can have multiple restart options. I thought I could remap it to the power button for convenience and have more options to choose from. Since the power button sends an infrared signal to turn off the device, I read in the forums that you need to edit the remote.conf file located in /system/etc to remap it. I noticed that it is not present in the folder so I think it had to be created. I don't know if once you do this you can map it to the app. So I wanted to ask you if all this is possible or you need to modify the kernel to make this possible.

Comment

Originally posted by KinDeDu View Post
                Hi Alvatech.
                I have a question to ask about remapping the power button.
                In the rom there is an application called "Power Menu" where you can have multiple restart options. I thought I could remap it to the power button for convenience and have more options to choose from. Since the power button sends an infrared signal to turn off the device, I read in the forums that you need to edit the remote.conf file located in /system/etc to remap it. I noticed that it is not present in the folder so I think it had to be created. I don't know if once you do this you can map it to the app. So I wanted to ask you if all this is possible or you need to modify the kernel to make this possible.
                Hello,
                you might have a look in the vendor partition under vendor/etc you should find what you're looking for there. Best thing to do is look up some tutorials here on FT and find out how to go about this and maybe ask on that thread for any additional help if needed. I will be releasing another ROM here pretty shortly for the ATV ROM's.
                Thank you,

Alvatech

Comment

Originally posted by ALVATECH View Post

Hello,
                  you might have a look in the vendor partition under vendor/etc you should find what you're looking for there. Best thing to do is look up some tutorials here on FT and find out how to go about this and maybe ask on that thread for any additional help if needed. I will be releasing another ROM here pretty shortly for the ATV ROM's.
                  Thank you,

Alvatech
                  Thanks a lot alvatech.
                  I managed to change the button and map it to the "power menu" app with "button mapper".
                  Thanks again.
                  Last edited by KinDeDu; 01-18-2020, 01:10.

Comment

Hello everyone,
                    I have updated the first post of this thread with updated ROM's based off of the latest from Beelink. Please read change logs before asking any questions.
                    I hope you'll enjoy the new updates. I plan on also adding some more information to the 2nd post of this thread, I've already started and plan to add more with time. I also want to thank those who have donated lately I really appreciate it. Remember I'm only one person doing this, I don't have a team of developers as backup that I can ask for help. There will always be bugs no matter what, I try to help with what I can where I can. I can't fix everything or test all apps and different scenarios that other users have. Also if it doesn't work on my ROM, other developers ROM and in factory ROM then ask Beelink for help and or start a new thread and ask for help there so others users may see and can maybe lend a hand. I would like to keep this thread only about this ROM please.
                    Thank you,

Alvatech

Comment

my box starts sn SA9HHQ gt king pro blue box. what roms should i use?

Comment

ignore that, thanks for update

Comment

Originally posted by EunoCoin View Post
                          ignore that, thanks for update
                          You're welcome.
                          Thanks,

Alvatech

Comment

Hi

First off want to thank you for this rom, i found this before purchasing and was the reason i brought this device.

Like others i did have issues with Remote and Xbox Controller distances and no or laggy responses from them. The remote lagging was resolved by removing the USB 3 external SSD but alas thats normal with unshielded usb 3 devices. The bluetooth puzzled me but it may of looked like batteries were flatish lol, although will retest when mounted back on vesa mount.

Anyways, only 2 other things that have cropped up is the included files app you added randomly shuts down when copying between sources and i could repeat this several times, no biggie as i just installed solid explorer which works fine for me. The other is the obvious one i forgot to check which is AMLOGIC / Beelink do not support framerate switching out of the box. (I only realised this as well when i opened Kodi and saw the resolutions also are stuck to 1080p even though box set to 4k) tested a few files and yep does not switch output to match source, Just going to try AFRd app to see if this works and corrects the framerate / resolution output.

Anyways, thanks for your efforts here very much appreciated

Edit After the fact -

Tried Afrd Switching which does switch framerates but adds other issues (nothing to do with this rom at all thats golden), but alas tried bluetooth again and unless it is direct line of sight (odd for BT) the signal drops i.e if i lye on bed and place the controller in my lap with Knees raised then boom no response at all until i lower legs so bluetooth is definitely a major weak point, so i guess my search for the perfect small box goes on
                            Last edited by thering1975; 01-23-2020, 21:00.

Comment

Originally posted by thering1975 View Post
                              Hi

First off want to thank you for this rom, i found this before purchasing and was the reason i brought this device.

Like others i did have issues with Remote and Xbox Controller distances and no or laggy responses from them. The remote lagging was resolved by removing the USB 3 external SSD but alas thats normal with unshielded usb 3 devices. The bluetooth puzzled me but it may of looked like batteries were flatish lol, although will retest when mounted back on vesa mount.

Anyways, only 2 other things that have cropped up is the included files app you added randomly shuts down when copying between sources and i could repeat this several times, no biggie as i just installed solid explorer which works fine for me. The other is the obvious one i forgot to check which is AMLOGIC / Beelink do not support framerate switching out of the box. (I only realised this as well when i opened Kodi and saw the resolutions also are stuck to 1080p even though box set to 4k) tested a few files and yep does not switch output to match source, Just going to try AFRd app to see if this works and corrects the framerate / resolution output.

Anyways, thanks for your efforts here very much appreciated

Edit After the fact -

Tried Afrd Switching which does switch framerates but adds other issues (nothing to do with this rom at all thats golden), but alas tried bluetooth again and unless it is direct line of sight (odd for BT) the signal drops i.e if i lye on bed and place the controller in my lap with Knees raised then boom no response at all until i lower legs so bluetooth is definitely a major weak point, so i guess my search for the perfect small box goes on
                              Hello,
                              Yeah these issues are common with the USB devices. You might try a small USB extension cable which I hear helps with the Bluetooth and other USB devices. I'm sure it's because of the interference. There is an issue with these boxes and the framerate switching. I know the AFRd is suppose to help, but I don't have anything to do with it. Most of these Amlogic boxes are having these type of issues. I'm thinking Amlogic and Beelink know and are working on it, a lot of people on Beelink's forum are complaining and I know they are aware of it.
                              Thank you,

Alvatech

Comment

Trying to get the Chrome browser version that allows copy/paste. The version running on another device that work is using this apk >> Google Chrome: Fast & Secure 57.0.2987.132 (arm-v7a) (Android 4.1+)

I deleted the existing Chrome, and tried to install this version, but it will not install. Any clues??

thanks.
                                MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Working...
                                X