Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Beelink GT King Pro - Debian 10 Buster & Ubuntu 20.04 LTS Focal Fossa Firmware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[ROM] Beelink GT King Pro - Debian 10 Buster & Ubuntu 20.04 LTS Focal Fossa Firmware

Beelink GT King Pro - Debian 10 Buster & Ubuntu 20.04 LTS Focal Fossa Firmware

I prepared two Linux Firmwares for Beelink GT-King Pro, GT-King users can use them too.

I used Linux Kernel 4.9 because mainline kernel drivers for Amlogic s922x is not yet fully funtional.
    Whenever I tried to build firmware with Mainline Linux Kernel I got lots of errors.

Debian 10 Buster

The Debian project has announced the release of Debian 10 (code-named "buster"), the latest stable version from the popular community project and the world's largest Linux distribution whose beginnings date back to 1993: "After 25 months of development the Debian project is proud to present its new stable version 10, which will be supported for the next 5 years. This new release of Debian comes with a lot more software than its predecessor; the distribution includes over 13,370 new packages, for a total of over 57,703 packages. Most of the software in the distribution has been updated. Debian again ships with several desktop applications and environments. Among others it now includes GNOME 3.30, KDE Plasma 5.14, LXDE 10, LXQt 0.14, MATE 1.20 and Xfce 4.12. With buster, Debian brings a mandatory access control framework enabled by default. New installations of Debian buster will have AppArmor installed and enabled."

Ubuntu 20.04 LTS Focal Fossa

Iain Lane has announced the release of Ubuntu 20.04, a new long-term support (LTS) version of the popular distribution. Ubuntu Desktop 20.04 LTS features the latest version of the GNOME desktop environment, 3.36. Notable changes from 18.04 LTS include performance improvements, a new lock screen design, and support for fractional scaling under X11. 20.04 LTS also features a new look-and-feel: the Yaru theme, available in both light and dark variants. 20.04 LTS also brings support for installing an Ubuntu desktop system on top of ZFS. The latest version brings performance enhancements and optional encryption support. Zsys, Ubuntu’s ZFS system tool, provides automated system and user state saving. Tight integration with GRUB allows a user to revert to any system state on boot and go back in time to pave the way to a bulletproof Ubuntu Desktop."

System Properties:

Firmware Type : SD/USB
    Architecture: aarch64
    Kernel : Linux 4.9
    Desktop Environment : XFCE
    GPU Hardware Acceleration : No ( but 1080p videos are smooth enough)
    User/Password : root/beelink , beelink/beelink

Setup Instructions :

1- Download preferred firmware image from links below.

2- Download the device tree file from link below.

3- Flash image with balenaEtcher to an appropriate SD/USB drive ( faster drives gives better performance )

4- Copy dtb file to root of boot partition and rename it as dtb.img like CoreELEC installation.
    Firstly you must delete the old dtb.img.

5- Plug your USB/SD drive and reboot. If it boot to Android reboot again with "Switch os" option from power menu.

6- After first boot system will resize root partition automatically, it will take some time.

7- Default password for both users "root" and "beelink" is beelink don't forget to change it.

8- After first boot please run the following commands from console as root user, this will update your system.

apt-get update && apt-get upgrade -y

9- Default Desktop Environment is XFCE, you can install KDE/Mate/Gnome/Cinnamon easily with command "tasksel" run as root.

tasksel

10-If tasksel command is not found you can install it with the command below, please run it as root.

apt-get install tasksel

11-Choose your preferred Desktop from the list to install and it will take some time to download and install.

12-If you install KDE Plasma desktop tasksel will ask you to choose Desktop Manager lightdm / sddm if you select sddm root will no longer be able to login, it is better to select lightdm.

Click image for larger version  Name:	tasksel.png Views:	546 Size:	36.2 KB ID:	805329

My KDE Plasma Desktop :

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_2020-05-14_13-02-54.png Views:	538 Size:	240.6 KB ID:	805330

Download Links :

Debian 10 Buster

Ubuntu 20.04 LTS Focal Fossa

GTKing Pro Device Tree :

HTML Code:
    I'm sorry for the inconvenient log messages about Camera Service.
    You can get rid of them by removing the file below.
    /etc/systemd/system/sysinit.target.wants/camera_isp_3a_server.service

running the command below in console will solve it.

rm /etc/systemd/system/sysinit.target.wants/camera_isp_3a_server.service
    Enjoy,

Regards,
    Last edited by darkstar; 05-29-2021, 10:12.

If anyone interested I build a Debian 10 Firmware with mainline kernel 5.10.12

Debian 10 Buster Mainline Kernel 5.10.12
    Last edited by darkstar; 01-31-2021, 14:45.

Comment

Hi.
      How to resolve "Camera ISP 3A service server" started/stopped issue.
      Thank you verry much.

Comment

Originally posted by misufreak View Post
        Hi.
        How to resolve "Camera ISP 3A service server" started/stopped issue.
        Thank you verry much.
        I'm sorry for the inconvenient log messages about Camera Service.
        You can rid of them by removing the file below.
        /etc/systemd/system/sysinit.target.wants/camera_isp_3a_server.service

running the command below in console will solve it.

rm /etc/systemd/system/sysinit.target.wants/camera_isp_3a_server.service

Comment

Will this also work on non-Pro GT-King?

Comment

Originally posted by hyc View Post
            With GT King dtb file yes , probably it will work on GS King X because mainboard is same.
            please try it with a usb drive.

Comment

Originally posted by hyc View Post
              I tryed Debian and Ubutu. Both work on my Gt King B922, not spectacular, just work. I installed Kodi but just obtained an black screen on both distribution.

Comment

Thanks for confirming, may give it a try soon. I just wanted to run a few benchmarks; I wish Beelink would release their 64bit OS already.

Comment

Originally posted by misufreak View Post

I tryed Debian and Ubutu. Both work on my Gt King B922, not spectacular, just work. I installed Kodi but just obtained an black screen on both distribution.
                  There is no 3d acceleration for Xfree Graphical Interface yet, sorry for that.
                  Coreelec & Librelec use Framebuffer for hardware acceleration.

Comment

Hi how are you and thank you for this post
                    I have Beelink GT King Pro
                    i already install same your steps all it's okay
                    but i have same problem and i need solve it>
                    1- I have Sony tv 4k , the default resolution 3840 x 2160 and i watch too much video tutorial about add another one to fix small screen . Please tell me how can i solve it
                    2- same command after i typed if result ( denied permission ) .

Comment

Originally posted by armilq8 View Post
                      Hi how are you and thank you for this post
                      I have Beelink GT King Pro
                      i already install same your steps all it's okay
                      but i have same problem and i need solve it>
                      1- I have Sony tv 4k , the default resolution 3840 x 2160 and i watch too much video tutorial about add another one to fix small screen . Please tell me how can i solve it
                      2- same command after i typed if result ( denied permission ) .
                      I suggest you to use KDE desktop environment, KDE allows you to change all settings ( under System Settings )

Regards

Comment

MGA is asking me a Decryption Key , please can you provide it ?
                        Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by element14 View Post

MGA is asking me a Decryption Key , please can you provide it ?
                          Thanks
                          I will reupload it, if you wish you can try my recent build from the link below

Debian 10 with Mainline Linux Kernel for Beelink GTKing Pro

Comment

Working...
                          X