Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Minix U22-XJ ALVATECH Standard Android (9.0 Pie)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[ROM] Minix U22-XJ ALVATECH Standard Android (9.0 Pie)

This is a nice clean ROM with some tweaks, GUI cleanup, Mods, and some changes made from the original Minix U22-XJ ROM.
    Please read the entire first post before asking questions. Thank you.

Changes/Mods & Tweaks Alvatech ROM:
    • This ROM is based off of the original firmware from Minix.
    • Removed unneeded apps.
    • Cleaned up scripts that I don't use in this ROM.
    • Nicer mouse cursor for easy viewing.
    • Double click home button brings up Recent Apps in Grid View.
    • Long Press on the home button brings up Google Assistant.
    • Two Launchers: Square Home 3, Android One Launcher.
    • Additional Apps: X-Plore File Manager, Smart YouTube TV, Netflix, Kodi, & Power Menu
    • Added additional *kl files to support more devices.
    • Removed and cleaned up files that are no longer needed.
    • Updated Generic.kl to use the "Enter" key.
    • Fixed some permissions.
    • Added Backdrop from Android TV (screen saver). You can change when to initiate it in TV Settings
    • Updated GApps
    • Alvatech Boot Logo and Boot Animation
    • New Wallpaper
    • TWRP Recovery added.
    • Smart Youtube issues? (if so, please see 2nd post Extra Tips Section).
    • Other system tweaks and changes, I'll update more info as I remember.

Donation:
    A token of appreciation is always welcomed. Thank you!
    Donation Link Here

Notes:
    Please read the "Extra Tips Section" on the 2nd post for additional help.
    When the box boots for the first time only, installation is still going on in the background please be patient for it to load completely.
    When you connect the box to the internet for the first time google dependencies will need to be updated, please allow for these updates to finish.

Download ROM:
    MINIX_NEO_U22_XJ_AT_V1.0A

Installation Instructions:
    Use burning/flashing instructions from the manufacture using one of the following procedures down below.
    I recommend using the latest Amlogic's USB Burning Tool 2.1.7.0 or later. the SD Card method can be used.

Click the needed link down below to download the tool needed.
    USB Burning Tool Method: Amlogic's USB Burning Tool
    SD Card Method: Amlogic's Burn Card Maker

1ST BOOT TAKES ABOUT 5-6 MINUTES, SO PLEASE BE PATIENT.
    THIS DELETES ALL YOUR DATA SO DO A BACKUP IF NEEDED! USE THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK!

This is to share my work with everyone and to try to make these TV boxes more enjoyable.
    I will try my best to answer or help with any questions and or concerns as soon as I can.
    If something doesn't function properly please let me know with as much detail as possible and I will try to fix it.
    When posting for help please stay on subject, If it doesn't pertain to this ROM please search other threads for help or start a new one.
    I HOPE YOU ENJOY IT AS MUCH AS I DO!!

Thank you Minix for the sample hardware.

Extra Tips Section...
    Please read all the information down below and maybe even re-read it one more time before asking questions. I'm not responsible for any issues you may have with your device. Do this it's at your own risk.

Important Update: At any point in time, I may remove and/or modify any of this information. I may take down some of this info if I can no longer maintain this post, if I get overwhelming requests, or if I get a lot of users who are not able to follow instructions and understand how some of these things work. I may also move this information to a whole new separate thread if needed for other users to help as needed.

Remember this!!
    I do this for fun. I try to help when I can. I do this on my own time. I don't have a team helping me. I will respond when I can. I have a life too.

Tip (1.)
    Need more time to run some tests....

Tip (2.)

Tip (3.)
    AFRd - AUTO FRAME RATE DAEMON.
    AFRd, changes the video frame rate automatically for you on your Android device. This only works with the Amlogic devices (Amlogic S9xx). Your box must be rooted for this app to work. I have added some links down below for those who would like to add this to their Android boxes.
    I do not make nor do I support AFRd, so please, either create a new thread or look for an existing thread and ask for help there if needed.
    • Link 1 located here on Freaktab
    • Link 2 located at original source.
    • Link 3 located at Github.
    Tip (4.)
    SMART YOUTUBE APP.

Looks like Smart Youtube TV app had done some changes to their app, now you have to choose a different default launcher to make things work.
    If you're having issues with the Smart Youtube app, please try the following steps down below:
    • 1st close/exit the Smart Youtube app completely.
    • 2nd re-open the app, as soon as you re-open the app press the back button immediately, and then you will be prompted with some default launcher options.
    • 3rd choose the Pro Youtube launcher as your default player (this one usually works best for me). You will only have to do this once, as the app will remember your choice.
    Tip (5.)
    Last edited by ALVATECH; 02-12-2021, 06:26.

Comment

# Saved

Comment

Thanks to ALVATECH

Comment

hello you do a great job think about doing an atv rom for the minix

Comment

hello alvatec for this rom it would be good if it is compatible with multy touchscreen like th u9-h

Comment

Originally posted by ALVATECH View Post
              This is a nice clean ROM with some tweaks, GUI cleanup, Mods, and some changes made from the original Minix U22-XJ ROM.
              Please read the entire first post before asking questions. Thank you.

Changes/Mods & Tweaks Alvatech ROM:
              • This ROM is based off of the original firmware from Minix.
              • Removed unneeded apps.
              • Cleaned up scripts that I don't use in this ROM.
              • Nicer mouse cursor for easy viewing.
              • Double click home button brings up Recent Apps in Grid View.
              • Long Press on the home button brings up Google Assistant.
              • Two Launchers: Square Home 3, Android One Launcher.
              • Additional Apps: X-Plore File Manager, Smart YouTube TV, Netflix, Kodi, & Power Menu
              • Added additional *kl files to support more devices.
              • Removed and cleaned up files that are no longer needed.
              • Updated Generic.kl to use the "Enter" key.
              • Fixed some permissions.
              • Added Backdrop from Android TV (screen saver). You can change when to initiate it in TV Settings
              • Updated GApps
              • Alvatech Boot Logo and Boot Animation
              • New Wallpaper
              • TWRP Recovery added.
              • Smart Youtube issues? (if so, please see 2nd post Extra Tips Section).
              • Other system tweaks and changes, I'll update more info as I remember.

Donation:
              A token of appreciation is always welcomed. Thank you!
              Donation Link Here

Notes:
              Please read the "Extra Tips Section" on the 2nd post for additional help.
              When the box boots for the first time only, installation is still going on in the background please be patient for it to load completely.
              When you connect the box to the internet for the first time google dependencies will need to be updated, please allow for these updates to finish.

Download ROM:
              MINIX_NEO_U22_XJ_AT_V1.0A

Installation Instructions:
              Use burning/flashing instructions from the manufacture using one of the following procedures down below.
              I recommend using the latest Amlogic's USB Burning Tool 2.1.7.0 or later. the SD Card method can be used.

Click the needed link down below to download the tool needed.
              USB Burning Tool Method: Amlogic's USB Burning Tool
              SD Card Method: Amlogic's Burn Card Maker

1ST BOOT TAKES ABOUT 5-6 MINUTES, SO PLEASE BE PATIENT.
              THIS DELETES ALL YOUR DATA SO DO A BACKUP IF NEEDED! USE THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK!

This is to share my work with everyone and to try to make these TV boxes more enjoyable.
              I will try my best to answer or help with any questions and or concerns as soon as I can.
              If something doesn't function properly please let me know with as much detail as possible and I will try to fix it.
              When posting for help please stay on subject, If it doesn't pertain to this ROM please search other threads for help or start a new one.
              I HOPE YOU ENJOY IT AS MUCH AS I DO!!

Thank you Minix for the sample hardware.

hi, can you do one for the max version please, thank you.

Comment

A great Rom. But I hope we can get rid of the navigation bar even when sliding up. Users Always slide up and the navigation bar appears again. Ugoss has the option not to allow it to appear by sliding up

Comment

Working...
                X