Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ugoos AM6 Plus: How to get TRWP and other question. Need help that i can buy this device

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ugoos AM6 Plus: How to get TRWP and other question. Need help that i can buy this device

Hey Guys,

a pro recomendt me to look in this thread for my questions about the Ugoos AM6 Plus.
    I am a enduser only with enduser knoweldge wich is not much; )
    I am planing to buy this player, but i need to make my homework bevor, that i can use it like i want.
    Therefore i need your help.
    First, i need an trwp. I can t work with android-boxes anymore without a working recovery system like trwp or rom-manager.
    If i buy this device and it has the stock firmware, please tell me what is the easiest way to get there an twrp running.
    This is very essential for me.
    Then i saw that this box can also run core elec. I never used ce but it sounds interesting for me.
    What are the advantges of core elec compared to stock firmware in the case of useing kodi? Are there one?
    I also don t sure if i found the right core elec image, becouse the downloader gives me only a version for the amogic s922x processor, but not for the s922xj wich this players has.
    Can i use the ce version for s922x? Will this work on this player with the s922xj cpu?
    The same problem i have with alternatives firmwares i found. I only read that they are for the s922x so i also don t know if it will run on xj.
    Are there recomandation for this player in point of firmware wich should be used instead of original?
    I need step by step guides for installing alternative firmware, corelec TRWP (most important)...
    Also important is that i can root thgat device. I heard that there is an option for that direct in the player stock firmware? Is that correct,
    I hope you expert-guys: ) want help an enduser out who want only use things.

regards

Originally posted by enduser View Post
    Hey Guys,

a pro recomendt me to look in this thread for my questions about the Ugoos AM6 Plus.
    I am a enduser only with enduser knoweldge wich is not much; )
    I am planing to buy this player, but i need to make my homework bevor, that i can use it like i want.
    Therefore i need your help.
    First, i need an trwp. I can t work with android-boxes anymore without a working recovery system like trwp or rom-manager.
    If i buy this device and it has the stock firmware, please tell me what is the easiest way to get there an twrp running.
    This is very essential for me.
    Then i saw that this box can also run core elec. I never used ce but it sounds interesting for me.
    What are the advantges of core elec compared to stock firmware in the case of useing kodi? Are there one?
    I also don t sure if i found the right core elec image, becouse the downloader gives me only a version for the amogic s922x processor, but not for the s922xj wich this players has.
    Can i use the ce version for s922x? Will this work on this player with the s922xj cpu?
    The same problem i have with alternatives firmwares i found. I only read that they are for the s922x so i also don t know if it will run on xj.
    Are there recomandation for this player in point of firmware wich should be used instead of original?
    I need step by step guides for installing alternative firmware, corelec TRWP (most important)...
    Also important is that i can root thgat device. I heard that there is an option for that direct in the player stock firmware? Is that correct,
    I hope you expert-guys: ) want help an enduser out who want only use things.

regards
    TWRP is only useful for the AndroidTV firmware and already included.
    You can use it to manually update the AndroidTV firmware by installing the zip update through twrp the user makes.
    By using it on stock firmware you won't receive ota updates.
    The AndroidTV firmware already includes dual-boot CoreELEC too and you can manually switch between the two easily.
    You can also run CoreELEC from a micro-sd card if you want but the AndroidTV firmware is just more convenient.
    CoreELEC has much lower CPU, RAM usage compared to Android, but Kodi on Android also runs great.
    Only 2 firmwares are available, the stock and AndroidTV which is based on the stock.
    If a feature is missing you want, just email Ugoos and they'll add it to the next firmware update.
    You use Amlogic burning Tools to flash a different firmware like AndroidTV and then use TWRP for future updates.
    You can root with Magisk, I posted the method several times in freaktab.

Comment

Thank you for the informations.
      To keep things simple, i need more details:
      Can you please give me a downlink with instructions to a trwp wich i can use/install on the stock firmware for this player?
      Wich advantage compared to the original firmware has the android tv firmware?
      As far as i know the player can t also use netflix and amazon with full hd/ 4k, also with android tv -firmware.
      Can you also pleae give me a downlink with install instructions for the android tv -firmware on this player?
      I don t know where i get things like twrp and the android tv -firmware for this ugoos player and how to install it.
      I need more basic informations. If i have this player, the first after configuration wich i will do, is install an trwp,
      Bevor i don t know if i can handle this step, it is to risky for me to order this devive.

regards

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post

TWRP is only useful for the AndroidTV firmware and already included.
        You can use it to manually update the AndroidTV firmware by installing the zip update through twrp the user makes.
        By using it on stock firmware you won't receive ota updates.
        The AndroidTV firmware already includes dual-boot CoreELEC too and you can manually switch between the two easily.
        You can also run CoreELEC from a micro-sd card if you want but the AndroidTV firmware is just more convenient.
        CoreELEC has much lower CPU, RAM usage compared to Android, but Kodi on Android also runs great.
        Only 2 firmwares are available, the stock and AndroidTV which is based on the stock.
        If a feature is missing you want, just email Ugoos and they'll add it to the next firmware update.
        You use Amlogic burning Tools to flash a different firmware like AndroidTV and then use TWRP for future updates.
        You can root with Magisk, I posted the method several times in freaktab.
        Hi can magisk be installed permanently like normal or need boot to recovery every time?

Comment

Originally posted by ddogishere View Post

Hi can magisk be installed permanently like normal or need boot to recovery every time?
          After you do it, it's permanent.
          Instructions for Magisk
          https://forum.freaktab.com/core/images/icons/icon3.pngUpdate: [ROM] Ugoos AM6 Android TV by Sasvlad 0.3.6 (Dualboot and SingleBoot) Suitable for AM6, AM6 Pro and AM6 PLUS. Dear friends, I present to your attention my new hybrid for ATV lovers. Many thks to UGOOS for sending me the device to play. Why a hybrid? Anyone

Comment

Also thanks from me for this instructions of Magisk, also if i don t know if i need it.
            I wrote directly to uggos becouse my TRWP question. They answered that i can directly install TRWP from the playstore.
            Ok, if this work everything should be fine. If...i am sceptic...
            I also don t understund why TRWP should not usefull for the stock firmware. If i can t use ota updates, this means not, that i can t update at all if there is a new stock version, or does it?
            Its really hard for me to get the informations i need. That is not the way things should be, that a consumer, who only want to use a device, must have so much konweldge, that one can use the device the way he want. That is not like the things should be in my opinion.
            So i still hope, that anyone reach me a hand that i get the informations i need.

thank you

Comment

Also thanks from me for this instructions of Magisk, also if i don t know if i need it.
              I wrote directly to uggos becouse my TRWP question. They answered that i can directly install TRWP from the playstore.
              Ok, if this work everything should be fine. If...i am sceptic...
              I also don t understund why TRWP should not usefull for the stock firmware. If i can t use ota updates, this means not, that i can t update at all if there is a new stock version, or does it?
              Its really hard for me to get the informations i need. That is not the way things should be, that a consumer, who only want to use a device, must have so much konweldge, that one can use the device the way he want. That is not like the things should be in my opinion.
              So i still hope, that anyone reach me a hand that i get the informations i need.

thank you
              Hi ,

all your Question can be answered here in this Thread :

UGOOS AM6 S922X TV Box Android 9.0 (https://www.gearbest.com/tv-box/pp_009954522026.html?wid=1433363&lkid=39831834) Amlogic S922X / 2GB LPDDR4 + 16GB EMMC / 2.4G + 5G WiFi / BT5.0 / 1000Mbps / USB3.0 https://forum.freaktab.com/UGOOS+AM6+S922X+TV+Box+Android+9.0++Amlogic+S922X+/+2GB+LPDDR4+++16GB+EMMC+/+2.4G+++5G+WiFi+/+BT5.

it is only the AM Version Thread but there you can find all answers , if you read it ,

good luck / gefattern

Comment

Thank you, but this dosn t helps me much becouse:
                The thread is from 2018 and might be in the meantime outdatet.
                Then its about a different player with s922x and not the 922xj cpu.
                The thread is also 41 scroll down pages long.
                Its like searching the needle in the haystack.

What i need is really simple in the case of TWRP:
                A link to a working version fpr this player with some install instructions and everything is fine.
                I don t understund why makeing things more comlicatet then it must be...

Comment

Thank you, but this dosn t helps me much becouse:
                  The thread is from 2018 and might be in the meantime outdatet.
                  Then its about a different player with s922x and not the 922xj cpu.
                  The thread is also 41 scroll down pages long.
                  Its like searching the needle in the haystack.

What i need is really simple in the case of TWRP:
                  A link to a working version fpr this player with some install instructions and everything is fine.
                  I don t understund why makeing things more comlicatet then it must be...
                  Hi ,

looks like you only want to take , if you not read you can not learn how you must do it in Future ,

Ugoos said you can use App to install the TWRP to your until now not really existing TVBox ,

so what is your Problem , buy and try , the Plus is a real good Box , TWRP is maybe a easy

way to backup your data , but not the only one ,

the Thread is not outdated the last post is a few days old you are only not want to learn

something about ChinaBoxes , this is no Handy , TVBoxes not have this TWRP support until

now , so be happy that the AM6 Models all can handle it , read and learn or let it ,

gefattern

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post

After you do it, it's permanent.
                    Instructions for Magisk
                    https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-...409#post795409
                    Hey do you think it'll work on beelink gs king x, is sasvlad android tv version with twrp & supersu?

Comment

gefattern

Thanks for you hint, but i don t agree with you in some points.
                      Its not about learning, its about to use.
                      It was enough to learn to set Kodi correctly app, that it makes what it should.
                      It was enough to learn, to configure android and install all needed apps and also configure it.
                      Its not my fault, that android has till now no inlcuded backupsystem wich earns the name.
                      Its not my fault in the meantime, one must beginn a study that he can use an mediaplayer like the way he want,
                      Demanding that one should read a thread wich is so long then a book, that he can maybe find what he is looking for, its for me not aceptabel.
                      This players are not made for the less experienced freeks, geeks and nerds wich are experts, becouse these people are not such a big ghroup like the standard consumers.
                      Only with that they can earn money. If these companies go on, makeing it so complicatet for the endusers, then they don t buy it anymore.
                      I see also not the point why i should be happy. I am not happy. I am afraid that i must spend, hours, days, month only to get knowledge that i can use the device.
                      Exactly therefore i am afraid and exactly becouse this, i still havent bought that device and as long as i have doubts wich i have atm, i will not order the device.
                      So why i should also be happy if i must spend much money and will have also much of work?
                      I don t see the point. I can only repaet what i said bevor: That its not like the things should be for the consumer and if this goes on, then no one should wonder that only a few people buy this devices.

regards

Comment

Working...
                      X