• Show
Clear All

Mini M8s pro-c 707N0-C

Version: Mini M8S PRO_707N0-C

Link:https://beelink-my.sharepoint.com/pe...5a9d39229c30ba

change log:

1, optimizing video play

2, removing "Fishing Joy"

i have flashed the Mini M8S Pro with this ROM. The hardware screen resolution changed to 1280X720 instead of 1920X1080. Because of that the maximum resolution for playing Youtube video is limited to 720P. Do you have a special reason for doing that or just an error?

Comment

The serial No. of the machine is S/N C912BSBG80199 16G ROM 2G RAM

Comment

I have the same symptoms,
        I have been forced to change it using the Resolution app.

Comment

Hello guys
          I received my box a few days ago and instantly updated it to 707N0 using OTA. After update my screen resolution was 1080p but youtube videos ran 720p at max.
          And it's why I need your help... In order to have android tv with tv apps and a better youtube resolution, I flashed this rom from magendanz : http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...android-tv-7-1
          I read the beelink gt1 and the mini m8s pro were exactly the same but on my box the promising rom is very slow, crashes all the time and is totally unusable. The problem is that I didn't manage to recover the original system. I used the sd card method with this post image and it resulted in a bricked box (unbricked now, thanks to magendanz's rom), I tryed the usb burning tool but my box isn't detected.
          My last hope is that some of you can do a backup of their box and send it to me so I can restore it using TWRP and recover a usable system. Pleaaaaase, I really need your help...

Comment

Originally posted by 463JR View Post
            Hello guys
            I received my box a few days ago and instantly updated it to 707N0 using OTA. After update my screen resolution was 1080p but youtube videos ran 720p at max.
            And it's why I need your help... In order to have android tv with tv apps and a better youtube resolution, I flashed this rom from magendanz : http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...android-tv-7-1
            I read the beelink gt1 and the mini m8s pro were exactly the same but on my box the promising rom is very slow, crashes all the time and is totally unusable. The problem is that I didn't manage to recover the original system. I used the sd card method with this post image and it resulted in a bricked box (unbricked now, thanks to magendanz's rom), I tryed the usb burning tool but my box isn't detected.
            My last hope is that some of you can do a backup of their box and send it to me so I can restore it using TWRP and recover a usable system. Pleaaaaase, I really need your help...
            I think you have the m8s pro non c revision, only difference is apparently the ethernet port is gigabit with the non c revision but I'm convinced that they both have different boot loaders so that might explain the troubles your having with this firmware. Here's the firmware for the non c revision https://beelink-my.sharepoint.com/pe...e14406579f73b8

Comment

Hello guys
              I think you have the non c variant, here's the firmware for it https://beelink-my.sharepoint.com/pe...e14406579f73b8

Comment

Ok thank you! I'll try this one!
                Can I use the burn card maker software with this image?
                What's the difference between C and non C version?

Comment

I had tried to flash the newly bought Mini M8S Pro with older version ROM "MINI M8S PRO_703N0_LTM8830.img" hoping to get 1080P in Youtube. The hardware screen resolution was changed to 1920 X 1080 as checked by CPU-Z or Aida64 but the Hardware RAM was said to be 1 GB instead of 2 GB. The machine ran at a very low speed and apps were always crashed. At last I used USB burning method to flash the above rom "MINI M8S PRO_707N0-C.img". It brought life back to the machine although playing Youtube is still at 720P maximum.

You need to use a pin to hold the reset button and then plug in the USB cable and power on at the same time. If it is not run automatically click the start button on burning software. I tried more than 3 times to get success in burning.

Comment

Originally posted by TP Chung View Post
                    I had tried to flash the newly bought Mini M8S Pro with older version ROM "MINI M8S PRO_703N0_LTM8830.img" hoping to get 1080P in Youtube. The hardware screen resolution was changed to 1920 X 1080 as checked by CPU-Z or Aida64 but the Hardware RAM was said to be 1 GB instead of 2 GB. The machine ran at a very low speed and apps were always crashed. At last I used USB burning method to flash the above rom "MINI M8S PRO_707N0-C.img". It brought life back to the machine although playing Youtube is still at 720P maximum.

You need to use a pin to hold the reset button and then plug in the USB cable and power on at the same time. If it is not run automatically click the start button on burning software. I tried more than 3 times to get success in burning.
                    Which one is the OTG port?

Comment

Ok thank you! I'll try this one!
                      Can I use the burn card maker software with this image?
                      What's the difference between C and non C version?
                      Ethernet port is slower on the c variant (100/Mbps). SD burn card maker should work.

Comment

The usb port at the side is working for me

Comment

To AZW,

Will you develop a rom later to make the hardware screen resolution as 1920X1080?

Comment

Naturally, you need firmware that supports 1080p or higher resolution. You know, this is a 4k tv box ... This is definitely wrong.

Comment

So, my version is a C variant (written on the serial number).
                              I managed to flash it with the above rom and it works perfectly, except it runs yourube at 720p.
                              To help some people, I had to use usb burning tool 2.0.8 because my box wasn't detected with the 2.0.5. The OTG port is effectively the one near to the micro sd slot. To flash, you need to push the reset button before plugging the usb and I didn't need to plug the power adapter so I guess it's not necessary all the time. Hope it helps.

Comment

Working...
                              X