• Time
  • Show
Clear All

[ROM] Slimbox Gt King Pro (Android 9)

slimBOXtv 15.1

Dev:Slimhouse

-------------------------------

Changes:
    • Added support for Bromite SystemWebView (download from the project website)
    • The AOSP keyboard startup icon is hidden
    • Replaced Setup Wizard (ATV)
    • Fixed issue with logging in to Google account
    • Updated WebView and Google Play service
    • Added additional Bluetooth settings with the display of the battery charge of the remote control
    • Increased logo and boot animation size
    • Added AOSP keyboard with Holo Blue theme by default
    • Adjustments to the operation of image modes
    • Added optimally configured Nova Launcher mod, activated as master (PIE)
    • Google services with less memory and CPU usage are used
    • Key reassignment has been modified in the Button Manager and is launched from the settings
    • Systematic amendments
    • Added support for Bromite SystemWebView (you can download it from the project site)
    • Hidden launcher icon for AOSP keyboard settings
    • Replaced by Setup Wizard (ATV)
    • Fixed issue with google account login
    • Updated WebView and Google Play service
    Clean installation is strongly recommended !!!

Download ATV or PIE

https://slimboxtv.ru
    Last edited by ReaperMan; 02-24-2022, 18:28.

Thanks for the heads up, I may give it a try.
    MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Working great so far. Afrd is not included, but no problem, just download and install.

Using Kodi, all the audio codecs that I have tried are working, including the HD codecs. The Afrd changes the framerate to the correct framerate for the video being played.......

Have not tested the samba server, but will come in handy with the GS King X that has slots for 2 hard drives.
      MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Can't wait to try! I think there is a patch for google play store (not all services?) Translations were a little confusing at brief glance.

Comment

The Play store work great right off the bat.

Comment

Seriously? Fail for me!

Ver:SB9H

Was on a working 919P0. (faulty flash/ OTA removed by Beelink) Failed to flash Slimbox Pie v12.
            USB Burn Tool v2.2.3.3
            -Erase bootloader/Lowper/Identify/ Error result

Had to SD card to get free from 919P0
            Sd card flash to 918P0

Tried Slimbox v12 again

Deselected "Erase Bootloader"
            -Romcode/Initialize DDR/Initialize PLL/USB Control setup error

Might try a SD card method ...maybe...
            (Possibly not universal DDR memory for v12?)
            Last edited by ReaperMan; 08-14-2021, 00:12.

Comment

I used Burning tool version 2.1.71. Imported the ATV version (beelink_gtking_pro_atv_v12.img) into the burning tool.
              I clicked the start button on the tool.
              Plugged in the power to the box.
              Then connected one end of a homemade male to male USB cord into the OTG port on the box and the other end of the cable into a USB port on my Windows 10 PC.
              The tool connected right away and installed the Slimbox ROM.......

S/N 922 HHQLF

Comment

Originally posted by ReaperMan View Post
                USB Burn Tool v2.2.3.3
                Where did you get that version of UBT? I'd double check Khadas Docs to see what they are currently using and they still recommend the version 2.2.0 for Windows, and being it is still good enough for them and their Dev boards, then no reason to use a newer version. The v2.2.0 works good for me, even though; I use the Linux install method more.

Khadas Link:

-Romcode/Initialize DDR/Initialize PLL/USB Control setup error
                A quirk I noticed with a difficult Amlogic box that was throwing Errors at me non-stop, was to hold the Reset button till the firmware gets to the burn System.img part of the process, about 10%, of course the Tool is pre-loaded firmware already and have clicked Start, so just plugged device in and hold reset button till the Tool gets past the point of rejecting the firmware.

Comment

I installed the ATV ROM while it was still in the test phase
                  1. There is Google play store for android TV
                  2. Auto Frame Rate still not included, but it will be ASAP

A new version of firmware will be released soon with AFR.

Comment

Originally posted by RiCkLaR_atvX View Post
                    Where did you get that version of UBT? I'd double check Khadas Docs to see what they are currently using and they still recommend the version 2.2.0 for Windows, and being it is still good enough for them and their Dev boards, then no reason to use a newer version. The v2.2.0 works good for me, even though; I use the Linux install method more.

Khadas Link:

A quirk I noticed with a difficult Amlogic box that was throwing Errors at me non-stop, was to hold the Reset button till the firmware gets to the burn System.img part of the process, about 10%, of course the Tool is pre-loaded firmware already and have clicked Start, so just plugged device in and hold reset button till the Tool gets past the point of rejecting the firmware.
                    I did not have to use the reset button at all with this firmware.

Comment

Everything seems to be working well, EXCEPT the samba server.

I connected a 4TB external HDD, enabled the Samba server function, but the transfer rates is very, very slow. ONLY got about 10Mps transfer speed.

Comment

I hate messing around with USB burn tool, downgrading has required(past) going into registry and deleting instances to fully downgrade. Will try; on some dokey computer or tablet laying around, your suggestions.

Was it discussed here or Kodi forums that Samba versions + Win 10 had turtle speeds?

Learn how to resolve transfer performance issues with SMB files by using the provided troubleshooting steps.

I have set up a file server using Ubuntu 12.04 Server. The purpose is to serve several network drives to Windows users that have heretofore been served by numerous NAS drives. I have Samba set up ...

I'm not a Samba user...you probably are more in the know.

Comment

Latest ATV ( private ; ) ) test version - works perfect. Special review on AFR and blutooth devices.
                          Will be published soon

Comment

nice. Any test for "works perfect" AOSP(Pie)?

Comment

works super

Comment

Working...
                              X