This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[ROM] SC v2.0 USER/USERDEBUG - GTKing PRO and GS-King X - ATV Build

DISCLAIMER: MY ROMs(WORK) CAN NOT BUT USED FOR ANY COMMERCIAL PROJECTS WITHOUT MY CONSENT.

Anyway, one more rom/fw for you all!
    And many thks to trebor for be my beta tester
    This rom is as "TRUE" to AndroidTV as possible, no other mambo jambo shit... like i said as true ATV as possible!
    Build from Latest source, all changes done in source itself...
    Btw from now on im going to be very "economical" about my changelogs...
    This rom might work on older SN: 922X.... but it will be slow and might not works correctly all the time so i do not recommend to use it on that SN number devices.

THIS BUILD IS FOR GTKing PRO and GS-King X ....

Differences of USER and USERDEBUG builds:

User Build: This build is done to be as close to a company rls as possible, it does not have root or twrp and is compiled with rls keys and SELINUX enforced, what this means for you?
    Well it means lot more apps show in Playstore that dint show before, (EX: my isp androidtv live tv app, only shows in Playstore non rooted and SELINUX enforced devices, also the streams in the app does not even play in rooted devices.). Like this there's lots of other ISP/NON ISP apps Out there....

UserDebug Build: This build does have root, twrp, selinux is permissive and some other stuff you will see in changelog down there.., but of course you will lose the above...

OF COURSE YOU WILL NOT LOSE WIDEVINE L1 OR DTS-HD IN ANY OF THE BUILDS...

CHOOSE YOUR VENNON........

Changelog v2.0:
    • Build from latest AML Pie SDK
    • Fixed the annoying random waking up from sleep or shutdown.
    • Added bluetooth to side settings.
    • Added small delay on google assistant, so on default remote you need to keep the button pressed to work, single press does not work.
    • (Cont. from above) i did it like this since this remote need you to keep the MIC button pressed for listening you.
    • Some cleaning of unneeded stuff for regular ATV functions.
    • And lots of other stuff...
    Bugs:
    • There is a bug in setupwizard where you choose to install some apps or not, well it installs all of them even if you do not choose anyone..
    • Of course there is bugs!! there always be bugs!!
    • Googlecast will not work ok, nothing i can do to fix it since it need certification.
    • Netflix for AndroidTV will not work at all, so use regular netflix already present in the rom.

Changelog v1.0:
    • Build from latest AML Pie SDK
    • Real ATV Build Path used.
    • Reboot to TWRP or Switch OS ( Only on UserDebug build )
    • Bla bla bla
    • Bla bla bla bla
    • Bla bla bla bla bla...
    • etc.....

Bugs:
    • Of course there is bugs!! there always be bugs!!
    • Googlecast will not work ok, nothing i can do to fix it since it need certification.
    • Netflix for AndroidTV will not work at all, so use regular netflix already present in the rom.

Want to buy me a beer?

Download:

Install instructions:
    • Use usb burning tool v2.2.0 to burn the IMG.

THIS ROM DELETES ALL YOUR DATA SO DO A BACKUP!

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Enjoy it!

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20191224-230605.png Views:	19 Size:	285.7 KB ID:	793331
    Last edited by superceleron; 06-22-2020, 22:10.

OK, DTS-HD is passedthrough. But how about TrueHD? Is it passedthrough as well?

Comment

Originally posted by kyrios View Post
      OK, DTS-HD is passedthrough. But how about TrueHD? Is it passedthrough as well?
      can't really tell, i don't have a way of testing it, that is why i don't mention it..

Comment

Superceleron, do you plan a Version for 922X ?

Comment

Originally posted by superceleron View Post

can't really tell, i don't have a way of testing it, that is why i don't mention it..
          Don't you have any soundbar or AV Receiver which has both capabilities?
          LG SL10YG (2019), Samsung HW-Q90R (2019) in soundbar department.
          In AV receiver, there are plenty options to choose for.
          I think you shall get one to test the HD audio and CEC remote function.

Comment

Don't you have any soundbar or AV Receiver which has both capabilities?
            LG SL10YG (2019), Samsung HW-Q90R (2019) in soundbar department.
            In AV receiver, there are plenty options to choose for.
            I think you shall get one to test the HD audio and CEC remote function.
            No mate, i do not have one...
            And i don't plan to have one anytime soon since it costs some money and i have more important things (bills/kids/house/car) to pay than a sound thing, hell just now i got my 1ยบ 4k tv(only because it was really cheap and my oldie samsung tv the fluorescent lamps where starting to die) so imagine that.
            But we never know!
            CEC i know it's working just fine, tested in 3 different tvs.

Comment

Is working dualboot with CoreElec on this ROM ? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Luko69 View Post
                Is working dualboot with CoreElec on this ROM ? Thanks.
                Yes.
                MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

i have more important things (bills/kids/house/car) to pay than a sound thing, hell just now i got my 1ยบ 4k tv(only because it was really cheap and my oldie samsung tv the fluorescent lamps where starting to die) so imagine that.
                  So everyone has their own preferred priority. Sure, bills and kids is the 1st.
                  I just bought Samsung 49Q70R to replace the oldiest 32" LG 32LE4500 (2011).
                  And to maximize the entertainment (read: the money I spent on 49Q70R), I bite the bullet to buy soundbar HW-Q90R.
                  Car? No, I've ever had and sold it 2 years ago.

BTW, If someone is not reporting about TrueHD, I'll report to you soon once I receive my GT King Pro.
                  It's on the customs, waiting for clearance. Maybe after new year, since customs officers are in holidays.

Comment

So everyone has their own preferred priority. Sure, bills and kids is the 1st.
                    I just bought Samsung 49Q70R to replace the oldiest 32" LG 32LE4500 (2011).
                    And to maximize the entertainment (read: the money I spent on 49Q70R), I bite the bullet to buy soundbar HW-Q90R.
                    Car? No, I've ever had and sold it 2 years ago.

BTW, If someone is not reporting about TrueHD, I'll report to you soon once I receive my GT King Pro.
                    It's on the customs, waiting for clearance. Maybe after new year, since customs officers are in holidays.
                    ye as always life priorities :/
                    Anyway i will wait for you feedback

Comment

I cannot wait to try this! Of all my last devices, SC ROMS have been my favorite, least buggy, and most fluid.

I feel you on the "adulting". My 3 and 6 year olds keep me busy outside of my 8-10 hour work days. And wouldn't you know, that as soon as I finally bought myself something nice, a new smoker, the furnace took a $h!t, and this was after I knew that I was already on the hook for the central air unit that failed in October. So after thinking I had some surplus funds for a bit, after dropping $4G's on property taxes, now I gotta pay $8G's for the HVAC stuff. Adulting = why we can't have anything nice. ?

Comment

The microphone on the G30S remote control doesn't work with this rom(in all programs) I checked application permissions, reloaded the box, cleared the caches. Did not help.
                        It is also not very convenient that there are no full Android settings, only ATV.
                        Last edited by Emperic; 01-24-2020, 21:52.

Comment

Originally posted by Emperic View Post
                          The microphone on the G30S remote control doesn't work with this rom(in all programs) I checked application permissions, reloaded the box, cleared the caches. Did not help.
                          It is also not very convenient that there are no full Android settings, only ATV.
                          Well i do not have a g30 remote so dunno what is wrong, i only have the g10 and g20 and both work just fine... i bet i do not have the correct kl for it.
                          In a true ATV you do not have the full android settings, and this is a true androidtv(just not license) build, the other fw's you see and have full settings are not true atv, but AOSP with tweaks to look and work like a ATV build but will never be a True one.

Comment

Well i do not have a g30 remote so dunno what is wrong, i only have the g10 and g20 and both work just fine... i bet i do not have the correct kl for it.
                            In a true ATV you do not have the full android settings, and this is a true androidtv(just not license) build, the other fw's you see and have full settings are not true atv, but AOSP with tweaks to look and work like a ATV build but will never be a True one.
                            Hmm i think i found the issue with the G30 remote... but not sure since i do not have the remote!

Comment

Hello
                              Thanks for the rom
                              Does anybody know if this will work on gt king pro with serial no. SA9H
                              thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X