Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[ROM] SC BETA USER&DEBUG - Minix NEO U22-XJ - NORMAL and ATV Builds - 20210303

DISCLAIMER: MY ROMs(WORK) CAN NOT BUT USED FOR ANY COMMERCIAL PROJECTS WITHOUT MY CONSENT.

Hi, first of all i like to thaks Minix for the support on sending me the device to work on.
    Right now i only have done the userdebug build, i will do the user build a bit later when i have the time for it.
    And as always thks to trebor for the testing.

PLZ DO READ THE OBSERVATIONS AND RECOMMENDATIONS BELLOW.

Differences of USER and USERDEBUG builds:

User Build: This build is done to be as close to a company rls as possible, it does not have root or twrp and is compiled with rls keys and SELINUX enforced, what this means for you?
    Well it means lot more apps show in Playstore that didn't show before, (EX: my isp androidtv live tv app, only shows in Playstore non rooted and SELINUX enforced devices, also the streams in the app does not even play in rooted devices.). Like this there's lots of other ISP/NON ISP apps Out there....

UserDebug Build: This build does have root, twrp, selinux is permissive and some other stuff you will see in changelog down there.., but of course you will lose the above...

OF COURSE YOU WILL NOT LOSE WIDEVINE L1 AND PLAYREADY IN ANY OF THE BUILDS, SINCE THIS WAS BUILT AS SECUREOS.

CHOOSE YOUR VENNON........

Changelog BETA:
    • Build from latest AML Pie SDK
    • Custom kernel
    • Custom uboot
    • Secure OS build
    • Added a few extra settings to control, find out what they are!
    • Double press shows recent apps (not available on ATV build)
    • Reboot to TWRP or Switch OS ( Only on UserDebug build )
    • Bla bla bla
    • Bla bla bla bla
    • Bla bla bla bla bla...
    • etc.....

Observations:
    • Yes i know some minix stuff in settings are missing, that is why is still a beta, i'm not using minix already built fw and doing all on source so that takes time to do.
    • I'm still deciding what of the minix settings i'm going to implement, right now i implemented three and the rest i will decide what i think is useful or not.
    • Right now i still only implemented the MCU control, and the Home screen(Home screen selection is removed in ATV build since is not needed) selection and also the "USB OTG Switch".
    Recommendations:
    • I do recommend if you guys have issues playing some Dolby Digital audio, to go to "settings->Device Preferences->Sound", and in there in "Select formats" set it to "Manual:Select which formats to use", and them just manually enable all formats.
    • This is because there is an few issues how the sdk detects the formats being used in some videos with Dolby Digital audio, remember this will not mean you will have DTS-HD support or even Dolby Atmos, since the required libs are not there to have that support!
    • I also recommend on both builds to disable the "DNR" and also play with the "Picture Mode", for that go to "settings->Advanced Settings->Picture".
    • On the ATV build i do recommend you guys to go to playstore and manually update the default google apps, and then restart the box.
    Bugs:
    • Of course there is bugs!! there always be bugs!!

Want to buy me a beer?

Download:

Install instructions:
    • Use usb burning tool v2.2.0 to burn the IMG.

THIS ROM DELETES ALL YOUR DATA SO DO A BACKUP!

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Enjoy it!

PS: here are some pics of the ATV build...!

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20210304-182451.png Views:	2 Size:	302.0 KB ID:	821054Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20210304-182539.png Views:	2 Size:	304.3 KB ID:	821055Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20210304-182525.png Views:	2 Size:	293.2 KB ID:	821056
    Last edited by superceleron; 03-13-2021, 16:09.

And in case you don't know

treboR
    Please consider
    Donating to Freaktab

Comment

I can't make it
      You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by SZKIFEN View Post
        I can't make it
        That is the wrong IMG, im sorry i posted the wrong link.
        That is for a very old s912 box.

Comment

Updated 1º post with the correct link.

But here it is: https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...2t?usp=sharing

Comment

Originally posted by superceleron View Post
            Updated 1º post with the correct link.

But here it is: https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...2t?usp=sharing
            It worked, thank you very much!

Comment

Added to the download the ATV User build.
              What that means to you, don't know... your mileage may varie here.
              For me my ISP live TV app only shows in playstore(and play) if i use an non rooted and selinux enforced fw.
              I bet there are more like that.

Comment

Hi, tnx for this Roms! I using ATV User Build , but why samba is not available on it?
                Last edited by rs_ha; 07-10-2021, 13:12.

Comment

Originally posted by rs_ha View Post
                  Hi, tnx for this Roms! I using ATV User Build , but why samba is not available on it?
                  Well i still did not implemented, im not using minix fw, but using my own sdk.

Comment

Working...
                  X