W95 WIFI issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

W95 WIFI issue

I experiment a strange problem with my w95 box: wifi disconnects (remains "obtaining IP address") and reconnects randomly.

It seems that it happens only when not in use because when it is used continuously by an app (streaming tv for example) it does'nt disconnect (so i do'nt think it's a hardware problem)

Rebooting the box does not solve. Rebooting the modem does not solve. Factory resetting the box does not solve. Using a static IP address does not solve.

This is very annoying. HELP !!

hi, when did you find such problem? what did you do with this device before stop using? how long would this appear?

Comment

please let's know firmware version.

btw, since it's useless with whatever you did, so the device can't connect internet any more? neither wifi nor VLAN, right?

Comment

Thank you AZW for your quick answer.

In fact there are different scenarios that may happen, and these scenarios seem to happen completely at random.
        It can cycle indifferent ways:
        connecting, authenticating, authentication problem OR connecting, authenticating, saved OR connecting, authenticating, obtaining IP address, saved OR (successfull) connecting, authenticating, obtaining IP address,connected
        Once connected, it may disconnect or not.
        Also i noticed that if i use it continuously (streaming internet) it does NOT disconnect.
        So in fact it remains somehow usable

firmware version is 7.1.2 build 705N0, security: 5/5/2017

Comment

thanks for your information.

Our engineer will test with 705N0, hope we can repeat it soon.

Comment

Hello

I tried to regress my box to version 704N0 -> same wifi issue
            I also tried to regress my box to version 703N0 -> same wifi issue

So i'm disappointed cause i do'nt find any solution as for now

good evening

Comment

I own a W95 (705 firmware) not experiencing any wifi issues, maybe router related issue on your end.

Comment

Originally posted by blau View Post
                Hello

I tried to regress my box to version 704N0 -> same wifi issue
                I also tried to regress my box to version 703N0 -> same wifi issue

So i'm disappointed cause i do'nt find any solution as for now

good evening
                we didn't repeat this issue.......

Comment

Hello folks,

Thanks for your contributions.

On the router side, i tried 2 things: rebooting it and changing channel number. This did not solve.

Also i have 4 devices working flawlessly with that wifi access point: one PC under windows 7, two phones under android 4.4 and a tablet under android 5.0.

So could it be a hardware issue ?

Comment

Are you using the same ssid for both your 2.4ghz and 5ghz? In the past I noticed this causes issues with some Android boxes.

Comment

Originally posted by anthony96 View Post
                      Are you using the same ssid for both your 2.4ghz and 5ghz? In the past I noticed this causes issues with some Android boxes.
                      Thank you but my router is only 802.11n. So it only works in 2.4ghz

Comment

EUREKA !!
                        I found the cause of this problem: PLASMA SCREEN of my TV set causing Electromagnetic Interference. So this w95 (hardware and firmware) is NOT the cause of the issue.
                        Now, it works well by placing the box 3 meters away from the TV !

Thanks to all for your kind help.

Comment

Hi,

i found another solution (without putting the box away from the tv): using the highest wifi channel permitted by the router (channel 13)

Comment

100% Solved.

After about a year trying to solve the problem of why my W95 box was disconnecting from the Internet every 30 minutes on the dot I finally found the answer. It works without a problem.

It seems that the 7.1.1 system doesn't like IPv6 in most routers the solution was to "Uncheck" the IPv6 box in the router settings and just use IPv4 setting

Hope this helps

Comment

I have a problem with the w95 tv box, I updated the firmware and then it froze, when I connect it it stays in the beginning when a blue background comes out with the letters saying 4k..., it stays there, I tried to put it in factory mode with the reset button, but it doesn't work, it stays the same, you know how to solve that problem

Comment

Working...
                              X