X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mini M8s pro-c 708N0-C

Version firmware: Mini M8S PRO_708N0-C

link
    MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 50GB now!

Originally posted by michkovitalik View Post
    Version firmware: Mini M8S PRO_708N0-C

link
    is it for the 3/32 or 2/16?

Comment

Originally posted by X92-2GB View Post

is it for the 3/32 or 2/16?
      2/16

Comment

I waited and got the wireless update OTA version to update the firmware. All went OK, but...

For some reason the mute button randomly goes to notification or system sounds, instead of media. Oddly enough all sounds are disabled but media, and notifications are disabled. When the issues pops up, the slider is about 15% away from 0 and will always start there, even when set at zero.

very annoying especially when it won't reset until popped out of the video stream, or when a commercial change. Makes me keep away from AMC, as they boost the audio for commercials.

Will do a systems check to see what improvements in performance and stability.

So far a few apps would stop while in use, but that is probably my configuration, to disable ART, and use DAVLIK cache.

will post any improvements or issues once I get around to it. Just updated earlier in the day.

Comment

Pretty stable, lacks 1080p native. Seems to be up scaling from its internal resolution of 780p to the user display setting.

2 big noticeable big improvements with drivers and kernel.

Both WiFi and Ethernet max out at my maximum connection speeds. Before I was just below 96 mbps download speeds on both, now I am 108+ mbps download speeds.

I assume the rear USB port has been upgraded on its driver. Now it reports USB3 comptable and set at max speed 485 mbps.

Speed improvement and less errors with app closures.

Please work on making native resolution to match the display screen resolution settings.

Comment

Made a change to force 1920x1080 and also force the native desktop dpi from 240 to 220 to shrink down the application icons to fit the display, so that text is not cut off at the bottom edge of the screen. Simple yet effective. Just annoyed at some video playback or apps will still shutdown randomly.

This firmware is probably the best so far, but still needs work... For peeps reading this, don't try to use oversized arrow, it will stick at oversized when selected to turn off.

Comment

I rebuilt the original firmware from the Mini M8S PRO-C 708N0 to a screen resolution of 1080p instead of 720p

MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 50GB now!

Comment

Originally posted by michkovitalik View Post
                I rebuilt the original firmware from the Mini M8S PRO-C 708N0 to a screen resolution of 1080p instead of 720p
                Please correct before pushing out any further updates... as this firmware is very unstable. I need to reboot every 24 hours. Donno if it is a memory tweak, or speedup tweaks. System becomes erratic, wonky pointer and remote functions, apps force close, only to be normal after reboot. Possible that the issue to keep sleep from happening is corrupting memory over time. May take 4 hours or more to notice when left alone to pop in and out of screen saver. I had not noticed, because the TV was off.

Great! Unfortunately the firmware file is missing... empty mega folder.

After 24 hours of running the OTA update... I found the enlarged arrow resetable after the 2nd reboot. I assume a few settings may need to be cleared after the latest update. I would recommend backing up user apps and data, and doing a factory reset to clear out old settings.

Two issues that needs to be fixed... if left in app, that has no playback activity, the system screen saver stops, as if activity, after 3 or 4 minutes in colors screen saver. This issue did not happen before the update, on past firmware revisions.

The other being mute erratic function. Sometimes locks or functions for alarms and sounds, not the media volume on playback.

A small detail, CEC needs to be updated, does not work on Samsung TV.
                Last edited by X92-2GB; 06-04-2018, 15:23.

Comment

Had to flash to a different firmware... This box does not allow proper cooling for this firmware. Plus there is a possibility there is an endless loop going on in background. Causing overheating when used. Box says very warm when at idle, which never happen before, even with stock cooling. My cooling mod will require case modifying to open the top for mounting a finned heat sink, with this firmware. Let alone no chance of cooling being the fix for outstanding issues that I found.

Comment

New test release is the best release. Did mine with out restoring any settings, so everything is cleanly done from scratch. Been very solid playing HD content and stress tests.

I think the original 708N0 OTA update release had installed unclean over the 707N0, and produced some bad issues.

Just posted what I found earlier for the record and for those who have done the OTA update and found some issues out for themselves, to compare with.

Thanks for doing a lot of display settings additions along with making the box default to 1080p native resolution.
                    Last edited by X92-2GB; 06-06-2018, 02:54.

Comment

Just as an FYI, the new Test firmware is great! Sent a reply to you on my findings. Could be released as an update as it is, but would like to see the minor tweaks with the missing settings options and the missing network driver updates used in original 708N0 OTA.

Oh, for the 340 setting in build.prop, ro.sf.lcd_density=240. I used a minimum width in Developer Options of 960. Which makes the screen size in Accessibility near equal to 200, which makes most of the layouts for apps more proper with TV screen sizes. It took me a while to figure out, that adjusting display size in Accessibility, with 240 set in the build prop caused remote key issues randomly. The reason was apps were being pushed outside their layout boundaries. By using 340, and adjusting the Developer minimum width to 960 gives a good starting point for user adjust in accessibility. I would say 800 but a virtual 200 allows the user to adjust closer to 220 and 240 for their tastes, without messing up the layout set within the apps.

its impossible to make a setting that works well with 100% of the apps, but from my assortment, that's what works for me.

Thanks for letting me try out the test firmware. Can't wait to see another release for the corrections, for a well done firmware for these boxes.

Comment

i am having wifi problem with this firmware. it keeps disconnecting and reconnecting. im not sure if its a hardware problem. it used to happen on an older rom but not nearly as much as michkovitalik rom

Comment

Donno, the one of the first things I did was install an external antenna, which boosted my gain to 30db, as before it was around 50db. Plus my router had been setup to allow the best possible connection, and allow proper connections with Google devices (Google DNS) before I got a box.

Had a few drops with michovtalik firmware, but none with 707N0 after doing a clean install, not the OTA update.

Comment

i dont think an external antenna would fix the problem as the router is right next to tv box.
                            that said, it wouldn't hurt to try. how the heck to you install a bigger antenna on the tv box. if you have a product that can do that then please share the link

Comment

Got pigtails from Ebah, and used one of the 4 unused 3db antennas, I removed off of my router. Mounted on the same side as the SD card near the front corner. Just make sure you leave enough room for PCB to clear the connector.

It may help if neighbors are overlapping the channel and default roaming tries to connect to the stronger signal.

Comment

Working...
                              X