Beelink GT King Pro - Debian Strech & Ubuntu Bionic Firmware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beelink GT King Pro - Debian Strech & Ubuntu Bionic Firmware

Ubuntu Desktop for Beelink GT King Pro at last.

I was trying to run Ubuntu/Debian on my GT King Pro Rev B for a while, at last I succeed about it.
    I did not try mainline kernel, because we don't have an appropriate dtb file for mainline kernel. We can use Armbian's dtb file but it seems problematic.

So using 4.9 kernel with framebuffer hardware acceleration is a good option for us.
    You wont get hardware acceleration for XFree because there are no drivers for it yet ( it is in development )
    But CPU performance is enough to play HD youtube videos.

You can run kodi which prompts you to switch to FBDevice and it works great.
    Since dtb is same it must work for GT King version too.

Setup Instractions are as below:

1- Download image from Khadas for VIM3 VIM3_Ubuntu-xfce-bionic_Linux-4.9_arm64_SD-USB_V20191231.7z

2- Extract downloaded image file.

3- Flash image with Etcher to an appropriate SD/USB drive ( faster drives give better performance )

4- Extract dtb file from CoreELEC latest Nightly build or use attached one.

5- Copy dtb file to root of boot partition and rename it as dtb.img like CoreELEC installation. Firstly you must delete the old dtb.img which was for VIM3.

6- Plug your USB/SD drive and Reboot tv box with "Switch os" option from Android.

7- Default password for "root" and "khadas" is khadas dont forget to change it..

8- Enjoy it.

Regards,

Note: I released an updated version Debian 10 & Ubuntu 20.04 please use it.
    Beelink GT King Pro - Debian 10 Buster & Ubuntu 20.04 LTS Focal Fossa Firmware I prepared two Linux Firmwares for Beelink GT-King Pro, GT-King users can use them too. I used Linux Kernel 4.9 because mainline kernel drivers for Amlogic s922x is not yet fully funtional. Whenever I tried to build firmware with Mainline Linux
    Last edited by darkstar; 07-24-2020, 06:45.

Thanks, I will give that a try.
    MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

I compiled VIM3_Debian-xfce-stretch_Linux-4.9_arm64_SD-USB_V0.8.3-20200121.img.xz. It works good and there is no sound issue.
      I love Debian so much, it is my daily driver. If anyone interested I can upload image to a cloud drive or share the link for download.

Comment

I tested your other Ubuntu firmware, and it worked great. Will be pleased to test your new firmware. thanks
        MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post
          I tested your other Ubuntu firmware, and it worked great. Will be pleased to test your new firmware. thanks
          I added link for my Debian image to the first message.

Comment

Thanks, I will give it a try later.

Comment

Thanks for the guide
              Has anyone tested Anbox on Ubuntu?
              Anbox allows you to run android apps natively on Ubuntu and other distros

Comment

Originally posted by darkstar View Post
                I compiled VIM3_Debian-xfce-stretch_Linux-4.9_arm64_SD-USB_V0.8.3-20200121.img.xz. It works good and there is no sound issue.
                I love Debian so much, it is my daily driver. If anyone interested I can upload image to a cloud drive or share the link for download.
                for this you dont need to change the dtb file? thanks

Comment

I did not try to use GT King Pro with vim3 dtb because there is a dtb file for GT King Pro.

Attached Files

Comment

I did not try to use GT King Pro with vim3 dtb because there is a dtb file for GT King Pro.
                    i have gt king b922, i ask if with your debian compilation you still have to change de dtb file like in the instructions above. thanks

Comment

Originally posted by theholyguy View Post

i have gt king b922, i ask if with your debian compilation you still have to change de dtb file like in the instructions above. thanks
                      Just follow the instructions (5.th step) you can use the dtb file from my previous message.

Comment

Just follow the instructions (5.th step) you can use the dtb file from my previous message.
                        ok thanks can you just tell me how i restart de box with switch os? im using a superceleron rom. thanks

Comment

Originally posted by theholyguy View Post

ok thanks can you just tell me how i restart de box with switch os? im using a superceleron rom. thanks
                          You can use Reboot to Librelec

Comment

I followed your guide and installed the VIM3 Ubuntu Server image. It boots up fine, but I am getting a 169.x.x.x address instead of a 192.168.2.x address which is what my LAN is configured for. Any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by alimbada View Post
                              I followed your guide and installed the VIM3 Ubuntu Server image. It boots up fine, but I am getting a 169.x.x.x address instead of a 192.168.2.x address which is what my LAN is configured for. Any ideas?
                              I did not share server image. You can set ip address manually buy running commands below as root.
                              ifconfig eth0 192.168.2.x netmask 255.255.255.0 up
                              route add default gw 192.168.2.1
                              echo "nameserver 1.1.1.1" > /etc/resolv.conf

Comment

Working...
                              X